Block It

J0K3R C4RD

Hey guys,

I know it's common hoops knowledge, and i know how to block, but was just wondering if anyone out there had suggestions for better ways to get a hand on the ball for a block? (for the player achievements and block achievements especially). Is it just me or is it much harder to this year?

Would be really appreciated

J0K3R C4RD

Edited by J0K3R C4RD

Hey guys,

I know it's common hoops knowledge, and i know how to block, but was just wondering if anyone out there had suggestions for better ways to get a hand on the ball for a block? (for the player achievements and block achievements especially). Is it just me or is it much harder to this year?

Would be really appreciated

J0K3R C4RD

two controllers. You can edit any player and make them 5 feet 3 inches. Just use Yao Ming to block the shots.

well playing with 2 controllers earlier i got the Yao achievement. the D-Wade trophy achievement is harder cuz he's shorter, maybe ill edit him a bit. thanks for the response though, was unaware of how i can change them.

where do i have to go? i know i did it on 2K9 last year, forgot though.

well playing with 2 controllers earlier i got the Yao achievement. the D-Wade trophy achievement is harder cuz he's shorter, maybe ill edit him a bit. thanks for the response though, was unaware of how i can change them.

where do i have to go? i know i did it on 2K9 last year, forgot though.

options manage rosters click on the player and edit them.

• 4 weeks later...
yea.. i was trying to play as tim duncan or dwight howard for the 5 blocks/5 off rebounds/ 5 steals acheev....couldnt get 1 block all game.. i even camped out in the paint. i'll have to use 2 controllers or edit

I got the last of the blocking achievement :|@!!!! :D

All my starters were 7'6". I turned up contest shots and their ability to offensive rebound to 100 and I would score and they inbound the ball I would press the right on the D-pad and choose the last option of the D type. And I got it doing that and when the other team rebounded it I would position myself and block the shit outta them LOL :D

Good luck!

Try that. It worked wonders for me! I ended up with more than 10 blocks lol. And I was playing with only 5 mins :s

You can also edit sliders(have CPU's drive the ball in more instead of taking jump-hots) and turn-off certain NBA rules(like 3 in the key) to help you out too.

Not just that but you can increase block all the way, vertical (i think it was), make sure that you turn up all of the sliders for the player as far as contested shots and make sure you make sure they take shots all the time, no dunks or layups. You'll get it in no time. Honestly I had no real issue with it as it's just timing. Stay disclipined and don't fall for the fakes! Also make sure to have it where your guys play man defense all the time, stick with their guys on defense and the last 1-2 seconds of the shot clock switch over and jump. It'll become easier over a little time

• 1 month later...

Yea I usually have problems getting a lot of blocks. I just turned up their tendencies to 100 for taking close shots, attack the basket, and putbacks and whatever else that u can turn up to get them to drive to the hoop. Of course turn every other of their tendencies to 0 so that all they do is try and drive to the hoop. Seems like putting it on Superstar difficulty makes them more aggressive so they're not just standing around like fools. Seemed to work fine for me. And if they are just dribbling and not attacking the hoop try switching defenses from man to man to zone and your defender should back off them and they should then try and drive to the hoop so be waiting for them and go for the block.:uzi::eek: