PDA

View Full Version : My Quick Review (SAW)

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2009, 06:36 AM
SAW The Video Game Quick Review - By Painkiller Q8

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mFkeAliKL._AA280_.jpg

Hello everyone.. I am going to review this game and I hope you guys share what you like/dislike about it and all opinions are appreciate..

First of all.. this game made for puzzle/horror games fans because the game is full of fun with puzzle and creepy events which is fun to play for sure.

http://orlando.metromix.com/content_image/full/1395744/560/370

http://orlando.metromix.com/content_image/full/1395743/560/370

I though this game will suck actually .. but when I played it for the first time.. I stuck with it like more than 3 hours non-stop.. yeah I just loved it so much, if you like Silent hell/Alone int the dark/old resident evil games .. you will totally going to love this game.. I recommend it 100% "Must buy".

Let's get started:

1 - Graphics: The graphics is very good,the lighting and texture are fine and the blood/smoke/water effects are just awesome!!

2 - Sounds: Just amazing surround sounds and everything is great here .. yeah if you got a great sounds system you will enjoy this game so much coz they worked well on the sounds.

3 - Gameplay: The game play is good and you will love the game coz it has many puzzles and those puzzles are amazing .. just like the old school games .. yeah I guess we all missed those days when we try to solve them and get headache..ehehe.. I am playing it without guaid.. and its easy 1k tho :)

4 - Overall: the game is worth the try.. and worth the money.. I hope the bring a Demo so everyone can try it .. but since I am a fan of those horror/puzzle games .. i just got it without even think.. and thank god that game is AWESOME!

http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/171792_S/Saw-The-Video-Game.jpg

I rate it 8.5/10

KING COREY 23
10-06-2009, 07:11 AM
scary game....i got scared and went to the dashboard...i doubt i will get through this game...lol....its actually scarier then the movie

EDIT:

its not so bad once u get into it...not scary nemore...its actually kinda makes me laugh

dethklok
10-06-2009, 07:23 AM
I find this game very mild when it comes to scarceness. I am playin this game in a completely dark room and have yet to be scared

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I find this game very mild when it comes to scarceness. I am playin this game in a completely dark room and have yet to be scared

Same here ... Dark room + 68% Volume = FTW!!

Amazon XD
10-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Just a head's up, it's very hard to trust the reviewer when you use improper spelling and grammar. Many uses of "coz" instead of "because". Not intentionally trying to offend you, but it causes the reader to question the intelligence, and therefore opinion, of the reviewer when they make mistakes (especially with spelling things like "cuz, coz, wut, rite") that are commonly associated with un-intelligent people.

VladimirK
10-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Just a head's up, it's very hard to trust the reviewer when you use improper spelling and grammar. Many uses of "coz" instead of "because". Not intentionally trying to offend you, but it causes the reader to question the intelligence, and therefore opinion, of the reviewer when they make mistakes (especially with spelling things like "cuz, coz, wut, rite") that are commonly associated with un-intelligent people.

Man there's no need for that.
I can make him out perfectly fine.

Thanks for the review Painkiller :)
(Sucks we have to wait till November 20th for it to be released here).

IIIDEFAULTIII
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the review im prob going to pick this up and try to knock out the 1000g before brutal legend and uncharted 2.

TheToiletBrush
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM

I agree, would you ever trust a restaurant review from somebody who said "Da fooods is ggod cuz its taste good." ?

nawtbird
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM

It's what the internet has done, how many other words have been shortened when typed in IM'ing or on forum boards. Honestly I did not even see the "shortened" words until I went back and re-read it.

Thanks for the quick review.

Obiwan59595
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
As a reviewer myself, his basic structure is solid. I do agree that using proper grammar does help get ones point across. Just as a future reference, make sure talk about a games shortcomings as well. The game is by no means perfect, no game can claim that. From what I've played, the game is not graphically impressive what so ever. The atmosphere does make up for this and the game plays with out much of an issue with a few hiccups here and there. If your a sucker for survival horror like I am, you will enjoy this game.

StolenKyle/
10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree, would you ever trust a restaurant review from somebody who said "Da fooods is ggod cuz its taste good." ?

LOL So true.

NFaMuS one
10-06-2009, 05:37 PM

HA! I wud! Coz fooods iz 1337 sun! w00t! :p

Only kidding!

On a serious note, thanks for the review. Though it's not too terribly much to go on as far as if the game should/shouldn't be purchased, but luckily I planned to pick up this game from the moment I heard of it, lol. It's good to hear that it's a decent title. Granted, there are some mixed emotions from what I've read in the forums, but I'll go with my gut on this one. ;)

Purge
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Well food is 1337.

I think its a blessing we don't get it. It looks awkward.

dethklok
10-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Same here ... Dark room + 68% Volume = FTW!! dark room + 7.1 surround sound turned up and bass on all the way FTW

Veteran Forever
10-06-2009, 06:00 PM
anyone know if there going to be a demo of the game soon?

Joe Tobacco
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
give him a break ;p why would you expect good grammar if the speaker isn't even an english native speaker, besides that explains the 'quick' in the title perhaps?
awal marra i agree with a review you make khalid ^^'

ps. its awesome that you wait for release date to write/release a review to avoid lots of flaming.

sublime shooter
10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Painkiller is cool I trust his review and I just borrowed it out from work (i work at gamestop) but anyways thanks painkiller and I will be playing it tonight and hopefully there will be a guide up haha

Painkiller Q8
10-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Thats how you treat people?? my god!

Hey you.. First of all the English is not my language !! but at least I speak your language but you don't speak mine!

Second of all .. who force you to look at my Review and post out of the subject like that?

Amazon fanboy!!!

-_-|||

okay.. damn, I don't know who force you guys to post here .. I just got the game and I would like to share my thoughts about it .. thats all.. you can trust the review or just get the fuck OFF !!! :mad:

should I mention that in my signature " MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD " ??

look at the HATE @@

Amazon XD
10-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Thats how you treat people?? my god!

Hey you.. First of all the English is not my language !! but at least I speak your language but you don't speak mine!

Second of all .. who force you to look at my Review and post out of the subject like that?

Amazon fanboy!!!

Haha, as I said originally, it was not my intention at all to offend you. I apologize, as I was not aware that English was not your primary language. I was just trying to let you know. But since English is not your first language, I apologize.

And what exactly do you mean by "Amazon Fanboy"? Haha, I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to implicate.

On a different note, Sublime Shooter, I envy you. Not because you work at Gamestop, but because you got to check it out. I work at GS too, and we only got 2 copies in our shipment. I go in today, and my ASM was fine with me taking it out, even though we only had the two copies, but apparently they sold one just before I came in. Fuck. :D Well, I'll be playing this little cartoony Star Wars game for the next three days, or at least until I can check out SAW.

Painkiller Q8
10-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Haha, as I said originally, it was not my intention at all to offend you. I apologize, as I was not aware that English was not your primary language. I was just trying to let you know. But since English is not your first language, I apologize.

And what exactly do you mean by "Amazon Fanboy"? Haha, I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to implicate.

On a different note, Sublime Shooter, I envy you. Not because you work at Gamestop, but because you got to check it out. I work at GS too, and we only got 2 copies in our shipment. I go in today, and my ASM was fine with me taking it out, even though we only had the two copies, but apparently they sold one just before I came in. Fuck. :D Well, I'll be playing this little cartoony Star Wars game for the next three days, or at least until I can check out SAW.

Your apologize has been accepted ... but you really shocked me with your post and I wish you taste the feeling when you try to improve your second language and the people start attacking you and let you feel like you are an idiot.. yeah its like pushing me away from the language ! :(

about the Amazon fanboy.. that was just random 1 :)

btw.. I changed something in my signature.. just bcoz of you -_-

Joe Tobacco
10-07-2009, 07:12 AM
it would take 2 hours to correct all the language mistakes in the past couple of entrees in this post ^^''

KageTenshi55
10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh the Puzzles make me real happy, I haven't been puzzled in any game in the last five or six years that wasn't a Zelda Game...This is a really good game....rent because it's an 8 hour game but hopefully they do more when they make a Saw The Video Game 2

D347H0FL0V3
10-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Painkiller is right, this game is a definite must buy...especially for fans of Saw. And why is it forum topics are about one thing then the replies wind up becoming completely off topic? I came for the review and not the argument about some grammar/spelling errors.

Painkiller Q8
10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Painkiller is right, this game is a definite must buy...especially for fans of Saw. And why is it forum topics are about one thing then the replies wind up becoming completely off topic? I came for the review and not the argument about some grammar/spelling errors.

Thanks man ...
and many people are so dumb and always comes with those off topic posts!

FucUEse
10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I honestly thought this game would bomb... cause Konami was doing it... never cared for their Silent Hill series... more of a Resident Evil fan. But I am a huge Saw fan... and I've been waiting for this game even though I thought it would probably suck... but to my amazement... I honestly love this game. Graphics aren't that great... and the mood and lighting are almost similar to the films... they just need more dirty green... but so far storyline wise it fits in Saw cannon I guess... Saw VI so soon... not really hard, puzzles aren't too hard to figure out if your a Saw fan you know where to look... nice review... and who cares if they bash you for spelling... the game has errors in grammar too...

Gorilla
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM
i don't see what the big deal is about his spelling.. it's not like he's a professional reviewer getting paid to write his opinion. he's just a gamer like everyone else here and wanted to share his thoughts in his own personal way with everyone. how he chose to do it isn't that big a deal.. what matters is, the point that he recommends the game got across. so, let's chill and let people be themselves.

that said, i'm highly interested in this game.

evildeathsyth
10-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I enjoyed it. If a game keeps me occupied for over 5-6 hours straight then it must have been pretty engrossing. The only thing I didnt like was the combat. Numerous times i would hit x or a to swing and nothing would happen and i would get clonked on the head. Small complaint since you don't really fight more than 20-30 guys in the whole game anyway but still was a pain when i was so close to the end of a chapter.

samjustsam
10-08-2009, 01:10 AM
thanx for the review. was coming on here to get opinions about the game. if its like silent hill (which i think it will be) then im gonna check it out. wont buy the game at full price though. will wait till it drops in price unless i get ahold of a demo for it and really enjoy the demo. not a big fan of the movies though (thought the 1st one was good) but i always thought that the premise of saw would make a great survival-horror game cuse of the dark atmosphere and puzzles.
i too noticed your gramatical errors but then i saw that you are from kuwait. its all good. in fact thats a good job on a review for someone who's primary language isnt english.
so thanx again for the review.

dorkzilla123
10-08-2009, 02:22 AM
I think the review is just fine. Don't let anybody bash it. And I doubt there will be a demo for it, cause of the kids. But I could be wrong.

My personal opinions on the game is that it has some puzzles ala Secret Service, weapons and style of combat like Condemned and just amazing sounds and effects from the movie. If you are skeptic about movie to game transformations and have loved the movies, I do reccommend you picking this up.

And for you achievement buffs, it doesn't seem like a difficult 1000. Played one chapter and I'm over 200+..'

My only issue with the game is that it should have a trail to your next objective, like Fable II has. I got stuck quite a few times wondering what to do next.

Cheers!

Painkiller Q8
10-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Thanks everyone :)
I finished the game with 980GS .. I just missed an easy achievement .. ;/

I really recommend the game now .. super fun and easy 1000gs :D

dorkzilla123
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Okay the part with the baby cribs and mannequins where you gotta find the code for the door freaked me the hell out. This game gets better the more I play it

Xylon Uxkid
10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the mini review. I really want to play the game but I don't wanna buy for now, because so many great games are coming and also just got a few days ago Demon's Souls. But I'll check it out for sure.