PDA

View Full Version : wow a horrible mess

ThaMyth
09-26-2009, 02:02 AM
Man lemme start by saying I LOVE THE WARRIORS MOVIE! Growing up on it it was a common occurance to stroll through our living room as a child and have the warriors or death wish blasting from the tv. I also Loved the rockstar WARRIORS game, very solid aside from minor flaws. Now all that being said.... I Freaking HATE Warriors Street Brawl! it pains my soul to say that shit. I had optimistic hopes for the title and thought it would atleast be a good deversion like TMNT turtles in time and Streets Of Rage even. I was an idiot and spent 800msp on this fat turd before ever testing it out. BIG MISTAKE and i shoulda known better seeing as how ive been duped in the past, But this was THE WARRIORS!... now for the game... Shit! You die as often as you can hit the start button to continue and believe me you will continue! even after realizing i could turn on computer AI to control the other warriors, THIS DID NOT HELP THE GAME! With 3 more dudes pounding that ass I still died like i was the only Fro wearing Indian on the block, and frankly I WAS! haha. I made it to level 1-3 and then deleted this shitastic game from my harddrive, it even pains me to see its logo in my recently played games. DO NOT TRY or BUY this EVER! Buy Rockstars WARRIORS~! if you have an original xbox, ps2 or psp! wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Better!
:uzi: (WARRIORS: SB)

[Waggly Bean]
09-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I take it you only played it single player then?

It's actually fairly enjoyable with a friend, and imagine more-so with more than one friend. It's nothing stellar, but it really isn't trerrible. I played through with a friend all the way to the end on the evening of it's release.

I would say if you have friends to play this with and you're a fan of side-scrolling beat-em ups, it's definitely worth a try. For singleplayer only, it's evidentally not that great and probably one to avoid. As I said in the other thread, I don't regret spending 800MSP on this at all.

ThaMyth
09-27-2009, 01:20 AM
boy i do lol but as long as your enjoying it then your getting your moneys worth.

amishroadkill79
09-27-2009, 06:37 AM
i must say it wasnt the best 800 MS spent but i have bought worse before, its not too bad. Even on Recuit you still get your ass kicked pretty regular.

Cynicalfate
09-27-2009, 07:40 AM
you dont have to die that much its just a game for once if you dont block you will prolly get owned

i dont see why you would hate it enough to delete it off your hard drive i found it pretty fun

Warriors ftw :)

ThaMyth
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
yeah but gaming tastes are like sodea flavors, everybody got a diff one you like. Im just spoiled on the better warriors game i suppose, its still pretty butt though hahaha.

FerociousMoney
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I have always been a huge fan of The Warriors. This game is not great, but it's not horrible either. It's probaly a 4.5/10, it's decent. I bought it and it's alright when you're playing with a friend.

I'm trying to beat it right now, I'm stuck on the last level (7-3) with 1 life left and using Rembrandt. I started with Swan, got destroyed and I was like meh, I'll just try the worst guy and see if there is a huge difference in power and health. I ended up doing good with Rembrandt and now I'm stuck with this shitty guy on the last level lol.

AJC3317
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
it could have been a lot better, but i kinda enjoy it. u should play on the easiest level, u don't die nearly as much (or at all), and u kinda get the feel for the game. after playing thru the lowest difficulty i was able to get to #16 on the leaderboards for medium difficulty

Skid Row Trash
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Wow, this game is fucking terrible, one of the worst on the Xbox live arcade. Throw it in a sack wth bliss island and burn it, then burn the ashes. For a bunch of warriors, these guys all look like pussies from the 80's. They have the muscle mass of an anorexic skeleton smoking crack all day. I don't think these fools could even beat up a couple of school girls.

[Waggly Bean]
09-29-2009, 05:09 PM
For a bunch of warriors, these guys all look like pussies from the 80's.

Annnnd I'm guessing you don't know that the game is based on a movie from 1979... :rolleyes:

Contrah
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Warriors <3
gonna watch it in a minute too :)

Skid Row Trash
09-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Never seen it, but if it's anything like the game, I don't think I will bother.

What sort of movie is in anyways?

[Waggly Bean]
09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Never seen it, but if it's anything like the game, I don't think I will bother.

What sort of movie is in anyways?

Hmm, well if you'd taken a couple more minutes to read one of the other threads on here, you'd see that the general opinion is that the film is awesome. It's an action film I suppose, I can't think how best to describe it so here's a copy-paste synopsis:
A Los Angeles gang is framed for killing the boss of the city's top gang during a time of peace, sending them on a dangerous cross-city mission to get back to their home turf alive

It's an awesome film, but then again if you're one of these people who love explosions and big-budget and nothing else will do, then just don't bother. If that's what you want, maybe wait for the remake (supposedly coming 2010). I'm sure that will suck balls in comparison though.

Remake Link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/

Seamus McLimey
09-30-2009, 06:09 AM
;2393960']Hmm, well if you'd taken a couple more minutes to read one of the other threads on here, you'd see that the general opinion is that the film is awesome. It's an action film I suppose, I can't think how best to describe it so here's a copy-paste synopsis:
A Los Angeles gang is framed for killing the boss of the city's top gang during a time of peace, sending them on a dangerous cross-city mission to get back to their home turf alive

It's an awesome film, but then again if you're one of these people who love explosions and big-budget and nothing else will do, then just don't bother. If that's what you want, maybe wait for the remake (supposedly coming 2010). I'm sure that will suck balls in comparison though.

Remake Link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/

This synopsis is basically the old movie, with the exception being that it is originally based in New York, with the gang trying to get back to Coney Island. The original movie is amazing, with a great soundtrack and a really crazy atmosphere. It did pretty well at the box office, even though it's considered a cult film. I definitely suggest watching it, as I'm sure the game doesn't do it any justice. You can read more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_(film) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_%28film%29).

I also loved the rockstar version of the game, really did the film justice. I was disappointed that it wasn't make backward compatible, but at least I kept my old xbox haha.

Enjoy the movie.