PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Quests ?

junKeh
10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey, I`m having some problems with the quests here in the swamp. First of all, I can`t challenge anyone anymore to fight in the arena, I can't complete Power Struggle and I can't make the hunters go hunt. I'm already in chapter 2 but ... no one has anything to say to me anymore, except for trying to teach me stuff. I tried casting the Joke spell on them but they still have nothing to say. Any point in trying anymore ? Thx!

KippJuHH
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I have the exact same thing. I can't fight Brogan because I am unable to challenge one guy. Only way to 'finish' the quest is by killing Brogan, but this doesn't give you the achievement. On my first save I had the same kind of trouble with some other quest in harbour town and in the Monastary. I need to start all over for the third time to get my quests right.

The only advice I can give you is to do quests in the right order and on the right way. In other words, don't knock people out to get their items or other actions that might break the quests.

The game is very buggy. Or at least, my promo copy is..

Edit: Read elsewhere on this forum that you are able to fix some NPCs by using the Tell A Joke scroll on them. Tried it on a few and it did stop them from ignoring me.

junKeh
10-06-2009, 07:37 AM
After my first playthrough, I started a new game and went to the swamp. I challenged all of Brogar's fighters in the Arena, after that I went to Craig and said I was ready to fight him. I placed a bet of 50 gold on myself (it's a must if you want to fight him), then I beat him in the arena too. I went to Brogar and I told him that I beat all of his fighters and that I challenge him too, so he finally accepted. After that, I just completed all the quests he gave me. After you find Dorgan in the cave, go with the list to see him and he'll send you after the protection money. Collect it, go back to him, speak to the Don's wife and let her know of your progress while you're working for Brogar, then just threaten him to tell the Don of the little "protection bussiness" he runs and he will leave camp. Achievement unlocked! ^^

The thing about Risen's quests is that you must complete them in the same chapter they were triggered on. So...let's say...you advance to chapter 2, you can't ever finish the quests in the swamp.

duffster
10-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Hey, I`m having some problems with the quests here in the swamp. First of all, I can`t challenge anyone anymore to fight in the arena, I can't complete Power Struggle and I can't make the hunters go hunt. I'm already in chapter 2 but ... no one has anything to say to me anymore, except for trying to teach me stuff. I tried casting the Joke spell on them but they still have nothing to say. Any point in trying anymore ? Thx!

I'm another one with the exact same problem (s)
Chapter 2 now, so I have obviously messed something up. I also missed the Woman Beater one. I killed **** during another quest...arsebiscuits!