PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Media Sharing with WMP11. Help!!!!

Xterm1n8or
02-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Up until a couple of weeks ago i used windows media connect to stream files to my 360, and it worked fine. I decided to upgrade my wmp10 to wmp11, and found that it had windows media connect combined into it. I followed the instructions on xbox.com/pcsetup to try and share media to my 360 but in the 'media sharing' window in mp11, the xbox 360 doesn't show up as a device! When i go onto the music section on my 360 and try to select a computer it says something along the lines of 'cannot find computer with media sharing softare'. The ethernet cable is working fine as i have tried it with a friends 360, so why is my 360 not recognised as a device on the media sharing window in mp11, and why can't i establish a connection with my computer from my 360 anymore? I have also tried the Zune program and wmc but neither are able to detect my 360! I am sure lots of people have the same problem but i have been unable to find the solution anywhere! I hate not being able to listen to my music when playing games and i am at my wit's end with this stupid wmp11 so any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks. Btw sorry to be so irate i'm not normally like this its just that ive been messing about with this problem for a fair few weeks now and it gets frustrating!

YerpY
02-10-2007, 03:29 AM
i know how you feel computers in general can make completely no sense even when you know all there is to know about them but goto options/library/configure sharing and make sure that the xbox is not denied access... you may have don't this but i am just checking and make sure share my media is checked off then click settings and make sure music is checked then go back to options/library/monitor folders and make sure the folder that your music is in is on the list if not add it

Xterm1n8or
02-10-2007, 01:06 PM
yeah ive tried and checked all that and it seems fine. Everything seems fine yet it is not working!

YerpY
02-10-2007, 06:10 PM
gotta love microsoft lol... ill check into this further for ya when i get some time