I don't think I can take this anymore.

Indie Hero

I've had this game for almost two years now and I've only got seven achievements. Now granted I may have not put much of a fight into this game but all of last night and today I certainly have. I've got almost 40 hours tucked away in this game and I don't know any way of speeding it up.

I hate the AI in this game. I hate it so much. It seems to instantly counter EVERYTHING you do. Even on easy. And just when I think I have it's pattern memorized, I don't.

I hate the controls in this game. Most of the time when I try to attack someone the combo either doesn't finish or even begin and I just sit there doing the same stupid punch.

But dammit. It is my goal, my life effort if I must, to 1000/1000 this game. Then, if I'm feeling dangerous, I'll go pick up Dead or Alive Extreme 2 and start this multi-year journey AGAIN! This is a fun game to play. It's just SO FRUSTRATING.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to possibly speed this up a little bit? I know it will be months before I can get any further but still... Isn't there some sort of Xbox Live co-op or something I can exploit?

Well I am sorry to report that there are no Co-op exploitations to my knowledge anyways.

But I need to know what problems you are having. Is it winning matches? Getting Title Shots? Coming up with enough Money(RR) to buy Costumes? Point me in the right direction and I can assist you.

I have 3 Guides posted that help you defeat HARD opponents but if you have more personal questions just ask.

There's not much activity on this board, and this topic itself, so I could use it as a "diary" of sorts.

As of last night, I have put 50 hours into the game, I have 6.2% of everything unlocked, and I have unlocked every character. I only have about five girls left to do the belt with and then it's time for that long, horrific time spent grinding wins to get money for costumes. I've already tucked away about 40 queen's matches as Becky, so I'm going to keep doing them with her to get the 116 matches to unlock the swimsuits for everyone.

I gave up after getting 2 achievements....it took me about 2-3 hours to get them....both of them making my character the champion. I know there's this whole formula crap where you have to fight all the characters before your title shot.....blah blah. I'm actually thinking of doing this game "hardcore" next summer but I just finished SC4......I guess I'll either try to play this tomorrow or Banjo or even Mirror's Edge.......my uni starts on Monday so I won't be having much playing time tomorrow....unfortunately.:(

Here's a tip. Get a rapid fire controller (I use the Street Fighter 4 gamepads which you can buy Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, etc). Then select the character that you are working on gaining money with. Remap the buttons so that you can easily wrap a rubberband around the controller while having it activate the buttons for punching and special move. Then select street fight and let the rubberbanded controller fight CPU foes for a day or two. (not kidding on that day or two) Using this method you can unlock title shots for the girls as well as build up money letting the xbox run. That is the current way I am workign through the achievements on this game.

I take no credit for this idea. I saw it on another thread in this very forum about a year ago.

Not a terribly great method.

Besides taking a full day or two per character, I've never fought against a CPU opponent dumb enough to just eat rapidfire punches all day, even on Easy.

FeLizP had the right idea on this post. Takes a small degree of actual effort, but it gets you more money and at a faster rate.

Not a terribly great method.

Besides taking a full day or two per character, I've never fought against a CPU opponent dumb enough to just eat rapidfire punches all day, even on Easy.

FeLizP had the right idea on this post. Takes a small degree of actual effort, but it gets you more money and at a faster rate.

I've tried it and it works. You may not win every street fight but you win the majority of them. Gotta make sure you have both the punches and specials on rapid fire so that the controller will bust a special whenever it has the meter the filled. It takes about two days to get enough money to buy everything for the girl plus you still have to do the requirements to unlock the stuff to buy. But on the brightside you aren't sitting at the xbox for two days straight doing it.

Enh, I suppose if you don't mind leaving the XBox for extended periods of time, the rapidfire method could work, but I usually don't leave my console idle for that long.

I'd rather use the Shooter 1 method for 2-4 hours, get an achievement, and take a few days off the game. Not a bad rate of completion, and it keeps me from going nuts from the monotony.

Not to mention, I kinda like having an undefeated record, so "may not win every street fight" doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Enh, I suppose if you don't mind leaving the XBox for extended periods of time, the rapidfire method could work, but I usually don't leave my console idle for that long.

I'd rather use the Shooter 1 method for 2-4 hours, get an achievement, and take a few days off the game. Not a bad rate of completion, and it keeps me from going nuts from the monotony.

Not to mention, I kinda like having an undefeated record, so "may not win every street fight" doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Understandable but I see it like this. Whether I'm sitting there with the actually controller in my hand playing or playing something on my PC while the rapidfire trick is going in the background I'm still gonna have my Xbox on. Your Xbox isn't so much as sitting idle as the game is being played whether you are actively doing it or rubberbanding it. No matter what it's a grind. It just comes down to how you want to tackle said grind. As for the unbeatable record, I commend you on that but I see no point in having an unbeatable record in this game as there isn't any type of achievement for it or any type of recognition outside of telling people that you have an unbeatable record. Plus anyone can just reload a save to avoid losing a perfect streak (not implying that you have done that but the fact that it could be done just kinda lessons the appeal behind trying to have a perfect streak in my book.) Personally I just want to finish all the achievements on this game so I can send it back to gamefly.

It's not that I have a problem with the grinding, but that I use my 360 to play other stuff very frequently. If the controller's playing auto-fights, I can't use my system to play other games.

As for the unbeatable record, I commend you on that but I see no point in having an unbeatable record in this game as there isn't any type of achievement for it...

Achievements: No.

Gamerscore: No.

Self-satisfaction: Yes.

It's not that I have a problem with the grinding, but that I use my 360 to play other stuff very frequently. If the controller's playing auto-fights, I can't use my system to play other games.

Achievements: No.

Gamerscore: No.

Self-satisfaction: Yes.

I get what you are saying Zukin. I play more than just my 360 so I don't mind tying it up with the trick every now and then when I am doing something else. I figured you were going for self-satisfaction with the record. That's what it was all about before we ever had achievements and some people forget that. It's the same reason why I won't let my friends or family play games under my gamertag. I like knowing that when an achievement gets unlocked on my profile I did it not someone else. Happy gaming :)