PDA

View Full Version : The Collector bugged?

TheSoftSkeleton
10-08-2009, 10:24 AM
The consensus here seems to be you only need to beat the game with all bonus objectives on Ace to unlock The Collector achievement. I've done all that, but I'm still missing the achievement. I've gone back to the campaign screen and pressed X on each mission for stats and have confirmed that I'm not missing anything. I've rebooted the game and even finished the last mission again to see if I could get the achievement to pop. Nothing.

Are there any upgrades unlocked in multiplayer?
Do I need to go back and play it again on pilot difficulty since I only made one playthrough on ace?
...Or is it just bugged?
Any ideas? :(

edit: Looks like the ones that unlock on lower difficulties do NOT unlock on ace. Pretty stupid. Time for another play-through. :(

roynroy
10-08-2009, 10:49 AM
hello m8....i think you have to do the levels on pilot diff as well..i know planes unlocked when i did it on pilot first time round and also when i was doing it on ace,ive done all pilot bonus mission and all ace ones bar one(as you know) and it hasnt unlocked...btw i dont think multiplayer unlock any of them.

TheSoftSkeleton
10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Something's buggy. I've unlocked most of the pilot level variants from my playthrough on ace, but I was missing at least one (The NA-124 Mustang from Battle of the Bulge on pilot.) I don't see any others I'm missing but still no achievement. I'm going back through the list now.

edit: Oh jesus christ. I'm missing the Ace unlock for Battle of the Bulge too. It seems that for whatever reason I didn't unlock anything for finishing it on ace the first time. Replayed it on ace and got the unlocks and the achievement this time around. What an annoying bug. I do recall joining a party during that mission the first time I cleared it, I wonder if that had anything to do with not getting the unlocks.

AirborneRichard
10-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I hope u did get the collector achievement by now. I just got it after i finished the eye of the storm bonus objective. I did however played first in Pilot and also finished all the bonus objectives. Then i played the whole campaign again on ace and also clearing the bonus objectives. I short the planes unlock in this order: Rookie: All mission done! (no need to finish bonus objectives) Pilot: All Missions done Including bonus objectives! Ace: All missions done including all bonus objectives! In this way the collector achievement should show up as soon i finished the last mission on ace! Hope that helps others aswell.