PDA

View Full Version : Xbox bundle/250 gb HD

BeatMastaBran
10-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Hey guys, for those of you getting the bundle, are you planning on keeping the 250 gb hd or you going to sell it? I am just wondering what you guys think the hard drive would sell for. Thanks in advance

AToMiiK
10-07-2009, 07:38 AM
well seeing as if you buy a 120GB hdd on its own its between something like 85- 95 GBP brand new now seeing as you need the MW2 console to get it i reckon you could easily sell it for at least double that on ebay or something around that sort of price area =]
I personally will be keeping mine as i need the space i got 20GB atm and its gettin pretty full

Stewie Griffin2
10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I doubt there will be a ton of them for sale, seeing as the console itself is less attractive, at least in my opinion, than an Elite. But this will probably be where people that have considered buying an Elite may pull the trigger since you get a copy of the game, an extra controller and an extra 130 gigs for another $100, whereas all of that separately will run over $260 after tax/shipping.

I honestly think the HDD is the selling point for this console, but people that do sell it will most definitely price it around $250 or more, and by that time you may as well sink the extra $150 on the whole package and just sell whichever console you don't want, plus your old HDD and the spare controller(s) you won't need and in the end you'll be coming out ahead.

BeatMastaBran
10-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I doubt there will be a ton of them for sale, seeing as the console itself is less attractive, at least in my opinion, than an Elite. But this will probably be where people that have considered buying an Elite may pull the trigger since you get a copy of the game, an extra controller and an extra 130 gigs for another $100, whereas all of that separately will run over $260 after tax/shipping.

I honestly think the HDD is the selling point for this console, but people that do sell it will most definitely price it around $250 or more, and by that time you may as well sink the extra $150 on the whole package and just sell whichever console you don't want, plus your old HDD and the spare controller(s) you won't need and in the end you'll be coming out ahead.

Thats the same way i was thinking. Just trying to get a few more opinions before i pull the trigger :P

Stewie Griffin2
10-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Thats the same way i was thinking. Just trying to get a few more opinions before i pull the trigger :P

Understandable. Just might not want to wait too much longer to preorder that, apparently it's a really limited edition so they may not have too many units left, of course they'll tell you that but won't ever tell you how many are actually left. Good luck with your choice.

Tatanko
10-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Realistically? $150. There's only going to be a small, retarded amount of people that want this amount of storage that are determined to keep their old consoles and AREN'T getting either this bundle or the Forza bundle. You might get lucky and get some idiot that will pay $200 for it or something, but that's treading dangerous pricing territory even when the target audience is people too dumb to take advantage of a deal.

Personally, I'm not selling mine. It's a significant part of why I'm getting this bundle vs. the original Elite + Hardened Edition I had planned on doing. Also, seeing as my current 360 has a 20 gig and I need to upgrade, I would have to then waste money buying a 60 gig to go in place of the 250 I removed, and that's more work and time wasted, in my opinion.

xtye
10-07-2009, 11:22 PM
If I for some reason decided to waste my money on it, I'd sell it as 250GB is excessive.

But, I'd rather spend $400 on something else.