PDA

View Full Version : this is pretty pathetic but i need help

J Lo
02-07-2007, 12:07 PM
ok so i have these 2 accounts...jeffjr92492 as my main and coolkitty for who knows what...my mom got a bill of over $50 which is the price of 1 account and now i have to delete one of these accounts which will obviously be coolkitty...now for the hard part...im such an idiot that i dont no how to delete it...i am on the 360 right now under account management and theres nothing here about cancelling a membership...the only thing here is if u want to change ur payment options...help plz?

Wreckon Dracgon
02-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately at this point there is nothing you can do. Once you've purchased the Gold Membership there are no refunds. I've checked your other account and coolkitty is also a Gold account so you will be charged the $50 for that account as well. What you want to do in the future is set up silver accounts which offer far less features but are free.

Sorry man that sucks. You can sell the tag to a friend if you know someone who just got a system. Then they can just change the gamertag.

J Lo
02-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately at this point there is nothing you can do. Once you've purchased the Gold Membership there are no refunds. I've checked your other account and coolkitty is also a Gold account so you will be charged the $50 for that account as well. What you want to do in the future is set up silver accounts which offer far less features but are free.

Sorry man that sucks. You can sell the tag to a friend if you know someone who just got a system. Then they can just change the gamertag.

wait..u cant call 800-4my-xbox and delete it? and i didnt make it a gold it was a 2 month that never got deleted...i donno how but it became a gold membership...theres gotta be a way to delete this damn account...if not thats reallly gay

Wreckon Dracgon
02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
You can delete the account but if it's been paid for your not getting a refund.
You can delete it from your system by going to the System blade and selecting Memory then select the HD then select Gamer Profiles. Highlight the one you want to delete and hit A and you'll find the option to delete.

However it will only delete it from your system. It will still live on Microsoft's servers incase you want to Recover it in the future. You may be able to call Microsoft to kill the tag but I wouldn't expect a refund of the unused membership.

J Lo
02-07-2007, 12:45 PM
You can delete the account but if it's been paid for your not getting a refund.
You can delete it from your system by going to the System blade and selecting Memory then select the HD then select Gamer Profiles. Highlight the one you want to delete and hit A and you'll find the option to delete.

However it will only delete it from your system. It will still live on Microsoft's servers incase you want to Recover it in the future. You may be able to call Microsoft to kill the tag but I wouldn't expect a refund of the unused membership.

im partially not doing it for a refund...if its paid for already then oh well i just dont want to pay for it again plus i never use it so its pretty much a waste of money

Blind Fool
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Why not just keep the game and make sure the CC details are removed, next year you can make the profile a silver and keep it for friends, etc.

J Lo
02-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Why not just keep the game and make sure the CC details are removed, next year you can make the profile a silver and keep it for friends, etc.

eh...im balancing on weather to delete it permenantly or to just keep it as a silver...silvers are completely free for no matter how long right?

lostmotiv
02-08-2007, 06:21 AM
ya silver is perma free, and it doesn't "auto upgrade" to gold or anything. The only way a silver account can move up to gold is if you use a prepaid card code, use your credit card to purchase a yr or use a credit card for montly payments.

Spot2009
02-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah.. the only way you can stop it is if you changed in information on the credit card so they do not charge you.