PDA

View Full Version : Quick TIP on the stun/electric/gas bombs..SPOILER

rsoaker27
10-09-2009, 12:45 AM
SO I had ALL 3 items but didnt know how the heck to use them and I was at the end of the game and went thru the TRUTH DOOR...and as I entered that room, I finally figured out how to set the traps down...so as I jumped down the hole to chase jigsaw, that fat guy comes out..so i weaked him and then ran back a little as his nail bat got stuck in the ground and set the trap...bingo ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED...then I just repeated the step for the other 2....HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE THAT WAS IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME:)

DRCL
10-10-2009, 02:33 AM
You didn't actually tell anyone how to use it.. If they're in the same boat they'll have no idea how to actually use them ;)

And I really don't know how to use them -.- I just pressed random buttons until it worked.. Usually killing me in the process -_-

IIIDEFAULTIII
10-10-2009, 02:52 AM
You didn't actually tell anyone how to use it.. If they're in the same boat they'll have no idea how to actually use them ;)

And I really don't know how to use them -.- I just pressed random buttons until it worked.. Usually killing me in the process -_- Press right bumper to select what trap you want then LT+RT sets them down.

Nlkuysdf
10-24-2009, 07:12 AM
SO I had ALL 3 items but didnt know how the heck to use them and I was at the end of the game and went thru the TRUTH DOOR...and as I entered that room, I finally figured out how to set the traps down...so as I jumped down the hole to chase jigsaw, that fat guy comes out..so i weaked him and then ran back a little as his nail bat got stuck in the ground and set the trap...bingo ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED...then I just repeated the step for the other 2....HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE THAT WAS IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME:)

I had just beat the game with only these 3 achievements left. I was just about to start going through different checkpoints looking for a good spot to this on but decided to look to see if anyone had a good tip. Well, thank you, took me less than 5 minutes to get all three using your method. 1k!!!

jkr363
11-10-2009, 08:46 PM
do i need to find the schematics again or will he still have them if ive beaten the game. also do have chapter/checkpoint for that area?

ManekiNeko
11-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I have a stun mine schematic but I don't know what to do now.. If anything?

JB x360a
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Once you have the schematic's for 1 or all three, youi have to make sure you have the ingrediants you need to make the bombs and then find a jigsaw work bench and this will allow you to make the mines. You can then carry the mines with you until you need to use them.

ManekiNeko
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Once you have the schematic's for 1 or all three, youi have to make sure you have the ingrediants you need to make the bombs and then find a jigsaw work bench and this will allow you to make the mines. You can then carry the mines with you until you need to use them.

How do you know what you need?

JB x360a
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Having completed last night i should know, but can't think off the top of my head, but will have a go!

Stun Trap = Amonia and Paint thinner
Gas Trap = Fuse and Paint thinner
Exp Trap = Fuse and Shotgun shell

doomey
11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Do you need to weaken an opponent using the stun trap, I have tried numerous times to get the achievements but the stun trap doesn't kill any one.(thanks)

Nirumano
11-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Do you need to weaken an opponent using the stun trap, I have tried numerous times to get the achievements but the stun trap doesn't kill any one.(thanks)

Same here. I played on insane or intense or what its called, just for fun. And even if I weaken the targets till they have like 5-10% hp max, they still dont die from stun mine - they dont seem to take damage from it at all. Don't wanna start a new game on normal and play all the way till i get stun mine just for one achievement :/

JB x360a
11-25-2009, 09:31 AM
The stun trap is the hardest one to kill with becasue the other continue to take life off enemies due to gas and fire.
The only thing i can suggest is to weaken your enemie as much as you can with LT + A punches.
On normal difficulty i think the stun trap takes less than a quarter of their energy. (Probably about 1/8)

Nirumano
11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
The stun trap is the hardest one to kill with becasue the other continue to take life off enemies due to gas and fire.
The only thing i can suggest is to weaken your enemie as much as you can with LT + A punches.
On normal difficulty i think the stun trap takes less than a quarter of their energy. (Probably about 1/8)

When a guy died from the fire in the explosive mine, it didnt count. They have to die from the explosion itself I think. But ye, the stun is hard - hardest achievement in game imo (especially on intense).

JB x360a
11-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Mine gas and fire ones both unlocked after he died, but he was on fire or being gassed and dying, neither of them died from the explosion. Good Luck.

doomey
11-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah I have that one now, you need to weaken the enemy first, then use the trap (seems a bit pointless it use it then, but it works)

Itachi Flame
02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
When you hit a work table it will show you the supplies, most supplies are ammonia, shotgun shells, and some kinda bleach like stuff.

nel e nel
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Just thought I would share another good spot for all 3 mine AND the face stomp achievements:

After you have gotten both of the lightbulbs for the theater to get to Jeff, (you should be in room 204 at this point) you have to go into room 203 and then walk through a door into room 202. As soon as you enter room 202, a minion with a hand grenade (see what I did there?) trap comes through the door. The checkpoint is literally right outside room 203, so it was a quick and easy way to get all 4 of those for me. I just had a mine prepped, and in the case he didn't fall down for a face stomp I would run away and put the mine in the doorway so there was no way he could avoid running into it. Reload, cycle mine, repeat. Just make sure to back away after you have gotten your last achievement or else you'll get blown up when the minion dies.

Took me about 10 reloads in total to get all 4 of these (I already had 2 face stomps, so I only needed 3 more)

In case anyone wants to know, it takes 5 uppercuts to kill a minion, so if they haven't fallen down by the 4th punch, then you know it's time for a mine.

Owl
03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
That's a great strategy, personally though, I found it quite simple to use the mines when two minions were fighting each other. I had the most difficulty with the stomps. Any idea if there is a timing to knock them down or if it is pure luck? :)

KRS
04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
A great spot to get the three bomb/mine achievements is right at the beginning of the final chapter (7). There is a minion at the very start that you have to release from a locked room. Before opening the door for him, set the mine in the doorway that you entered from. Open the door and punch him a few times to soften him up. Then retreat through the door and he will follow you right into the mine. Reload the checkpoint and repeat for each of the different mine types.

Easy as pie. Took me less than 5 minutes for all three.

Jakethemuss
05-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately I finished the game without getting the stun and gas mine kills. I went back to replay chapter to find that my inventory is empty!

My question here would be....which is the quickest way to produce a mine of each type, seeing as I need schematics, ingredients AND a workbench for each one. I already have the explosive mine chevo.

Any help would be appreciated as I'mm trying to wrap up this 1000G and move on

Tapion
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for this, was able to get the last two achievements I needed to 1000 this game. Was fun, and just happy to now be done with it and soon send t back to Gamefly. :woop:

Psychosistic
06-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you nel, will be trying this later