PDA

View Full Version : 10th Prestige CoD4?

aka NatWest
10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I have been told that Robert Bowling has said that people who reach 10th Prestige in CoD4 will recieve a bonus in MW2...Does anyone know what the bonus is, ie...has it been hinted at anywhere? Thanks

DS Army of one
10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I have been told that Robert Bowling has said that people who reach 10th Prestige in CoD4 will recieve a bonus in MW2...Does anyone know what the bonus is, ie...has it been hinted at anywhere? Thanks

i have no idea but thats cool as long as its not like a super awesome weapon that only tenth prestige people can get.

aka NatWest
10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
i have no idea but thats cool as long as its not like a super awesome weapon that only tenth prestige people can get.
I personally think...and I have no evidence to support this, that it will be like a tag to use - similar to supressor or commando...just a guess though :/ Just wanted to know if anyone had some proof but I guess not.

DS Army of one
10-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I personally think...and I have no evidence to support this, that it will be like a tag to use - similar to supressor or commando...just a guess though :/ Just wanted to know if anyone had some proof but I guess not.

ya thats probably what it is like a tag saying veteran of war or something like that but i guess we will just have to wait and see.

M85A21
10-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I heard it's a "Get out of your house Free card".
Not sure yet though.

DRCL
10-01-2009, 07:05 PM

I wouldn't doubt if it was something dumb like that..
And yes I think it's dumb because it's really not difficult to get to 10th prestige in 2 years...

So it's not going to be that special.

Anyways, I'll probably would use it at the start because I don't want to have the default ones :P
But let's hope for something better.

Also, any link to this? Where he actually says that there is a reward because I keep reading around the forums that he's said it, but haven't actually seen the proof? :\

monkeyhappy
10-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Also, any link to this? Where he actually says that there is a reward because I keep reading around the forums that he's said it, but haven't actually seen the proof? :

I've heard about it too but never really pondered what it might be.

It probably will just be a custom call sign thing and nothing that will make it easier for those who have gone the whole hog on CoD4. I'm hoping there are a ridiculous amount of these call sign things so that not everyone will have the same, I know about doing a certain thing getting you different ones but that doesn't necessarily mean favourites won't be developed.

I play hardcore anyway so I don't imagine I'll ever be seeing them..

DRCL
10-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I've heard about it too but never really pondered what it might be.

It probably will just be a custom call sign thing and nothing that will make it easier for those who have gone the whole hog on CoD4. I'm hoping there are a ridiculous amount of these call sign things so that not everyone will have the same, I know about doing a certain thing getting you different ones but that doesn't necessarily mean favourites won't be developed.

I play hardcore anyway so I don't imagine I'll ever be seeing them..

Yeah on one of the videos he showed all the "locked" boxes/squares
and I don't remember what number he said there were, but it seemed like a lot.

JASEL84
10-01-2009, 08:50 PM
looks like fake info if anyone ask me

antnie
10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I hope that it isn't something that will make the game unfair.

Pearson
10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Maybe you get to start out at 10th prestige in MW2 or perhaps you get a free perk. It can be a number of things, but I wonder if it is even true or not.

DRCL
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Maybe you get to start out at 10th prestige in MW2 or perhaps you get a free perk. It can be a number of things, but I wonder if it is even true or not.

I don't see why so many people think it'd be a good idea to start at 10th prestige.. That'd be the dumbest thing ever in my opinion..

Tatanko
10-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't see why so many people think it'd be a good idea to start at 10th prestige.. That'd be the dumbest thing ever in my opinion..
Exactly. Getting to 10th Prestige is the fun part. I don't play COD4 nearly as much since I got it (which is probably a good thing).

DS Army of one
10-01-2009, 10:29 PM

ya who wants to start out at the tenth prestige that would just be that much less entertainment that you get out of it if anything i hope there is more prestiges and i think someone at IW said that people who prestige get like an extra slot for custom classes like in cod 5 actually that was the only thing that was better about cod 5 so i hope its something like that cool but doesnt actually effect the gameplay or anything.

VladimirK
10-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Wasn't it some rumour where it's either 10th Prestige or 1000 points and you get something?

DRCL
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
ya who wants to start out at the tenth prestige that would just be that much less entertainment that you get out of it if anything i hope there is more prestiges and i think someone at IW said that people who prestige get like an extra slot for custom classes like in cod 5 actually that was the only thing that was better about cod 5 so i hope its something like that cool but doesnt actually effect the gameplay or anything.

Yeah those custom slots would of been awesome on CoD4..
Then I wouldn't have to switch them everytime I switch between HC S&D and TT/Sabotage

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
10-02-2009, 01:07 AM
aww man, i would want that, some kind of custom aesthic gear or something...some exclusive camo...itd be nice if they made COD WaW 10th prestige something too...since i am 10th prestige in COD WAW and not Cod4 cause i was split between two accounts (added together would be ninth)

some kind of sick camo or ghilly camo

EDIT: LOL the account i use in in 3rd...grind some out just in case...but 7 more prestiges in 40 days seems steep. ROFL even though I do wreck all those kids with gold crosses anyway

JD FTW
10-02-2009, 01:10 AM
I dont think they should do this tbh, as like 97% of the people still playing CoD4 is in the 10th prest... hell, ive been there for way over a year now :/

DRCL
10-02-2009, 01:26 AM
aww man, i would want that, some kind of custom aesthic gear or something...some exclusive camo...itd be nice if they made COD WaW 10th prestige something too...since i am 10th prestige in COD WAW and not Cod4 cause i was split between two accounts (added together would be ninth)

EDIT: LOL the account i use in in 3rd...grind some out just in case...but 7 more prestiges in 40 days seems steep. ROFL even though I do wreck all those kids with gold crosses anyway

Well WaW is Treyarch and MW is IW, so makes sense to get something from MW rather than WaW..

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
10-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Well WaW is Treyarch and MW is IW, so makes sense to get something from MW rather than WaW..

why not both it is a series after all

DRCL
10-02-2009, 01:53 AM
why not both it is a series after all

Well the fact that IW wanted to drop the CoD series might be a sign as to why ;]

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
10-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Well the fact that IW wanted to drop the CoD series might be a sign as to why ;]

so might the fact that they didnt

JFAUDEL
10-02-2009, 02:26 AM
It's probably just going to be a logo or title for that player bar thing.

JASEL84
10-02-2009, 07:44 AM

That would be nice to wear limited camo for 10th prestige great idea and why not we are vetereans on COD4 COD WAW:) I sign for this^^

aka NatWest
10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah I do agree that it would be a dumb idea to start at 10th Prestige. And there are still lots of people who haven't made it to 10th Prestige yet and by doing something like this it encourages people like me to give up gold guns and get there, or to pick up CoD4 and get there before MW2 come out...

Jjayb263
10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Hopefully just an icon or something.

DRCL
10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
so might the fact that they didnt

And the fact is it wasn't their decision to put it back on, so I don't see where you're going with this..

VladimirK
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
And the fact is it wasn't their decision to put it back on, so I don't see where you're going with this..

You're better leaving it.
It's just some guy desperate to be right that IW would work with Treyarch.

As for them dropping it and re-adding it.
They dropped it for some reason, I can't remember now.
But the reason it was re-added was so that more people would know that it was a sequel the CoD4:MW as they thought some people wouldn't realise that it was the sequel.

DRCL
10-02-2009, 11:10 AM

But the reason it was re-added was so that more people would know that it was a sequel the CoD4:MW as they thought some people wouldn't realise that it was the sequel.

Yep, I'll leave it lol, but here's how it goes apparently:

IW wanted to leave the CoD series and let Treyarch handle that whilst they continued their MW series..
But then Activision made them put CoD back on in fear that it wouldn't sell as much without it...
I could careless if it says CoD or not... It's made by IW and it's a sequel to CoD4, so the name shouldn't matter.

VladimirK
10-02-2009, 11:15 AM
I could careless if it says CoD or not... It's made by IW and it's a sequel to CoD4, so the name shouldn't matter.

Yeah, good point :)

Could make it follow on right from the bridge and call it "The Story Of The Fallen Soap" and people would still buy it. :p

monkeyhappy
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I dont think they should do this tbh, as like 97% of the people still playing CoD4 is in the 10th prest... hell, ive been there for way over a year now :/

I'd say a good amount of people still playing it are 10th prestige, not 97%.

Plus, you have to remember, it's not only people who still play CoD4 that will be playing this, most people who played it for a while but has moved onto other games for now will be coming back, a lot of people on this site with all the achievement hunters on here wouldn't be able to handle playing it over and over without hearing that little achievement sound pop up, luckily I can.

Barad
10-02-2009, 07:27 PM
10th prestige, thats a lot of time just for anyone who is going for this so called bonus lol..

NONIENUTCASE
10-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Wasn't it some rumour where it's either 10th Prestige or 1000 points and you get something?

well i hope so cos im 10 prestige and i have 1000/1000 so i hope i get something kool

A CATSHOVEL
10-03-2009, 02:47 AM
People that got to 10th Prestige in Call of Duty 4 can import the Skorpion? *crosses fingers*

TEN
10-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah more custom class slots would be fair and all I am going to play is MW2 when it comes out I haven't touched CoD4 for a year I quit as soon as I got to 10th Prestige Level 35 I think got bored of it

I GOT MILE HIGH CLUB
10-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Eff Yes Im Glad I went all the way to 10th its probably like a call sign or Emblem.

Nightmare792
10-10-2009, 10:28 PM
you get a jet pack. u get to fly around and destroy everyone else from above.

SilverSluggerMZ
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Let's not forget how stupid the gamer pic was that you received from getting to 10th Prestige in CoD: WaW.. I don't want a picture of the guy that I played with on single player.. I want a 10th Prestige symbol for a gamer pic..

Guitarr Steve
10-11-2009, 03:13 AM
When sequels use things from past games in a series, it really starts to suck.

DLStChad II
10-11-2009, 07:33 AM
I didnt make it to 10th prestige but by the sounds of it everyone else has, lol.
With that in mind if it is some "exclusive, congratulations go outside now" camo then wouldnt everyone who got to 10th be wearing it so then people who didnt like me would be the minority and there would be thousands upon thousands of recluses wearing the same camo. Just a thought.

Perax
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I heard it's a "Get out of your house Free card".
Not sure yet though.

I'm 10 prestige but i still lol'd

PrOzAcJr
10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
It Could be the gold weapon Skin as long as its not as gay as the M1A1 Carbine unlock like in W@W. but we wont know until it comes out!

Sniper Riflez
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
It's defo possible because they did something like this on RSV2, if you completed the campaign on realstic on RSV1 or got to the Elite rank when RSV2 came out you got an XP boost.

I really hope this 10th thing is true.

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Where exactly did you hear this rumor?

I really hope there is something special for the people who got 10th prestige though. Because in Call of Duty 4, you get no reward for getting the highest rank possible. I remember when people said that you get two attachments to any gun once you get 10th prestige. :p

KemicalSupreme
10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I dont know how they would coordinate such a reward.

Medz
10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
IGN posted in an article possible icons for the Call Sign Editor for 10th Prestige. But they weren't for sure either...

Here is the article: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1030704p1.html

SkiNNyTp
10-12-2009, 10:34 PM
If they made just a symbol or something next to your GT that would be pretty sweet. I doubt theyll do anything too special, if anything at all, cuz they're are just way too many 10th prestige out there... So many in fact that whatever it is you do get most everyone else will also have anyway.

StolenPaper18
10-12-2009, 10:54 PM
I heard they give you a bicycle.

Proof: http://techsmartly.net/lol/1c92168161

PrOzAcJr
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
It's defo possible because they did something like this on RSV2, if you completed the campaign on realstic on RSV1 or got to the Elite rank when RSV2 came out you got an XP boost.

I really hope this 10th thing is true.
That is a possibility there was also another game that did something similar BF 2 for PC. So i could be a xp boost to lvl 5 so create a class is unlocked.

SkiNNyTp
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Isnt the game going to be giving more experience for each player killed or objective taken anyway? I doubt it would be anything to give people an edge against the beginners. Everyone who has gotten to 10th prestige has already proved they dont really need a boost even though some 10th people do still suck.

RCGV
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I hope they include something for having been a 10th prestige. I managed to get my gold cross only a few months ago, so I hope all that effort won't go to waste.:(

Magicman10893
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I never saw the appeal of Prestige in CoD4 so I am still a Commander (5 Silver Stars) and if they have some awesome reward for getting 10th in CoD4 I will be pissed. Hopefully if they have a 10th Prestige bonus from CoD4 maybe they'll have some similar reward for getting the gold weapons.

DS Army of one
10-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah I do agree that it would be a dumb idea to start at 10th Prestige. And there are still lots of people who haven't made it to 10th Prestige yet and by doing something like this it encourages people like me to give up gold guns and get there, or to pick up CoD4 and get there before MW2 come out...

ya but personally i stopped trying to prestige cause im on either the 8th or the 9th prestige and i figured that if mw2 is coming out in a month there is no point in losing all of my camos and challenges so now i pretty much try to get headshots to get the gold weapons. but it is still fun to goof around since i dont need any xp to rank up.:woop:

Stewie Griffin2
10-15-2009, 05:31 PM

Put it back for brand recognition. The CoD name got you hear, no reason to drop it. That was just stupid in my opinion, and never should have happened to begin with. Just the name "Call of Duty" on the box will sell copies, everyone that's on XBL has friends playing CoD, because 4/5 gamers play them.

Dropping that would be like Kleenex dropping the name "Kleenex" off their boxes and just having "facial tissues".