How hard is brutal difficulty ?

sublime shooter

If you change dif mid-game then finish, what achievement do you get for competing the game? The one for the difficulty you started or finished on? Or do yoo get any, because if they are not stackable then techinically you wouldn't have done all of it on any single difficulty.

I'll be getting this on friday so if someone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I may play it twice on easy then brutal, but I'll see. For games like these, where they are original and the devs put alotta soul into them I like to have a run-through where it's not very hard so I can just relax, take my time and enjoy the game.

Edited by The Destroyernatorer

If you change dif mid-game then finish, what achievement do you get for competing the game? The one for the difficulty you started or finished on? OR any, because if they are not stackable then techinically you wouldn't have done all of it on any single difficulty.

I'll be getting this on friday so if someone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated.

dude, play this game for its awesomeness , not cheevos...

dude, play this game for its awesomeness , not cheevos...

Oh believe me, I do not play for achievements. I have been lookinf forward to this game for ages and will do the opposite from a quick rush through for achievements. I was just wondering if brutal is too hard because I don't want it to be extraordinarily easy or hard, as I just want to enjoy the game. If it's good enough then I might give it 2 playthroughs, one for enjoyment on easy or normal, then for a challenge. Besides its only 25G for doing it on brutal, so I don't care about the points. I was just wondering if it would mess up if i changed difficulties, cos i dont go out of my way to get achievements, but it would be nice to get the ones i earn lol

Achievements are stackable but you can play on Brutal and still enjoy the game to the fullest.

Thanks. Is the strategy element much harder as you go up on the difficulties, cos now that i think about it, that's gonna be my weak point lol

Some battles was a little hard but only cuz i was impatient and rush head on on everything. If you dont do the same mistake as me (rushing without planning and driving like a crazy hog listening to the music and hit and running enemy army) then the RTS element is enjoyable. Even If you do something like me you will not get frustrated over defeat.

So does it pay to go straight through the story on Brutal to get the achievement and then go back and do the side quests on easy or normal? OR do stats carry over from multiple playthroughs so it would be easier to go through on normal first to get all the stuff and then start over on brutal?

I started playing today on brutal and I'm about halfway through it now. all I can say is, it's nowhere near as difficult as, say, ninja gaiden 2, or call of duty on the hardest difficulty. in fact I'd say it's quite easy. the only parts I ever really die at are the stage battles, and that's cause I suck at rts.

What do you mean by that? That the game is easy or the gamers suck at hard difficulty?

that the minute people hear of a game being challenging they run in the other direction.

dont get me wrong i have plenty of achievements from easy games but almost every game i play that has a difficulty achievement i get it. thats the point of "achievements" right?

to each his own tho, i guess im just from a different era of gaming