PDA

View Full Version : Breakout is the worst thing in the history of games

Shattuck
09-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Seriously I want to find the person responsible for this mission and kick them in the balls until they can't ever have children. I don't know if being on Legendary difficulty changes anything, but this is pissing me off more than anything I have ever seen in a game. It is the only gold medal I need to finish up, but the mission takes forever and the AI is cheesy as hell. You have to rescue like 18 people but after about the third one there are 4 or 5 robots looking for you, then the number increases, then mines start dropping out of nowhere, AND you are timed. How on earth is anyone supposed to get gold on this steaming pile of crap?

SMKpaladin
09-26-2009, 12:13 AM
I don't want to embarras you any further, but I did this on my second try, really. It's quite easy if you just play games like Velvet Assassin alot ;)

Keep in mind, that the faster you get to the prisoner AND the faster you rescue him, the more points you will receive. I got my bronze medal (20000) after 3 prisoners (about 7k points per prisoner).
I also noticed that you receive more points when you do NOT shoot/disable the guards (disabling them nets you 100 points each. But the rescue bonus is much higher without doing so).
Time is really no problem in this thing, as you get more and more time, the more prisoners you rescue under par. At the end I had like 6 minutes left and only needed <1K points.

Powerman1469
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
easy sim.. plus make it easier just use spiderman swing around.. done

Shattuck
09-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Did either of you do it on Legendary? Because using Spiderman to swing around certainly does not work, and its kind of hard to "quickly rescue prisoners" when there are 10 robots at every corner.

Juggunaut
09-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't know if this was mentioned before or not, but this is how I got it done. I was having trouble with this one as well, because I was being too impatient. I was at around 60k points and I ducked into a room to hide from the guards and I noticed that there were a few close together so I used green goblins glider attack and apparently there were like 5 or 6 lined up and I was getting like 600 points every couple seconds, don't know how realistic this is to replicate but it might be worth a shot. Good luck.

rdowdy95
09-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I beat this one on Super Heroic last night after about 10 tries. Anyways here was my team: Captain America, Wolverine, Thing, Juggernaut. Weird team? Yeah I know. I did it legit, but I was wondering. I haven't tried it again since I got gold for it, but could Deadpool be used to teleport through the walls of the jail cells. I mean you would be able to find the prisoner quick, but you would still have to lead him to the exits on foot. Otherwise the prisoners would get stuck. I had some get stuck on walls if I left them to quicky. I was using the evade move where they roll forward real quick.

Bra5am
09-26-2009, 07:11 PM
The difficulty doesn't matter, and just use a flyer your field of vision is like tripled. Makes it a lot easier.

Shattuck
09-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Difficulty very much does matter. Legendary means more robots and more mines are spawned, and being level 60 increases the numbers very slightly as well. Difficulty impacts all sim missions in some way.

AnonymousFriend
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
The robots only see human controlled characters and their eyesight is worse than MGS grunts. Just use a flyer and gain more field of vision.

BigApple3AM
09-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Just get about 40-50k points with the character of your choice (deadpool's teleport jump or any flyer are great)

Then hide in an exit hallway with Human torch and just keep fireballing. eventually 2-4 robots should get stuck in your fireball spam. if you have like 3 minutes on the clock you should have plenty of time to spam enough points.