PDA

View Full Version : This game wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for THE JUMPING!

vegetable lasagna
10-09-2009, 01:23 PM
This games jumping system is highly hypocritical...and frankly, driving me bonkers? Sometimes you can jump 20 feet, sometimes you can't jump 6 feet...

Jackdaw
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
I cannot agree more the jumping is terrible. It almost makes the jumping in Brave look good but nothing compares to that game for sheer unadulterated horror when it comes to a broken camera mapped onto a broken game.

FeJ
10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree, this game would atleast be tolerable if i could actually land on the droids that you have to jak.

Ziggy1911
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
My fav-or-rite... (sarcasm) is when your trying to double jump off a driod to do a power slam or jump on a better droid and you somehow get sucked back onto the droid you just jumped from...

Born Apophis
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Agree.. the worst thing is in the situations when in a normal game you would usually double jump, but in this game you have to do a single jump...

Bot jumping also sucks.

Darth Nightwing
10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
My fav-or-rite... (sarcasm) is when your trying to double jump off a driod to do a power slam or jump on a better droid and you somehow get sucked back onto the droid you just jumped from...

I am having a hell of time getting the Grand Slam
"Destroy 25 Droids by doing a jump attack off another character"

I swear I have killed 100 droids doing this. I can never tell.

Then the getting some of the artifacts where you have to jump is driving me nuts!!!

(http://www.trueachievements.com/a37035/grand-slam-achievement.htm)

danny barrett
10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
i'm glad i'm not the only one who was struggling with the jumping in what is questionably a "kid's game".
big star wars fan, so i was gonna get this game regardless, but that shit drove me crazy

Darth Nightwing
10-19-2009, 07:36 AM
i'm glad i'm not the only one who was struggling with the jumping in what is questionably a "kid's game".
big star wars fan, so i was gonna get this game regardless, but that shit drove me crazy

Same here. Obviously huge star wars fan

JDSquireBry
11-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Totally agree about the jumping ... I want to sit with one of the game developers and play the game and have them explain to me how in the hell they came up with this. One of the most inconsistent and aggravating gameplay of any game I've seen. Ridiculous.

blade_pkr
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah i agree, totally annoying especially with the "can't touch me" achievement i think it is.

kestrel
11-04-2009, 10:57 PM
yeah, the jumping was challenging at first but I am used to it now.

letum
04-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Testify!!:locked

LeHah
05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
The worst part of it is that the jumping in most of the situations is fine - but once or twice in a level its so bad that you just can't make any damn progress in the level until you nail it out of luck.

I can't tell you how many times I tried to get on that speeder in the first level. Augh.

Pedle Zelnip
05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
I dunno, it's bad, but I've certainly seen worse. Doesn't really seem worse than say the Lego games where you're oftentimes having to make leaps of faith.

The Filthy Goat
06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I absolutely agree on the jumping, but one thing also irked me just a bit more, the inability to drop off from a hanging situation. I kept getting in positions where I was hanging off the side of something and it wouldn't let me climb up, jump off, or move along the edge. I'd just get stuck there for 10-15 seconds before it would leap off backwards.

dddarne
06-13-2010, 09:15 AM
I only played 3 levels and this game pissed me off so I stopped. I can tell this is a game I play only a level at a time. The camera and the jumping is something nightmares are made out of.

TriRock
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Even if the jumping was ok, it would still be a bad game. Only for SW fans.

FoolKiller
02-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I am having a hell of time getting the Grand Slam
"Destroy 25 Droids by doing a jump attack off another character"

I swear I have killed 100 droids doing this. I can never tell.

Then the getting some of the artifacts where you have to jump is driving me nuts!!!

(http://www.trueachievements.com/a37035/grand-slam-achievement.htm)

Did you ever manage to get the artifact in Juma-9 Mission 7: Take it Back?

I can't figure out how to "jump on the boxes" in that level.