PDA

View Full Version : Manbearpig

Apple
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Basic Strategy

It's not as hard as it looks, trust me. You're going to want to do this one in a local game, for a very good reason. Local games allow you to try again if you fail any stage of the level; there are three stages in Mountain Pass. If you fail in a multiplayer game you have to start from the first stage.

Whether you're doing it by yourself, or with three friends you know, you're going to want to pick your characters very carefully. I went with Cartman, Craig, Pip, and Jimmy (thanks for the tip NeoRizer (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2421237&postcount=17)).

Whenever you get a special with any of the characters, make sure you wait until there are a ton of enemies on screen before you deploy, that way you can make the most of it. Always place the computer players in spots where they are always throwing snowballs, to gain their special while you're not controlling them.

Maze Build

http://i36.tinypic.com/29bbpxc.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z90274.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/t9wmcj.jpg

MANBEARPIG
Once you're at Wave 8/8 on Stage 3, MANBEARPIG!

He walks super slow and has a lot of health, but he is so so easy. In the middle where it loops under the rocks is where you are going to trick the MANBEARPIG.

When he reaches the middle, you're going to want to open up the left side of the map. After, you're going to want to close off the right side exit of the rock loop, so he starts walking the other way (make sure you ALWAYS HAVE AN EXIT FOR THE MANBEARPIG before you close a section off). Once he gets to the left side, do the same thing, block the left side and open the right side. He will be trapped in here until you kill him.

UCB Disco
10-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Do you mind if I add this to the Guide? I'll credit you, and for the record, this is a good visualization.

Apple
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't mind.

-chrisluvshacks-
10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
It works, got it my first try - I now got all 200 pts:woop:

-Please stop sending messages for help with this achievement, it is easier when done solo after you beat story mode

T0b3
10-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I can build walls as I want but all the enemies keep walking directly through it. -.-

I think I'm gonna re-download the game since I assume that this is a bug/glitch..

Edit: Yes, the enemies destroy my walls instead of following the maze. How can I prevent them from doing so?

-chrisluvshacks-
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
if the enemies cant go through the maze to the exit, they will tear down walls no matter where they are

Analgia
10-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Is it any more efficient to have them going side to side in the first map than vertical?

UCB Disco
10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Is it any more efficient to have them going side to side in the first map than vertical?

I tried this an hour or so ago, and it worked beautifully. I think this route helps to keep the kids continually throwing snowballs at enemies around them, as opposed to walking away from them. These are all definitely perfect means of doing it, especially by yourself.

stophj
10-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Great Job Apple couldn't have done it with out you

IEvil IMonkey
10-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Def gonna give this a go =) and i'm quite suprised how much i've enjoyed this game as I didn't think it'd b my thing

DragzZ
10-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Nice guide, i'm going to use this whenever I try for that achievement.

Denny Crane
10-09-2009, 04:48 AM
it seems like building that maze would take me a hell of long time, especially by myself. and i also suck when i have to controll all four of them...

T0b3
10-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Okay, the maze bug is gone. But now I don't get 100 "health" when I've beaten the first stage. I now am on the second of three stages and kept the 29 points from the first map. Another bug? I can't beat such a thing without letting e few enemies run through.. it's not possible

Can I skip the first two waves and beat the third and still get the achievement?

Edit: Okay, I've made it. Interestingly, the final wave is the easiest of all 3. 200/200. :)

Savior82
10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Awesome image guide. Got the achievement, missed platinum medal by 450 points though. >_<

THE ALM0ST
10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
can i skip the first two waves and beat the third and still get the achievement?:)
can we do this?????

Lord Gothic
10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Basic Strategy

It's not as hard as it looks, trust me. You're going to want to do this one in a local game, for a very good reason. Local games allow you to try again if you fail any stage of the level; there are three stages in Mountain Pass. If you fail in a multiplayer game you have to start from the first stage.

Whether you're doing it by yourself, or with three friends you know, you're going to want to pick your characters very carefully. I went with Cartman, Craig, Pip, and Jimmy (thanks for the tip NeoRizer (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2421237&postcount=17)).

Whenever you get a special with any of the characters, make sure you wait until there are a ton of enemies on screen before you deploy, that way you can make the most of it. Always place the computer players in spots where they are always throwing snowballs, to gain their special while you're not controlling them.

Maze Build

http://i36.tinypic.com/29bbpxc.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z90274.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/t9wmcj.jpg

MANBEARPIG

Once you're at Wave 8/8 on Stage 3, MANBEARPIG!

He walks super slow and has a lot of health, but he is so so easy. In the middle where it loops under the rocks is where you are going to trick the MANBEARPIG.

When he reaches the middle, you're going to want to open up the left side of the map. After, you're going to want to close off the right side exit of the rock loop, so he starts walking the other way (make sure you ALWAYS HAVE AN EXIT FOR THE MANBEARPIG before you close a section off). Once he gets to the left side, do the same thing, block the left side and open the right side. He will be trapped in here until you kill him.

Can you please try to post a video of this ? Its to much walls to build for me to do this on my own in that short time :(

PeRFeCK
10-10-2009, 05:29 AM
awesome strategy, thanks very much~!

BTW - if you ACCIDENTALLY place a tower on the 2nd or 3rd place, if you die and make sure not to place any towers on the rounds where you advance, the achievement will still pop.

for some reason i accidentally placed like 3 towers 3 diff times and i got tired of restarting the whole thing...so on the last try i died and just finished it off, luckily i still got it.

davhth4
10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
If your having problems buidling walls fast use kyle he is the faster character (that ive noticed) so can move about quicker and just start from beginning and work towards end and if run out of time try and build as much as possible and strategicaly place the rest of characters so they can attack while you still build walls and make sure all your characters are standing on walls so they do not get attacked.

gmadrueno07
10-11-2009, 01:38 AM
hit me up wanting to do this achievement and the platinum one

T0k1D0k1

baddawg12
10-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Can someone post a video of how this should work?

NeoRizer
10-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Honestly Apples pretty much spelled it out for everyone here. I didn't use this guide because I already had the achievement with my own method but this is a perfect maze for all 3 sections.

I actually did it with a shorter, more sloppy maze because I was doing it solo and was pressed for time. All you really need to do is pick the following characters and use them accordingly:

Cartman = Most well balance character in the game and actually has the 2nd highest average of stats. He mostly has 4 or 4 1/2 star ratings.

His Carpet Fire Bomb special should be used in conjunction with Craigs Slow Time Spell and should only be used on Crab People as they're the only enemies weak enough to be destroyed in a single bombing.

Craig = 5 star power, range and throwing speed and the ability to slow time for 20 seconds. How can you go wrong? The only downside is that he's the slowest character in this assembled team but that really doesn't matter because you won't be moving him far, if at all.

His special ability, along with Cartman's, is a devastating one when combined together. Use his Slow Time spell if shit starts to hit the fan and you need more time to build up Jimmy or Pip's special attacks.

Pip = I'm not surprised they chose Pip for one of the best characters in the game to play as...as most people hate him. I actually like him because he was Cartman's first punching bag. Either way, 5 Star ratings across the board, again speed is the issue but luckily he isn't as slow as Craig.

His special attack makes him invincible and gives him 5 Star running speed. Win and Win. Save him for the more heavily defended characters like Old People, Demons and basically anything that ISN'T the Crab People as that's Cartman and Craigs department.

Jimmy = Well there you have it, the cripple kid is the best character in the game. He's got 5 star speed, range and throwing speed, he just play's second fiddle to Pip with his amazing Power. You could argue that Pip is better than Jimmy but speed is a must have for collecting coins (in the regular game) and a slight damage decrease isn't that big of a deal. I main him while doing the campaign and this achievement just for his ability to get around...which is odd because he has crutches...either way, I guess four legs are better than two.

His Special ability rivals Pip's as they are essential the same thing with a different animation. Jimmy is always at 5 star speed so this may increase the actual speed to beyond that, not really sure, never noticed as everything on the screen is dead well before it runs out. Pip and Jimmy are the back bone of the strategy and need to be included.

Basically you should only be using Jimmy or Pip when the entire path is flooded with enemies and you're facing something you know you can't kill before it reaches the exit. Craig is there to slow down the crab people (thus putting more of them on the map, along with whatever else) and then blasting them with Cartman.

The only reason Cartman and Craig are included in this batch is that they are better than any other character in the game for damage output on their snow balls. Some would argue that putting 4 characters with abilities like Pip and Jimmy is the way to go but you will suffer severely in the damage output department. In the end it's what you're going to need to keep those special attacks alive and damage ManBearPig as much as possible in a short period of time.

You don't even need to block one end off and open another to kill ManBearPig. If you made it that far you can kill him before he reaches the first snow ball path with this team while they just chuck snow balls (Craigs ability is awesome here).

Final note: The map Apples provided is amazing and I actually used a shorter one so that says a lot about these guys and their damage. Even if you had a video, you wouldn't be able to re-create what they do unless you move your characters in to the proper positions. Just build the maze and make sure your characters are always attack enemies....multi-tasking is your friend.

Also building a tower is fine (if you make a mistake that is) as long as it doesn't actually fire off a round at any of the enemies the achievement will still pop. This will most likely occur as you panic to get walls up, no worries just sell it immediately and resume building.

Cheers.

Hot Juicy Pie
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
fucking first wave keeps destroying my maze even though there is a clear path

Edit. Fixed... demons reqire a wider patch to squeeze their fat asses through, got it on first try after that was resolved, ez pz

davhth4
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
1 thing that fucking pisses me off is when a n00b tries to block the WHOLE place off and leave no path then the hord brake through and end up running me down and then they all leave me sat there and dont bother rebuilding the wall and then i have to start again. So annoying.

davhth4
10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
that me done manbearpig 6 times and ive never gotten the achivement!!!!!!!!!!

it pissing me off. would it be that someone always builds a tower but deletes it before doing damage???

Dark Purple MX
10-13-2009, 12:38 AM
I can build walls as I want but all the enemies keep walking directly through it. -.-

I think I'm gonna re-download the game since I assume that this is a bug/glitch..

Edit: Yes, the enemies destroy my walls instead of following the maze. How can I prevent them from doing so? Ok that's exactly what happens to me, ive tried like 3 different days and nothing, they keep passing through, and im 100% sure that the maze is perfect so wtf -_-

davhth4
10-13-2009, 12:59 AM
make sure there room at top or the screen for them to move up to the top

Dark Purple MX
10-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Now seriously, this is starting to pissing me off, im tired of poeple building a tower on the last part:uzi::uzi::mad:
EDIT: Finally, solo-ed MANBEARPIG

Blue Radium
10-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks for these maps, after a practice run on casual I was able to easily use those exact wall placements to finish this achievement off in one go on local single player.

davhth4
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
past 24 hours ive done man bear pig 6 times and people always "acidentaly" build towers. so i never! get the achievement!. I might just try it alone from now but at least im helping people get a platinum each time i do it anyway.

tally2425
10-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Awesome guide, This game is realy good for an arcade game :).

Thanks for sharing with us, Hopefully they will expand this game!

Virtual Crisis
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Great guide and pictures. I got it a few days ago.
Annoyingly i accidently put up a tower but didnt kill myself :(
Did the whole level 4 nothing first time
Had to do it twice only took bout 1hour but was worth it :)

davhth4
10-17-2009, 04:24 PM
YAS!!!!!!!!!!! YAS!!!!!

I did it XD thanks to 3 other people who i didnt take note whoe they were but i will thank them :D :D Finnaly found some people who did not build towers. I was like YES!!! when it popped up saying MANBEARPIG at bottom of screen. :D :D

This is the first game i have completed 100% :D

p.s. how often does mygamercard.net update :confused:?

Dawkie
10-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I did the strategy i accidentaly build 1 tower at the end of the maze dismantle it the tower didn't shot i did about an hour to complete the whole level when i finally killed man bear pig only looking for treasure unlocked ???can someone explain ???

Apple
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I did the strategy i accidentaly build 1 tower at the end of the maze dismantle it the tower didn't shot i did about an hour to complete the whole level when i finally killed man bear pig only looking for treasure unlocked ???can someone explain ???

The achievement says "No Towers," and you built a tower. The description doesn't say "Don't shoot a tower," so that's why you're achievement didn't unlock.

Dawkie
10-18-2009, 04:19 PM
but people here claim it doesn't matter aslong it doesn't hit a thing

Tanabeo
10-19-2009, 01:46 AM
thanks for the pictures and guide this worked great for me i have all 200 now

Denny Crane
10-20-2009, 01:02 AM
F***ing finally!

CONAN1
10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
this achievement is glitched ,, I don't know why ?! I did it with 3 other people, the weird thing is those three people got the achievement but i don't :(:(:( is there any prob with my account ?! ,, btw i didn't beat the game .. plz help me ..

Nebenator
10-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm going for the achievement tonight, add me.

PiLL E PoPnzZ925
10-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the guide. Im gonna try this out. Looks easy enough..

Nebenator
10-21-2009, 01:45 AM
I just got it :)

Terry Hunt
10-23-2009, 08:43 AM
just did this on my own on my first try it is very easy i wouldent bother even having other people help with it. this guide makes it so simple if you follow it you cant really go wrong. unlesss you accedently put a tower down that is.

thanks for this wikid guide mate!

davhth4
10-24-2009, 07:21 PM
hello yes i need help i am by my self and at the man bearpig part i build a tower i am a very good player if you have 3 people add me gt is chickinmcnublet

Dont build towers.

Mudmoney
10-26-2009, 02:55 AM
can i skip the first two stages and then just do the third, if i do will the achievement still unlock?

Tired and it didn't work, i was sure i used no towers aswell so no luck there :(

davhth4
10-26-2009, 03:17 AM
No I dont think id does. If you could then I think everyone would do it that way.

MrTwich
10-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Great Guide. but on the park with the manbearbig fight you could make the big square into a maze thats what i did. but it didn'tmake a big difference 10/10

CRDMUDRUNNER
10-30-2009, 05:04 PM
have banged this out a few times now even flawless. If anyone is looking for a hand im willing to help in exchange for good review or help on other games. Thanks

Greggyson
11-02-2009, 07:01 AM
I Could Use Some Help. On The Man Bear Pig Acheivment and A Platinum medal if anyones down to help!

djkp69
11-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the shots they really helped, and we did it first time (two people helped so much)

Subion
11-06-2009, 05:29 AM
These maps helped alot. Even though I didn't use my snow the same as they were in the pics, they saved me. Thanks

bad05
11-07-2009, 09:08 AM
easy way to get this achievement is use Kyle's special, his special kills manbearpig without the need for "tricking" him, just have all 4 characters next to manbearpig and use kyles special,
The 4 Char's I used were Kyle, Butters, Tweek, and Jimmy. Just make sure that you have butters', tweek's, or Jimmy's special at all times so you don't get fucked
Also another tip, Press LB to bring out the next wave early, that way when you use a special you'll kill more enemies

Virtual87
11-09-2009, 01:25 AM
I really hate this achievement, I haven't been this frustrated in a while about an achiev. LOL. Its all about how fast you build when you start, then you just have to use your specials right but I can't get the build part right and because of that I am always behind.

davhth4
11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
You should find someone who can do it. There are many out there. When I played the rest of the team always just left me to build the path because most the time most people online dont have a clue about how to build it. Just look in the achievement trading or whatever its called and ask if anyone can help you get it. The only annoying thing is if someone would accidentaly build a tower. That what kept stopping me do it.

AOF KING JIGGLY
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Great screen shots, thanks a lot!

ThingontheFloor
12-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Awesoooooome, this was the last achievement my girlfriend and I needed for 200/200 so we decided this Sunday was going to be the day we conquered this thing. Fairly simple wall building by following the pics, as long as we weren't accidentally dying right before we went to use a special or something, BLAH! But anyways, thanks a lot for the help.

Jurigs
12-27-2009, 07:00 PM
YES! i got Manbearpig :D SOLO :D :D thanks to your awesome pics :D

x KrazieNoob x
01-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Thank you very much apple, I got this no problems on my first try with this guide of yours.! :)

LostNoAnswer
01-23-2010, 04:07 AM
wow,nice done
thx for this guide

Il Duce NOR
02-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Great Guide... Did it on my first try in Singel Player today! Awesome-O!

DLotS64
02-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Is Professor Chaos a better substitute for any of the players mentioned in the guide?

I think I will go with Kyle over Cartman when I try, his power up is probably better and his speed is good for getting your mazes done at the beginning.

I haven't used Prof Choas yet so I am unaware of his powerup and strength.

Svenndarkheart
02-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Watch out for manbearpig i am cereal

Coheedd
02-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks a lot for this guide, I managed to do it first time with perfect waves everytime.

Gohan Reborn
04-17-2010, 09:54 PM
First off I would like to say thank you to OP, as I got the achievement thanks to you.

Seeing as I saw a few people ask for a video instead of just screenshots, I did it for you guys. It's still missing the first stage, but has the 2nd and 3rd. The first part will be up later today or tomorrow. Enjoy =]

YouTube- South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play! ManBearPig Achievement Guide 3/4

YouTube- South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play! ManBearPig Achievement Guide 4/4

HarperBird
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
awesome guide took me a couple of times but got it eventually!! thanks OP

unique riggers
06-21-2010, 10:58 AM
to easy with this guide

Krippa
06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the guide, managed to get this yesterday.

poopstain killa
07-20-2010, 07:58 PM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7471/dscn7370.jpg (http://img844.imageshack.us/i/dscn7370.jpg/)

Got Manbearpig last night with my girlfriend. Just the two of us. Here's a pic we took of the first stage if this helps anyone out. Although Apple's would work good, too. just a little confusing. Thought a pic with the maze bulit would be a little clearer. If anyone wants a pic of the second or third stage, hit me up

RudeBoy TK
07-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey someone like 2 help me with this crazy achievement? online there ara always people who build towers :( sow if u like catch me up Gamer : RudeBoy TK

RudeBoy TK
07-21-2010, 07:32 PM
can you send the rest of the pics pleaze??

Pinski
08-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey, thanks for the guide. Got it on the first try. Using Cartman, Craig, Pip, and Jimmy. I mainly used Cartman to try to level up the carpet bomb, but sometimes switched to Craig to get the slow time down (especially on the 2nd area with all the rolling boulders). I also used Jimmy to build all the walls as he moved the fastest.

I can confirm that accidentally building a tower doesn't ruin the achievement. I built one on the third area and got really worried about losing the achievement. But I destroyed it immediately, it didn't hit anything, and the achievement unlocked.

AssortedGore
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Great guide, really helped. Did it first time!

TriRock
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Well I couldn't build such a fancy mazes as you, but I managed to build ones inspired by yours and that did the trick. Thanks for the help!

cannoo
11-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Made a longer maze on first and second stage, guide really helped though and now I got 200G. Also manbearpig was easy, didn't even have to turn him around, was dead before he got out of the middle. :woop:

The CMC
02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Can anyone help me do this plz dont message me back just add me on xbox thank you.
GT:UBK B3RSERKER

JesperBB
02-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Finally a helpful and easy guide to follow. I've been trying to get that achievement for hours! Thanks!

DTO Yop
05-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Did it on my first try making whats said in guide, very easy.

Bcleal
05-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Just finished this thought it was challenging but using kyle helped ALOT

bluhbluh
07-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I cannot do this for my life. I have no idea how to do it.

hydrosugar
11-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't see how people had so much trouble with this, this is the only tower defense game i have ever played and i did it with friends easily enough. Just make sure to have elaborate thin walls, the uber special characters, and a little coordination.

Neon Tiger
01-20-2012, 06:28 PM
looking to do Bearmanpig with people who know how to build walls fast. will help with any other game in return.

GT: The Neon Tiger

thxs guys.

FaSCoRP
01-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Not sure what happened, we did this with my wife twice and it did not unlock, we never built a tower, no mistakes. Not sure why it does not pop up :|