PDA

View Full Version : Game Recommendations

Xterm1n8or
02-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey all. It's my 17th bday on the 12th feb :woop: , and so ive decided im going to treat myself to a couple of 360 games. One problem - which ones!, any recommendations? The only criteria is that it should be relatively new, out in the UK, and is a game that will take a while to complete. Got a game which people really dont buy but is really quite good? - please tell me! Thanks for any response it would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, here are the games i already own -

TigerWoodsPGATOUR®07
FIFA 07
DEAD RISING
Rainbow Six® Vegas
MotoGP 06
Gears of War
G.R.A.W.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR06
Full Auto
Marble Blast Ultra
Dead OR Alive 4
UNO
Splinter Cell D.A.
TotemBall
Test Drive Unlimited
PGR 3
Call of Duty 2
King Kong
Hexic HD
Top Spin 2
NFS Most Wanted

Worm99
02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Have you tried Oblivion or Enchanted Arms. I'm not too sure if they are out in the UK or not.
J

zebatov
02-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey all. It's my 17th bday on the 12th feb :woop: , and so ive decided im going to treat myself to a couple of 360 games. One problem - which ones!, any recommendations? The only criteria is that it should be relatively new, out in the UK, and is a game that will take a while to complete. Got a game which people really dont buy but is really quite good? - please tell me! Thanks for any response it would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, here are the games i already own -

TigerWoodsPGATOUR®07
FIFA 07
DEAD RISING
Rainbow Six® Vegas
MotoGP 06
Gears of War
G.R.A.W.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR06
Full Auto
Marble Blast Ultra
Dead OR Alive 4
UNO
Splinter Cell D.A.
TotemBall
Test Drive Unlimited
PGR 3
Call of Duty 2
King Kong
Hexic HD
Top Spin 2
NFS Most Wanted

Dead Rising
R6: Vegas
Gears
Marble Blast
Splinter Cell
Test Drive
CoD2

I'd have said PGR3 but it's a little hard at times.

Out of those:

Dead Rising
Gears
Test Drive
CoD2

Call of Duty is an amazing game. And is very well made. Dead Rising is also very good. Gears offline gets old unless you're just screwing around with your friends online. It's not very fun unless you play it co-op. Although I did make it all the way to half-way through Act 4 on insane by myself before needing a friend out of boredom. Test Drive is a great raving game. It includes the entire island of Oahu, I believe. The only thing you may not like about it are the arcade-like controls.

crazyeyesbtb
02-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Burnout Revenge

Maka
02-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Theres not much on the Market at the Moment, But fomr what I hear, Viva Pinata is a very addciting game, with tough achievements, that force you to play the game for at least 50 hours. Really though, If I were in your Position, Id wait until Feb. 19th or 20th for Crackdown...

Dead Rising
Gears
Marble Blast
Splinter Cell
Test Drive
CoD2

Out of those:

Dead Rising
Gears
Test Drive
CoD2

Call of Duty is an amazing game. And is very well made. Dead Rising is also very good. Gears offline gets old unless you're just screwing around with your friends online. It's not very fun unless you play it co-op. Although I did make it all the way to half-way through Act 4 on insane by myself before needing a friend out of boredom. Test Drive is a great raving game. It includes the entire island of Oahu, I believe. The only thing you may not like about it are the arcade-like controls.

The games listed are the ones he already has.

Zef
02-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Dead Rising
Gears
Marble Blast
Splinter Cell
Test Drive
CoD2

Out of those:

Dead Rising
Gears
Test Drive
CoD2

Well done for reading his post you silly sausage =)

It is difficult to recommend games unless you know what sorts of things the person likes playing. But here goes:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, not graphically amazing but good fun if you like the characters. Online isn't amazing but it will be a good time waster.

Oblivion, something you will eventually love or hate. You may play for hours on end or get past the first achievement and quit. There is definately enough of a game to keep you busy though, if you get bored of the story then there is plenty to do elsewhere.

Texas Hold 'Em, more of an aquired taste if you want to play seriously. Online can be hit or miss if you want to venture off and play the unwashed masses, organised tables can be great though.

Burnout Revenge, good racing/crashing game but it is getting on a bit now. Really you will be playing this offline unless you wait around for a bit to play someone on the continent. No skill required to start with but you will be happy to see the end of the Elite achievement.

Most stuff on the arcade is good, just get the demos and play them instead of paying for the whole game.

Cyrex
02-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Marvel untimate alliance is a good game if you want to pick that one up, can't forget viva pinata and crackdown which is coming out in a about a week

zebatov
02-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Theres not much on the Market at the Moment, But fomr what I hear, Viva Pinata is a very addciting game, with tough achievements, that force you to play the game for at least 50 hours. Really though, If I were in your Position, Id wait until Feb. 19th or 20th for Crackdown...

The games listed are the ones he already has.

Hahahahahaha. Oops. Good Lord. Honest to God that's the only part of his entire post that I didn't read.

Well done for reading his post you silly sausage =)

Yeah. I feel retarded. Oh well. :)

In that case, get Condemned. It has an amazing story. Very hard to follow if you don't read the loading screens and all the extra documents you unlock. Something you wouldn't expect from Sega.

Cyrex
02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
if those games are good enough for you than you can always wait for guitar hero 2, def jam icon, battlefield, worms, and medal of honor airborne

Xterm1n8or
02-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks guys, i think i'll be buying crackdown, and possibly burnout revenge (love racing games).

00skins
02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I really enjoyed Just Cause - its the only game I have managed to get 1000 GP on too. Its not gonna set the world alight but good fun all the same...

Gears of War is superb too, tho considerably more enjoyable if you play the campaign with a buddy...

Fonkey Monkey
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Get Viva pinata, just cause, dead rising, and some marketplace points.
edit:oh yea lost planet is good, i played it at my friends house, worth your money. I would say don't get burnout, cuz you already got the best racer on the 360 imo(test drive) but thats just me.

Corizzle
02-06-2007, 09:45 PM
If you like RPGs, Oblivion is a bitch to complete fully and would give you a lot of value for your money. Other then that, wait for Crackdown

KilluhKam
02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
i say get viva pinata, lost planet, and reserve crackdown and Bullet Witch, all of those games are good (the demo for crackdown is good) and Bullet Witch looks awesome from the screens and vid's of it on youtube i think crackdown comes out on the 22nd in the UK if im not mistaken and Bullet Witch comes out on feb. 27th in the states (hoping it dosnt get pushed back!)

Xterm1n8or
02-07-2007, 12:32 AM
So many games to choose from! Aaaaaggggggghhhhhh!!!!!! Thanks for all the responses its great! :) I may just end up putting all the games' names mentioned in a hat and drawing 2, that would be a different way of doing it!:p

spartancell
02-07-2007, 12:40 AM
you have CoD2, so get CoD3, it is an outstanding multiplayer game:uzi: (i liked it more than gears) plus it has 6 new maps out for it, although only one is free:mad: but the others are worth it:)

Dan261
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Just Cause is a great game too. (my gamer pic) It's like a watered down GTA.

Im a Manatee
02-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Lost planet, Pinata, and Burnout are great games. Burnout is relatively cheap, and there is still a good online base if you're willing to host.

fire1811
02-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Two great games people overlook
Viva Pinata and one of my favorites The Godfather, great game and takes about 50 hours to complete.