PDA

View Full Version : Commercial

zebatov
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Just saw a commercial advertising that you could win a 360 if you texted "Box A" or "Box B" to a number. The question was: "What company makes 360?" Box A was Nintendo and Box B was Microsoft. Man. That's skill testing. There's no way I'm texting it because I already get spam in my email and my PM on this site. I don't need it on my phone!

Kaens
02-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Sounds like they are doing some brand recognition testing. IE, to most people know that 360 is a MS product or do they think (like my mother) that all these game systems are made by Intendo (what she still calls it). Obviously us gamers know.

zebatov
02-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Lol. If no one knows by now that MS makes a system called Xbox, they have to be a hermit. Or one of those creepy cat ladies.

Cyrex
02-06-2007, 12:50 AM
or kaens mom

Kaens
02-06-2007, 01:14 AM
or kaens mom
She's got a bunch of chihuahuas. ;)

Cyrex
02-06-2007, 01:34 AM
catlady dog lady whats the difference?

magictroll
02-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Lol, my mom calls all videogame systems Intendo was well! No jokes!

Hoboking25
02-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Look at the fine print in that text thing, it costs a buck to text them, and then they enter you everyday and charge you everyday until you explicitely tell them to stop.
It's the same company that has those "Joke of the Day" "Your Momma of the Day" etc.
They charge you out the ass without you realizing.
P.S. I'm not speaking from experience I just noticed it one day.

zebatov
02-06-2007, 05:10 AM
You're from Winnipeg so I'm guessing you've seen this commercial because they said something about "...if you're within Canada". And I've done things like this before and noticed my bill go up a tad. Had to cancel it. I also had that SMS crap for a while but cancelled that, too. And you're right. It did say something about a charge when you entered.

KeyWestSniper
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Lol, my mom calls all videogame systems Intendo was well! No jokes!

I've got one even better. After six months of trying to tell my dad it's not a Gamebox, he still mixes it up with my Gamecube. Thus, he calls them the Gamebox and the Xcube....How do you F*** that up???