PDA

View Full Version : Powers of Two (all fusions achievement) trick

XGraemeX
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
When performing a fusion, if you press block (LB) the fusion will cancel, but will still count towards the Powers of Two achievement. You can press it immediately after the fusion starts.

If this is common knowledge I apologize, but I didn't realize it until halfway through.

Dave02
09-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Got a stupid ? is it "Y" that I hit to do fusion with the other or not?

WilliamTheIV
09-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Actually I didnt know this. Im sure a few people have figured this out, but your the first ive seen that has posted this, so this might help out many.
Also, to support this, you can do the very first simulation, the "Basic Training" I believe its called. At the end you can just spam the fusions, since you have unlimited fusion meter in that sim.

Legend Has It 1
09-25-2009, 11:03 PM
do you lose that fusion or no?

edit: yes you do lose that fusion, it just lets you move on to the next fusion faster.

XGraemeX
09-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Got a stupid ? is it "Y" that I hit to do fusion with the other or not?

Just hold :ltbut:once you have filled up the fusion meter (a star in the bottom right). You'll see buttons appear above your teammate's heads (:ybut::xbut::bbut::abut:). Press one of those with :ltbut:held down and you'll perform the fusion, and empty one 'star' of the fusion meter. To do a fusion with a co-op partner you both need to press :ltbut:.

Also, to support this, you can do the very first simulation, the "Basic Training" I believe its called. At the end you can just spam the fusions, since you have unlimited fusion meter in that sim.

Yup, and on top of that you don't actually need to hit anything with the fusion, just activate it.

Iijima Hanada
09-26-2009, 03:34 AM
I wish there was an easier way to keep track of what you've already done with this.. It really is harder to deal with once you get closer to 276. The 'fusions with each hero' is nice but it's a pain to deal with at 262. Do you guys have any tips on how to make it easier?

skin87
09-26-2009, 04:55 AM
I wish there was an easier way to keep track of what you've already done with this.. It really is harder to deal with once you get closer to 276. The 'fusions with each hero' is nice but it's a pain to deal with at 262. Do you guys have any tips on how to make it easier?

Not now that you are already into it. I always give the achievement list a once over before I start a game and once I saw this one I made a simple cross chart in excel so that I could keep track.

Sniperman
09-26-2009, 05:59 AM
stop being a tease skin, share it. :D

Iijima Hanada
09-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Phew.. I opened up a Word document this time and jotted down the names of all the characters and crossed off what pairings worked and which ones didn't. After about thirty minutes, I got it. I've learned my lesson for next time.

skin87
09-26-2009, 05:32 PM
stop being a tease skin, share it. :D
Sure, I don't mind. It's nothing special though, you could probably make a prettier one yourself in a couple minutes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IGJG0L6

stv-lo
09-27-2009, 05:08 AM
easy way is just to select a character then select the next 3 in line, then swap the 3 for the next 3 etc... keep moving like that and itll be done in no time

d00gler
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
There are also several other Excel/Word spreadsheets posted on the MUA2 forum, but they're probably all about the same thing.

Dead Soulja
09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
EDIT: Figured it out.

neeker75
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM

It actually gets easier at 262. You just go to the Stats page and see which characters have not completed 23 unique fusions, and put them in a team together before doing Basic Training. Chances are, you'll get them checked off pretty quickly.

sedenteanimo
10-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I had missed one fusion when I finally went to that stat page and found the two I needed for the fusion.