PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Gold Made Easy (with video)

XGraemeX
09-25-2009, 02:01 AM
After much frustration I finally came up with a way to get far more than enough points in this sim. I know the video doesn't show the whole process, but read the description and it should make sense.

YouTube - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Breakout Gold

Video Description: An easy way to get gold in this sim:
Using the Human Torch, work quickly to get around 30k (hint: always fly), and have about 5 minutes accumulated on the clock, then just do what I'm doing in the video. Basically you want to find a patrolling robot that comes towards an 'exit' then start hammering him with fire balls. Only recharge about 40% before sending the next barrage. With luck another robot will join to speed up the process, but one should do.

Dave02
09-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Thanks man just done it and it worked 1st try. Any other tips on Heavy Metal, Adrenaline Surge and Command? If so can u post them Thanks

XGraemeX
09-25-2009, 03:53 AM
I'll have a video for easy gold on heavy metal up in about 25 minutes.

For Command, I can't come up with a good way to do it solo. With a partner though, just have torch hold the positions since he's immune to the bomb damage, and has a decent range attack, then have the other player kill enemies as they approach ( I used Thor for this). When you're at about 3 seconds left of holding the position, have your other char run out towards the center of the map to prepare to head to the next area, and hold it until torch can catch up, then start killing again. Be careful when using fusion because not only can it pull you off the position, but can last too long, and take away precious seconds.

XGraemeX
09-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Heavy Metal here:

YouTube - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Heavy Metal Gold

BlackRoc
09-25-2009, 05:34 AM
I used Wolverine and Human torch's Fusion. Hit all the terminals then activate the Fusion. don't hat to really group them as they will do that on their own. But since you will have a straggler or 2 this will let you gain more fusion for the next set.

XGraemeX
09-25-2009, 05:46 AM
I tried using Clearing fusions as well, but found they didn't work so well at lower levels.

ddrlenz
09-25-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm going to give that Breakout method a try. Any chance you can help with the Adrenaline Surge sim?

EDIT: It worked like a charm! Thank God...no more banging my head on the wall. lol

Thanks so much! Now I just need to bear Adrenaline Rush/Surge...and I'll have all gold.

ponypo2001
09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
No luck at all here with Breakout.Best I can get is 40k with around 1:30 left on the clock always flying as Torch.Doesn't help that the prisoners like to get stuck in rooms and walls.I just don't see how you ever get 5 minutes on the clock.Care to elaborate or show a video of that?

Dave02
09-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks man im going try to get them all tonight hope to get it done. I cant get a good team together for The rush one.

ddrlenz
09-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Yeah...I'm having problems with Rush too. Sucks...

MalikGowon
09-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Method works. I had 79000 with 5 seconds left and started spamming the fireballs and ended up with 79400. I'm pissed.

XGraemeX
09-26-2009, 03:06 AM
No luck at all here with Breakout.Best I can get is 40k with around 1:30 left on the clock always flying as Torch.Doesn't help that the prisoners like to get stuck in rooms and walls.I just don't see how you ever get 5 minutes on the clock. Care to elaborate or show a video of that?

Just make sure you're heading to the closest of the four exits, and always make wide turns around corners so the prisoner doesn't get stuck. Before 30k points there aren't that many patrol bots/mines, and keep in mind that only the character you're playing as can be caught in the red light. Your other teammates and the prisoner are immune to being caught.

Also, you can shoot fireballs while flying as long as you land to recharge every so often.

If you only have about 1:30 left at only 40k you might find it very difficult to finish this anyway.

diseptikon
09-27-2009, 02:38 AM
What is your strategy for Heavier Metal since you cant do fusions on that sim.

Shattuck
09-27-2009, 03:07 AM
For Heavier Metal, use Thor and spam his B attack, it kills them super fast. Turn on about 4 or 5 machines at once and have another person play Ms. Marvel or Jean Grey and spam their attacks. I think Heavier Metal is much easier than Heavy, since the robots are worth twice the points. I would much rather have no fusions and only have to kill 20 robots than having fusions that don't do much damage and have to kill 40 robots. Honestly fusions are almost a waste of time in Heavy Metal; they take about 8 seconds to do and don't even come close to Thor's B attack, which takes about 1 second and does 1.6 thousand damage.

stv-lo
09-27-2009, 04:17 AM
any tips for the adrenalines? i really need those ones

skin87
09-27-2009, 08:10 AM
For the adrenalines use thor's RT+A power for the first one and on the one without powers use deadpool with a couple boosts that add to melee damage and one that builds your fusion faster. Be sure to grab a multiplier before you use your fusions.

WilliamTheIV
09-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Man I suck with Thor, I used Green Goblin for Heavy Metal, Heavier Metal, Adrenaline (Not the one where you cant use powers, for that I used Venom cause hes cool), and even countdown. I even used Goblin for that Breakout thing, but I did pretty much the same thing as, that video. Too bad I didnt see that video before I got gold though, would have helped alot. Took me `bout an hour to realize stunning bots gives you bonus points lol.

diseptikon
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I take it none of you are playing the sims on legendary? I am, and it takes forever to kill enemies with Thor's B attack.

Shattuck
09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Like I said, I beat it on Legendary with plenty of time to spare with Thor. His B attack should be doing 1.4k damage minimum, if not pick up some more powerups and level all the way up. The boosts I was using were Wades Favorite, the +100% stamina one, and a boost increasing damage.

BT X360
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Great tip. Got 80k with 2,5 minutes to spare.

I also used Songbird. When the Human Torch's stamina was depleted I switched to her and continued to fire (RT+A). Then switched back to the Human Torch, with full stamina.

Any tips for Adrenaline Surge?
Best so far is 64k (legendary).

Badhazard
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I did this and it worked. took a few tries though. I actually worked my way up to 40k with 5 mins. waited 1 min for one bot to come by. I unleashed the fury on him. while i was doing that 1 more showed up and the splash damage from the flames got him stunned. then a few secs later another show up so i was racking in the points

G315T
10-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm totally confused as to why people are having problems with this mission. I used a flying character (HT) and just flew around to the prisoners and brought them back to safe areas. You *DO NOT* have to bring them to the exit you started at, there is an exit in the middle of each wall.

I didn't even attack any robots and I GAVE UP with 7:30 left on my clock at 145k points, on my second try.

sedenteanimo
10-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah the mission is not that hard since you gain a lot of time every time you rescue a prisoner. As long as you don't get impatient and try to run in front of one of the bots, you should be able to win every time. The hardest part is not getting bored.

nateeasy
10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Ive unlocked Wade's Favorite but I don't know what it does.

darksidecow
10-05-2009, 07:35 PM
thanks for the easy gold need breakout as my last one so it helped alot.

Brothaa
10-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah Thanks a ton for the tips and video on Breakout. It was the last sim disc that I needed and I finally got the cheeve for all gold. :uzi:

stu004
10-18-2009, 01:59 PM
The heavy metal video doesn't work for legendary... I tried it using all kinds of targeted characters. I got to 90k by using thor and using the same method just spamming RT + B but the time always gets me, any ideas?

EDIT: nevermind... I got it haha, I combined the two together what the targeted didn't kill Thor swooped in and finished off.

Kirye
10-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Wow, I just did this achievement with so much luck. XD I managed to get 5 robots together behind a wall, so I kept using Jean's RT-X attack to rack up damage. I finished with exactly 80k at the last second. I was about to get pissed cause time ran out before I could finish.

DaCameraMan
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Awsome! I will definitely give this a try. Keep you posted.

DaCameraMan
10-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Heavy Metal here:

YouTube - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Heavy Metal Gold (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV2cJaR5OA)

Thanks. I will definitely try this out.

DaCameraMan
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Heavy Metal here:

YouTube - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Heavy Metal Gold (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBV2cJaR5OA)
Oh yeah. Definitely will be going to give this a try next time I'm on.

htown4life
11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
i just flew thru breakout in like 10 minutes if that & got 100,700

hype
12-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm totally confused as to why people are having problems with this mission. I used a flying character (HT) and just flew around to the prisoners and brought them back to safe areas. You *DO NOT* have to bring them to the exit you started at, there is an exit in the middle of each wall.

I didn't even attack any robots and I GAVE UP with 7:30 left on my clock at 145k points, on my second try.

lol people always want the easy way out.
i tried this "tip" after i had already gotten about 65k, but only because i was on the phone -n- didn't want to fuck myself up.

u can either go with the "luck" or take your time given u have plenty of it. up until about 60k, i just used Jean Grey's RT + B to lock them in place, then RT + X to stun them if the light was still active. easy as cake.

qubiq
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
amazing video ... this was my last achievement. just as a tip though, I equipped 3 "powers" boots +100% Stamina, +40something stamina, +30something stamina. allowed me to use Torch's fireballs more.

I only built up 3:30 in time (I think 3 or 4 prisoners) ... spent the rest of the time spamming fireballs. finished will into the 90k range on my first attempt.

thanks for the video. 5 stars.