PDA

View Full Version : best place to kill 20 robots with bombs that they throw at you

sean7764
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
this is pretty much the only thing i have left in the game and i cannot find a place to do this effectivly.

anyone have a good strategy to do these?

blkalleykat
09-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I did mine on the rooftop convoy mission in act 2 (the mission where you have to destroy the 6 anti aircraft guns for the anti registration side)nothing but robots and grenades there. Took me about 30 mins to get it using the simulator.

Shattuck
09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Load up Heavy Metal or Heavier Metal sim disc. Use Wolverines Y attack to weaken them to almost dead, then stand back and throw the grenade back. Or you can load up the mission, I can't remember the name but it is the first one with Grim Reaper in it, and there is a section full of robots. You can throw grenades at the smaller robots too, you can get it pretty quickly.

moonm
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
this was a pain - easiest way i found is Heavy Metal as everyone else recommends. my team was Deadpool, Thor, Invisible Woman and Jean Grey. they rarely engaged the 'bots unless i was up there too.

i activated one robot at a time; tank with deadpool until i have like 1/8 of a health bar on the 'bot then stand back and wait for the grenades to come. sometimes the AI would kill it - mostly i was able to kill it.

i got this down in the end such that i could do ~3-5 in one simulation.

another recommendation i'd make - use a different 'bot summoning console each time - the reason being if you stay at just one - the crap left from previous 'bots interfers with the grenades. i kept picking up dead 'bot parts and not the grenade!

good luck!

Gackt
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Load up Heavy Metal or Heavier Metal sim disc. Use Wolverines Y attack to weaken them to almost dead, then stand back and throw the grenade back.

That worked fantastically for me, so I would recommend that as well. Wolverine kills them pretty quickly with that attack...other heroes work just fine but it goes alot quicker with that method.