PDA

View Full Version : Can I get rid of Disc 2 from GOTY?

Gohan Reborn
10-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I got the GOTY edition early.

If you didn't know the Fallout 3 GOTY comes with 2 discs. Disc 1 has all the gameplay of the original Fallout 3. Disc 2 contains the DLC. According to the instruction manual, it wants you to install disc 2, and then play disc one. I didn't read it until I accepted the mission for GNR.

Anyways I installed disc 2 just now...No problems, looks like I'll be able to play all the DLC. My question is, would I be able to get rid of disc 2, and perhaps sell it?

RadiantViper
10-12-2009, 02:28 AM
You shouldn't need it after that, I never needed to use the Oblivion GOTY disc again ...

Though you might want to keep it if there's a problem with the DLC or if you want to delete them in some point in the future.

Just to confirm, did you get any pop-ups after installing disc 2? It should mentioned the new quests in-game.

Gohan Reborn
10-12-2009, 04:51 AM
yes, as soon as i started my fallout campaign, I got 5 pop-ups for the new missions, including one informing me about my cap being raised to level 30. I have a 120G hard drive, so I don't need the save space...I might end up selling it.

Tussell
10-12-2009, 05:10 AM
I would hold on to it. You never know if you will indeed need it. It's not hurting you to hold on to it, it's probably not taking up any significant space in your Fallout 3 GOTY case. I just don't see the reason to get rid of it.

smudgedhorizon
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I know that game stores in the UK wont let you trade in used copies of the disc expansions (like the Broken Steel/Point Lookout disc for example) so I doubt you could trade that in, but you could always sell it to a friend I suppose.

beer is gud
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
I'd keep it. If you ever get a new console, you will need to re-install it, because you can't play a game from the HD on another console, other than the one it was installed on. So you will have to delete it then re-install it onto your HD again, while the HD is in your new console, if you get me?

AK46 Guerriero
10-17-2009, 01:15 AM
I'd keep it. If you ever get a new console, you will need to re-install it, because you can't play a game from the HD on another console, other than the one it was installed on. So you will have to delete it then re-install it onto your HD again, while the HD is in your new console, if you get me?

Actually, im not sure if that's entirely true since it wasn't bought off of the market place. You could be right, but the only way to find out if to try I guess lol.

Ryuji
10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Hell, I'd buy that if you sold it cheap.

InkedUp
10-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Keep it. If you intend on selling it or trading it in after you complete it, your gonna have problems. Nobody will want to buy the GOTY edition if it doesn't come with both disc. If you want to trade it in, they will probably require you to have both disc. When I traded in ODST, they required the Halo 3 Mythic disc to take it. Better safe than sorry.

MAXIBHOY
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
you can share it with your firends or charge them if youre a dick :P

Black Shirah
10-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I know that game stores in the UK wont let you trade in used copies of the disc expansions (like the Broken Steel/Point Lookout disc for example) so I doubt you could trade that in, but you could always sell it to a friend I suppose.
What? I bought my Shivering Isles disk used, and traded it in when I noticed that I hated Oblivion.

MAXIBHOY
10-23-2009, 05:23 PM

Thats funny cos i traded in my OA/the Pitt Disk into Game :P