PDA

View Full Version : Casting help!

DUTCH865
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM
OK so I've already played thru once & had to do a second playthru because I was sloppy hahah. I managed to get the achievement for 1 good cast while fishing, but haven't gotten any since.... I must have casted about a hundred times already & still nothing!! what does a "good cast" consist of? what am I missing? I can launch the sucker almost 45 yards every time right next to a buoy. what else is there to do?

CaptnInsano352
10-01-2009, 03:27 PM
This one also gave me a hard time. Around the buoy there should be a white circle of swirling water letting you know the fish are there. I believe you want your cast to land inside the circle in order for it to be considered a "good cast". You'll know you got it because the announcer voice will say so and a comment ("good cast", "nice cast", etc) will appear on the screen. I had the same problem with 45 yard casts every time so I just kept on moving the boat farther away until I got a good cast and then just repeated the cast over and over. Once you get the first good cast it's easy. Also, to speed up the process hit "X" to cut your line after the "good cast" message. You can get all 20 good casts in about 30 seconds that way. Hopefully this helps.

DUTCH865
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
yea these 2 achievements are actually a whole lot easier than I thought hahah... like you said, the easiest way is to line it up right & just hit X after each successful catch. the best strategy I found was to drop the buoy, move the boat back to ~23 yards & just pull the right trigger without using the left stick at all. this will toss the line 23 yards every time!