PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Platinum medal

mikeeeeeeeee124
10-10-2009, 10:54 PM
First off i would highly recommend you go for the MANBEARPIG before doing this. For strategy check out Apple's thread here... http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=181058

Now that your familiar with the level, load it up again locally on insane with the following characters: Cartman, Craig, Kenny, and Pip. the reason for kenny is because his stats are nearly maxed out and you will get a lot of coins if you cycle through specials; using craig's, cartmans, then kenny's.

Build a good maze, as you did for MANBEARPIG but this time, build around 15 or so fireyworks before the first round. Keep killing and try to hold on to pip's special as long as possible. Use pip's only when the enemies are as far right as possible (try to time kenny's special right before pips too, you'll get a ton of cash). Before you know it you will have more than enough to upgrade a lot of towers. Fireyworks devastate almost all enemies and are worth a ton of money once you complete the wave.

To platinum this stage requires 1.3 million pts. Aim for these score markers on each stage:
Stage 1: 600,000
Stage 2: 500,000
Stage 3: 200,000
... if you dont get them try again. (I got perfect waves on 10/11 1st stage and then perfect the next two stages and ended up with nearly 1.5 mil)

Now remember, local games are the way to go, if you mess up on a stage start it over! let the enemies score, get a feel for where it is essential to place fireyworks. Play with a friend who knows how to build. Use kenny's special strategically and often; coins are what will separate you from Myyrr and Platinum. This strategy worked for me on my first try with just one other friend, so hopefully someone will find this useful.

oldaddyjoker
10-11-2009, 12:53 AM
I made this method consistently to get platinum:

easiest platinum medal method is the labrynith challenge locally on insane put plasma tower, freeze tower, fireworks tower all upgraded, then repeat when you have enough money. the team i used is timmy, jimmy, kenny, and craig ( I think that's his name, it's the guy who slows time). slow time with craig, hit kenny's welfare, then use jimmy or timmy to wipe everyone one out and pick up coins. after that focus all CPU players on first two areas and use which ever one you want to power up first as your player. most enemies didn't make it pass the 4th space. If you pick up 275+ coins and get all perfects it will platinum everytime, hope it helps folks.

Hot Juicy Pie
10-11-2009, 07:12 AM

easiest platinum medal method is the labrynith challenge locally on insane put plasma tower, freeze tower, fireworks tower all upgraded, then repeat when you have enough money. the team i used is timmy, jimmy, kenny, and craig ( I think that's his name, it's the guy who slows time). slow time with craig, hit kenny's welfare, then use jimmy or timmy to wipe everyone one out and pick up coins. after that focus all CPU players on first two areas and use which ever one you want to power up first as your player. most enemies didn't make it pass the 4th space. If you pick up 275+ coins and get all perfects it will platinum everytime, hope it helps folks. worked like a charm

Jimbo76
10-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the tips. should help a lot.

NeoRizer
10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Play as Pip, Cartman, Craig and Jimmy.

Put Craig, Cartman and Pip at the top of the map near the brown door of the house (this is the only safe spot on the map where they won't get trampled by the gingers)

Quickly run around and sell all the default towers with Jimmy and collect the coins. Place a Fireworks at the bottom half of the map, somewhere in the center. Use Jimmy to go around collecting coins and upgrading and building fireworks.

As soon as someone's special attack is ready USE IT! Don't even hesitate as the ginger's flood the map so quickly you'll almost always need to do it.

On the 2nd part do the same thing, sell any and all towers starting from left to right and place an ass load of fire works towers, there's never enough of them, just keep placing them until you have about 10-15 and upgrade as many as possible.

Make sure to place the kids in the exact same spot, brown door, north portion of the map. Easy Platinum in less than 6 minutes and barely any work. It's just the initial set up that's a pain in the butt, if you can place your first fireworks before they get too far, you're golden.

aKa invincible
10-11-2009, 02:16 PM

easiest platinum medal method is the labrynith challenge locally on insane put plasma tower, freeze tower, fireworks tower all upgraded, then repeat when you have enough money. the team i used is timmy, jimmy, kenny, and craig ( I think that's his name, it's the guy who slows time). slow time with craig, hit kenny's welfare, then use jimmy or timmy to wipe everyone one out and pick up coins. after that focus all CPU players on first two areas and use which ever one you want to power up first as your player. most enemies didn't make it pass the 4th space. If you pick up 275+ coins and get all perfects it will platinum everytime, hope it helps folks.

yeah, works amazing. thanks.

ADenton109
10-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you very much "oldaddyjoker" it took me ages trying to get Platinum and i do your method and i get it in one!

Anben
10-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Play as Pip, Cartman, Craig and Jimmy.

trust me, butters is better than cartman....

Hot Juicy Pie
10-12-2009, 02:27 AM
trust me, butters is better than cartman.... Why? Cuz he's got something in his pocket for us? You're a pedophile bwahahaha

Anben
10-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Why? Cuz he's got something in his pocket for us? You're a pedophile bwahahaha
actually i think all of us in here are pedophiles otherwise we wouldn't be playing south park lol..........no seriously, butters got that tornado special, thats why he got more balls than cartman.....

Snake Eyes
10-12-2009, 05:51 AM

When and how do you get the plasma tower? because I don't think I have unlocked that tower yet

chicaqo
10-12-2009, 06:35 AM

thnx worked like a charm ive been trying to get it for a while

oldaddyjoker
10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
When and how do you get the plasma tower? because I don't think I have unlocked that tower yet

you get the plasma by clearing one of the challenges, but I honestly can't say which one, my guess is four corners or the last one. You can also get a sludge thrower in the challenges.

davhth4
10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I could not manage this on anything except doing the brains challenge (p.s. i was doing this localy by myself on insane) It was pretty easy on brains it took only two attempts to get Platinum.

I used pip,butters,jimmy and timmy,

for braaaains i used mostly fireworks and leave some of the current towers but only in strategicaly places positions.

for labyrith i used, freeze tower, fireworks, plasma, fireworks, freeze, and another fireworks if needed, and u[pgrade them all.

place everyone around where they come in and it should be easy enough.

davhth4
10-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Sludge thrower? how do you get that :S ?????

edit: oh you mean sticky bomb?

crazyeyes86
10-14-2009, 06:29 PM

This doesn't seem to work for me for some reason. I've tried exactly as you said perfect waves and even collected 280+ coins. I tried it with all the players you suggested and then tried it substituting bebe for craig so i could collect every coin on screen. I keep getting below 460,000. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Do I need to get the manbearpig achievement first?

itsawhiteman
10-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Another easy level is "Hells Pass Hospital." I use Kyle, Butters, Jimmy, and Pip. Build Plasma ball and upgrade right away the just build Fieryworks and a few Laser towers and Cherry bombs (near begining entrance, only 2 is ok). Use the 3 power specials for the old people and terrorists. Platium every time.

Metastasizing
11-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Thx olddaddyjoker... finally got it :)