PDA

View Full Version : Question about Diffculty

KamikazeQ
10-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm thinking of picking this game up and I have read a couple reviews that have said that compared to other music games this game is easier due to the fact that the layout of the notes are similar to the actually real notes for the song? Just wanted to get the community's opinion on this. I can play hard on Rock Band 2 (not well but I can pass the songs) and thought picking up this game might be a fun way to play some new music and practice my skills as I try and work up to the day that I can play expert. Any feedback would be appreciated.

TwistedFate
10-11-2009, 10:44 PM
For the most part the songs are easier to play. However, some of the achievements are harder due, for the most part, to sections that are very tricky.

rabies
10-11-2009, 10:58 PM
The game is easier in general for MOST instruments due to the nature of the songs....the beatles didn't really do a lot of shredding guitar solos and super fast hardcore drum beats....so yea, the game is easier in general and more straightforward. I don't think it has anything to do with the way it was charted. HMX has their charting convention down and they stick with it.

That being said, i think getting 1000 GS on this game is MUCH harder than RB1 or RB2.

Der Fuhrer
10-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I was in your situation when I got the Beatles and found that I could play on Expert because of a lower song difficulty, as for Achievements, probably one of the hardest lists out there plus with requiring 3 local mics the 1000 is unobtainable for most people.

KamikazeQ
10-11-2009, 11:58 PM
So the general consensus seems to be that the songs require less skill to master but the achievements require more skill to earn as compared to other music games. So that kinda seems like what I am looking for which is basically a game that can serve as a stepping stone to me getting closer to playing expert on RB2 via practicing on the beatles songs. If that makes sense lol.