PDA

View Full Version : Tengu Jerks!

Oinkness
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi

So I did all the Tengu side-quests and guess what, my achievement glitched. I knew that this was a glitchy one to begin with so I took fairly special care to make sure I did it right but it still didn't pop. So what can I do to get it to work? I tried re-doing one of them by replaying a level but it didn't pop after that either. And what's the deal with replaying, it resets the freed animals back to 0. Does this mean if I replay a level, I have to find all of the animals over again too?

Thanks

ErmacVersion1
10-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Replaying a chapter while playing the story glitches both of those achievements. The only way either will unlock now is if you replay the game from scratch now. You CAN'T reload chapters. Why it glitches these achievements and deletes your progress, I'm not sure. Just restart the game, rush through the levels and free animals and do Tengu quests and nothing else and you should get both achievements in no time.

Oinkness
10-02-2009, 11:49 PM
It took me like 2 weeks to just beat the game on hard, mostly because I explored thoroughly... It really sucks that I have to replay at all because of their glitched system... I should be done now, but no you are right, the animals AND the tengus are glitched and didn't pop just now when I beat on hard. -_-

DarkKokoro84
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad: ugh i can't believe i have to replay these MFing levels through a 3rd time i just got through starting a new set and this will be the 3rd time....u can not repeat these :uzi:levels.i just got to the last tengu mission and hoped it would unlock after this but now having read this im going to have to start my game over.....this game is working my final nerves now with its screwy glitchyness.some one should definaty make a sticky of this note ,thus making sure no one else goes through the same aggravation i've just had. also i confirmed on another post while back that when i got my animal cheevy, that u can replay missions and go back and forth to each mission as long as u keep up with them."completing" each mission ,mission for mission and not quiting them just after you collect them all.mine popped as soon as i hit the last one on living castle. so yea.to bad the tengu doesn't work this way...grr

David x360a
01-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Replaying a chapter while playing the story glitches both of those achievements. The only way either will unlock now is if you replay the game from scratch now. You CAN'T reload chapters. Why it glitches these achievements and deletes your progress, I'm not sure. Just restart the game, rush through the levels and free animals and do Tengu quests and nothing else and you should get both achievements in no time.

Really!?!? How about putting that in the fucking guide? If you know this, why are you then telling people to immediately replay the Great Canyon level for the 'Silent Assas.. Ninja' achievement? Jeez..

EDIT: Here are the exact words: "Once you beat the Great Canyon level, exit out to the main menu and replay the level."

NoodleII
01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
That is a good point - I did the exact same thing with the Silent achievement based on the guide here. When I finished the last Tengu quest and got no achievement I was very curious and came and found out about this glitch in this thread. It would be a good idea to get this stuff updated so others don't have the same problem when using the roadmap.

ADenton109
02-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Oh man if i have to start it all over again am gonna be pissed! am trying to replay them to get them but its not working so i replay of the hole game!

David x360a
03-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Well, both me and Trikke have submitted our guides, so once one of them has been approved and made official we should be OK. Hopefully no one else will have to suffer this again.

RobotHacker
03-01-2010, 10:26 PM
My Mrs is playing this and just got the Tengu achievements. She noticed she had to reach a checkpoint after completing each Tengu quest for it to stick.

If she handed in a Burdock Flower and completed the quest without reaching a checkpoint, when she went back in the same number of flowers were in her inventory.

Just an idea ....