PDA

View Full Version : The search needs improving

NoMorMrKnifeGuy
10-12-2009, 02:22 PM
jus a minor thing really but it has annoyed me quite a few times but it's the search when im lookin for a game. earlier i typed in assassins creed and got no search results. i then checked the spelling which was fine but then realised that all i was missing was the apostrophe before the s. i then typed assassin's creed and found the game. searching should not work like this, u should not need to typed the exact spelling, spacing, grammar and punctuation in to get what u are looking for. this is one of the only websites that i have ever come across with this problem. imagine if google worked like that?!

Pashos
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Just type in one of the words in the title. Like if I wanted to find Assassin's Creed, I would just type in creed. You could also just type in a group of 3+ letters that are in the title, meaning you could just type in cre and Assassin's Creed would be one of the options you could pick.

AOS Puck
10-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Pashos: I don't think Routine has had time to change the minimum from 4 to 3 letters.

OP: If you are just searching for a game, don't use the search function. Just go to the main forum page, Ctrl+F and start typing. It will find the game forum before you finish the word.

Pashos
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Pashos: I don't think Routine has had time to change the minimum from 4 to 3 letters.

It works for me. I typed in 'cre' just to make sure I was correct and Assassin's Creed was the first one on the list. :)

AOS Puck
10-12-2009, 03:22 PM
It works for me. I typed in 'cre' just to make sure I was correct and Assassin's Creed was the first one on the list. :)

Well that is good to know. ;)