PDA

View Full Version : good ign review 8.1

Suki
10-06-2009, 06:21 AM
after reading the review i think i will pick this one up now, i am really suprised that there is just so little activity in this forum the game seems much better than 1st thought.

koolgirl
10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd say the review is spot on. I'm enjoying playing it, but I've been a fan of the Katamari games for some time.

The game is really short as they said in the review. More of a rental then a buy if possible. I just got the game tonight and already flew through 5 of the 8 levels. I replayed a few of the earlier levels just so I wouldn't beat my shiny new game in one night ;)

Most of the achievements are easy to get, I've already got 425 points from it. From looking at the list I will get most of the rest through normal gameplay.

The graphics are light and fun but lack the quirky japanese charm of the Katamari games.

All and all, a fun game to spend a few days with or boost your gamerscore. Rent if possible or wait a few months for it to end up in the $20 bin.

goothgone
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
^ its not that bad

Thorpe
10-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Hmm. 6.5 from GameSpot. Can't be that great.

Bauske
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The story is a little over the top, but the gameplay itself is pretty spot on. Most of the achievements are easy to get, but a couple of the later ones, like getting all the unlockables, will be tough, as they require you to get a perfect score. Not so hard in the first few levels, but the last couple? Those are really challenging.

Jaden Arbiter
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I was surprised to see that this game received an 8/10 from IGN. If it's good enough to get that kind of rating from a professional reviewer without their being a classic precedent set for the game you know there is something good to expect from it. But Way of the Samurai 3 comes first.

darkboy1200
10-12-2009, 12:58 AM
IGN can be a tough crowd to please. I was definitely interested in this game. Maybe I'll pick it up. Hopefully it does good sales if it's a good game as IGN says.

The Juice707
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I started playing yesterday. Its really the kind of game you just have to be in the mood for. Its silly fun that gets it right. Its not so hard that it frustrates, but there is enough there that if a player wants a challenge, they can get it. The game would probably be doing better if it was on the arcade, or possibly released as episodic content. I don't think this game deserves an 8.1 from IGN, but it certainly deserves more attention.

Marketman316
12-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmm. 6.5 from GameSpot. Can't be that great.

haha gamespot how clueless are they??

pricewise i picked it up off ebay for 9.99 ALREADY!!

westz
02-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm looking forward to renting this game, 1king it, and returning it. Accomplishing stuff makes me feel good. :)

The Remdizzle
04-13-2010, 01:07 AM
saw this for $15 at wal-mart... did not get it, however... watched the gameplay video, and i like blowing shit up, so i might pick it up. would blockbuster even carry this game for rentals? sometimes they have limited selection...

missiloon
07-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm looking forward to renting this game, 1king it, and returning it. Accomplishing stuff makes me feel good. :)

didn't you like the game in the end ? because you have only 10 points on this game. Im not sure if i'll get this one or not.

DLStChad II
08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Obviously Accomplishing 10 points was enough to make him feel good:)