PDA

View Full Version : fusions not counting, why is this?

Grim Visage
09-26-2009, 06:36 AM
I printed out the fusion checklist that someone had made and I was using that to check off the characters I had done the fusions with. My only problem is that I should have 91 fusions done and I'm only showing 72 done. I did like six characters and each one did 13 fusions which totals out to be 78 fusions done. When I checked it said that I had done 64 fusions, which is bs. I decide to do daredevil's fusions and after I do the 13 characters I check and it went up to 70. I was like WTF, so then I decided to use Ms. Marvel and I used human torch, luke cage, and wolverine. After each fusion I checked my stats, when I got to wolverine who was my last to do out of the group, I do the fusion, check the stats and noticed that it read 72. Do the math, 70 + 3 = 73. Why did the game not count ms. marvel's fusion with wolverine? I even switched ms. marvel for wolverine and it again with wolverine doing the fusion with ms. marvel and it still didn't register. I don't know what the games problem is but this is really annoying. By the way I did this all in the first sim disc and I always got the high count or whatever it's called for the fusion and I'm at stark tower. I'm after the part where you rescue ms. marvel and killed that crazy lady on the barge.

sedenteanimo
10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Using Wolverine+ Ms.Marvel is the same as using Ms. Marvel+Wolverine, so doing both still only will get you one fusion. And since there are 24 characters, that means there are 276 possible combinations. So, where you are in the game you have about 13 characters, which means you have 78 possiblities. The math really is [X(X-1)]/2= the number of possibilities. Where X= the number of characters you have. So, when you had 64 fusions you used at least 7 characters (and may have missed a fusion with one of them).

Sadowan
10-04-2009, 03:29 PM
I believe you also have to acctually damage an enemy for it to count.

ac2565
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
You probably already did the fusions as sedenteanimo said.

I believe you also have to acctually damage an enemy for it to count.

This is not true. I didn't damage any enemy for half of my fusions.

CYDude 808
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey, I had the same problem, but only with certain characters... Invisible Woman's fusions with Reed unlocked fine, but Torch's with Thing wouldn't. Same with Spider-Man, Iceman, Venom, Wolverine. After many frustrating hours in the Sim trying to knock out these deeds, I just went about trying in levels...and they worked for some reason. The only tip I can give you is to do them in missions or mission replays, not the sim. Also, no matter what the little score tally thing (0/1, 0/10, 0/15, 1/1, 10/10, 15/15) says, unless it gives you a health icon, it doesn't register the success. So if you do a successful fusion, but didn't get a health icon, it didn't count (well, at least in my experience). Hope this helps, what a disappointingly buggy game.

JDazzo
10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Well I got the do all the fusions while in the basic simulation mission and they all counted. You don't even need to finish the fusion, just hit block after it starts and it will count. Now in terms of the Deeds if you want high scoring fusions for TARGET ones go to the heavy metal sim and crush the large robots with the fusion. Like CYDude said when you get a high score you will get a health token. For the CLEARING and GUIDED just spawn enemies in the first sim and you will get it no problem.

First post on here hope it was helpful.

CYDude 808
10-05-2009, 10:27 PM
My high score w/ weren't counting in the simulator, it would register some (Iceman got 4, Venom got 3, Spidey and the Thing stuck on 0), then nothing, even though it showed success, and as I said, some worked just fine in the simulator, but I ran into the same problem the original poster had, and actually fighting the bosses in mission replay is the only way they would register for me to finally unlock the needed heroic deeds boosts.

Only Sim Champ left.

ac2565
10-05-2009, 10:47 PM
My high score w/ weren't counting in the simulator, it would register some (Iceman got 4, Venom got 3, Spidey and the Thing stuck on 0), then nothing, even though it showed success, and as I said, some worked just fine in the simulator, but I ran into the same problem the original poster had, and actually fighting the bosses in mission replay is the only way they would register for me to finally unlock the needed heroic deeds boosts.

Only Sim Champ left.
Spidey and Thing don't count because they're targeted fusions and you can't do targeted fusions in the Basic Training sim. The original poster doesn't need to do heroic deeds, he needs to do fusions for the Powers of Two (all fusions w/ all characters) achievement. What he is doing is fine for people going for Powers of Two. You're getting confused between the heroic deeds and the Powers of Two achievement.
Edit: As I said before, if you're going for Powers of Two you just have to activate the fusion. It doesn't matter if you hit 1 enemy, no enemies and stop it prematurely by rolling or blocking, or get the high score and the healing bonus.

CYDude 808
10-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Oops, my mistake...You guys are right, for the Power of Two, you just need to activate it in a sim, cancel before the animation even gets going, and you SHOULD get credit. My problem was with the Heroic Deeds, my fault.