PDA

View Full Version : How hard is brutal difficulty ?

sublime shooter
10-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Topic says it all I am getting it tomorrow and just wanna know before i start it :uzi:

ovoon7
10-13-2009, 02:47 AM
Ive heard its not bad but gets harder as the game progresses

Majinek
10-13-2009, 02:56 AM
It's not hard at all.

StolenKyle/
10-13-2009, 03:52 AM
Anymore opinions on this, because I'm getting it tomorrow and I really want to know if Brutal is really hard.

xhunterrrr
10-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Play and find out, lol.

Majinek
10-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh for the love of Metal Guardian... You can change difficulty in game options so start on Brutal and if you get your ass handed to you on gold plate then you can change to baby-easy.

xx_0_0_xx
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
In this game third diff. named Brutal is very easy, im dont remeber when i die in game. This is game with eastest third diff. Im feel on this game played on easy not hard/normal.

The Destroyernatorer
10-13-2009, 05:54 PM
If you change dif mid-game then finish, what achievement do you get for competing the game? The one for the difficulty you started or finished on? Or do yoo get any, because if they are not stackable then techinically you wouldn't have done all of it on any single difficulty.
I'll be getting this on friday so if someone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I may play it twice on easy then brutal, but I'll see. For games like these, where they are original and the devs put alotta soul into them I like to have a run-through where it's not very hard so I can just relax, take my time and enjoy the game.

McKaystyles
10-13-2009, 06:06 PM
If you change dif mid-game then finish, what achievement do you get for competing the game? The one for the difficulty you started or finished on? OR any, because if they are not stackable then techinically you wouldn't have done all of it on any single difficulty.
I'll be getting this on friday so if someone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated.

dude, play this game for its awesomeness , not cheevos...

Majinek
10-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Achievements are stackable but you can play on Brutal and still enjoy the game to the fullest.

The Destroyernatorer
10-13-2009, 07:55 PM
dude, play this game for its awesomeness , not cheevos...

Oh believe me, I do not play for achievements. I have been lookinf forward to this game for ages and will do the opposite from a quick rush through for achievements. I was just wondering if brutal is too hard because I don't want it to be extraordinarily easy or hard, as I just want to enjoy the game. If it's good enough then I might give it 2 playthroughs, one for enjoyment on easy or normal, then for a challenge. Besides its only 25G for doing it on brutal, so I don't care about the points. I was just wondering if it would mess up if i changed difficulties, cos i dont go out of my way to get achievements, but it would be nice to get the ones i earn lol

Achievements are stackable but you can play on Brutal and still enjoy the game to the fullest.

Thanks. Is the strategy element much harder as you go up on the difficulties, cos now that i think about it, that's gonna be my weak point lol

Majinek
10-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Some battles was a little hard but only cuz i was impatient and rush head on on everything. If you dont do the same mistake as me (rushing without planning and driving like a crazy hog listening to the music and hit and running enemy army) then the RTS element is enjoyable. Even If you do something like me you will not get frustrated over defeat.

The Destroyernatorer
10-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks a bunch, I'll prob start on brutal and see how it goes. Also your sig is full of win.

Voxael
10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Wait ... I'm confused ... I started the game on Normal and I'm thinking about swapping it up to Brutal.

If I do it on my current game, will I get the Normal difficulty or Brutal achievement?

xOverLorDx
10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
do complete the game achive stack or not? ...

xx_0_0_xx
10-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Stack, im finished Brutal and achieve for easy and normal

xOverLorDx
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
thnaks a bunch 4 a quick replay. =)

Mindzeye82
10-14-2009, 12:41 PM
So does it pay to go straight through the story on Brutal to get the achievement and then go back and do the side quests on easy or normal? OR do stats carry over from multiple playthroughs so it would be easier to go through on normal first to get all the stuff and then start over on brutal?

Majinek
10-14-2009, 04:25 PM
It would be easier to do everything on Brutal difficulty.

Xionski
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I started playing today on brutal and I'm about halfway through it now. all I can say is, it's nowhere near as difficult as, say, ninja gaiden 2, or call of duty on the hardest difficulty. in fact I'd say it's quite easy. the only parts I ever really die at are the stage battles, and that's cause I suck at rts.

The Destroyernatorer
10-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, im only thinking about the rts. My brain cannot compute strategy, except maybe a game of chess or yu-gi-oh (yeah laugh it up)
Are these parts frustrating or is it easy to get the hang of it after a few retries?

NuVioN
10-14-2009, 09:37 PM
I haven't found brutal to hard yet. I am about half way through the game. You may have to try things a couple of time but you will get it. a couple of retrys is better then beating the game a 2nd time durring a busy holiday game season.

Tj1zzle
10-15-2009, 12:49 AM
what the hell has happened to video games?
are there any true gamers left in the world?
holy shit

Majinek
10-15-2009, 01:11 AM
What do you mean by that? That the game is easy or the gamers suck at hard difficulty?

Tj1zzle
10-15-2009, 04:58 AM
What do you mean by that? That the game is easy or the gamers suck at hard difficulty?

that the minute people hear of a game being challenging they run in the other direction.
dont get me wrong i have plenty of achievements from easy games but almost every game i play that has a difficulty achievement i get it. thats the point of "achievements" right?

to each his own tho, i guess im just from a different era of gaming

seraphimneeded
10-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Ive heard its not bad but gets harder as the game progresses
The difficulty level does indeed cause a substantial difference in difficulty, but not until very late in the game. I breezed through well over half of it on Brutal without a second thought until I smacked headlong into one of the stage battles I just could not beat no matter what I tried.

My suggestion is this, start on Brutal and get as far as you can. Once you hit a point you can't seem to get past, copy the save file onto a memory card and drop the difficulty to Normal (or lower if need be) and beat the game on that difficulty. Once you have a better feel for the game, go ahead and load up the copy and give it another attempt on Brutal.

The Destroyernatorer
10-15-2009, 08:02 AM
that the minute people hear of a game being challenging they run in the other direction.
dont get me wrong i have plenty of achievements from easy games but almost every game i play that has a difficulty achievement i get it. thats the point of "achievements" right?

to each his own tho, i guess im just from a different era of gaming

Yes this is a different era of videogames. Originally games were not about conveying a story or atmosphere, they were only about difficulty; about being challenged and doing as well as you could. All classic games were like this, Asteroids, Pac man, tetris even.

I have no problem with a challenge, but sometimes it can hamper the enjoyment of a game like this, where (as it is a Schafer game) it is all about the story and the experience; not replaying it until you perfect it. If you want to play games for a challenge, stick to FPSs online, pure RTSs, fighting games etc, rather than a game where its biggest selling point is that it is a true heavy metal experience for heavy metal fans and newbies to the genre alike. It can seriously affect the gamer's enjoyment of a game like this because if they get stuck and have to keep replaying a part then the story repeats itself and doesn't progress. So high difficulty only appeases gamers who genuinely find the other difficulties too easy or the sado-masochistic gamers of old who do not mind replaying a part until they have perfected it.

Agusta1
10-15-2009, 12:14 PM
I haven't noticed any difficulty. So, this is my answer. No not really.

Tj1zzle
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes this is a different era of videogames. Originally games were not about conveying a story or atmosphere, they were only about difficulty; about being challenged and doing as well as you could. All classic games were like this, Asteroids, Pac man, tetris even.

I have no problem with a challenge, but sometimes it can hamper the enjoyment of a game like this, where (as it is a Schafer game) it is all about the story and the experience; not replaying it until you perfect it. If you want to play games for a challenge, stick to FPSs online, pure RTSs, fighting games etc, rather than a game where its biggest selling point is that it is a true heavy metal experience for heavy metal fans and newbies to the genre alike. It can seriously affect the gamer's enjoyment of a game like this because if they get stuck and have to keep replaying a part then the story repeats itself and doesn't progress. So high difficulty only appeases gamers who genuinely find the other difficulties too easy or the sado-masochistic gamers of old who do not mind replaying a part until they have perfected it.

im with you bro, i was just making a general statement. and i know this of all games is not here to be hard..

my comment was in regards to almost every game on these forums has this question and its from people who havent bought the game yet.
seriously look around...

all you see is "hey j.w just how hard this game is was thinking of getting it, but before i do i wanna make sure its easy"

thats all im saying, each game has different audiences and goals but when your letting difficulty affect what game you'll be playing well your just not a true gamer.
video games for the most part have gone mainstream and all out casual, some should be called interactive videos.

L0cke89
10-15-2009, 04:51 PM
im with you bro, i was just making a general statement. and i know this of all games is not here to be hard..

my comment was in regards to almost every game on these forums has this question and its from people who havent bought the game yet.
seriously look around...

all you see is "hey j.w just how hard this game is was thinking of getting it, but before i do i wanna make sure its easy"

thats all im saying, each game has different audiences and goals but when your letting difficulty affect what game you'll be playing well your just not a true gamer.
video games for the most part have gone mainstream and all out casual, some should be called interactive videos.
But then you didn't even understand the OP in these threads. They are asking how hard the hardest difficulty is and wether they should start on brutal or normal. They play the game non the less, but the first time should be for fun. And it's just not fun restarting every 10 seconds on your frst time. You want to enjoy it. Harder diff are normally for a second playthrough when you're already familiar, but we're on an achievements site and people want to know, if you can handle the first time on hard.

I know that I don't want to start over ad over and over again on the FIRST playthrough. But if the hardest diff isn't that bad or I can lower it in the middle of the game, it's ok. That is what people want to know in this threads.

And I understand you. 10 years earlier I wanted a game to be long and with great challange so I can play them longer that's also the reason old games are hard. Arcades because of more quarters and the ones for home systems, so that I can play longer than 30 minutes, which is a normal time for a old game if you never die.

But nowadays I have the money to buy more games and want to play them all. But if need to sit 2 hours on my couch just to beat a normal story, it's just not fun, because it holds me back.

The Destroyernatorer
10-15-2009, 04:58 PM

seriously look around...

Yeah i see your point, but as Locke89 said the OP was asking if they should start on brutal or normal, so they're clearly not afraid of a challenge or else they would start on easy lol. Otherwise i see your point, i hate how popular games are getting easier, such as New super mario bros being about 20% as hard as the original, to appease the casuals. This is annoying especially because you cannot change the difficulty. If a games has different difficulties to appease the hardcore then i don't care if it also has an insanely easy mode for casuals.

Syrette
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
If you change difficulty level mid-game (say from Brutal to Normal), will you encounter any problems unlocking the Normal and Easy cheevos?

I wouldn't expect to get the Brutal achievement if I change difficulty (even if I revert back to Brutal later on), but it'd be super lame if changing difficulties causes issues getting the other 2 as well.

Just checking.

The Destroyernatorer
10-16-2009, 03:49 PM
If you change difficulty level mid-game (say from Brutal to Normal), will you encounter any problems unlocking the Normal and Easy cheevos?

I wouldn't expect to get the Brutal achievement if I change difficulty (even if I revert back to Brutal later on), but it'd be super lame if changing difficulties causes issues getting the other 2 as well.

Just checking.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I don't care too much about achievements, but I like to receive the ones I actually do earn :p

Syrette
10-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Think I'll stick with Brutal throughout anyway, so long as it doesn't get any more frustrating.

Outbreaker XXXX
10-17-2009, 11:50 AM
I started on brutal ive only just started playing so im not that far into it, the health is like gears goes very red but music slows down so if you get into a tricky spot back off and defend yourself so far i would say its tricky if you button bash lol i died once so far and thats cos i didnt realise what i had to do on one of the boss fights lol but once i did it was easy, the difficulty sounds rough but its not the hardest difficulty ive played i give this difficulty 6/10 personally and 8/10 if you only play games to get achievements on my tip D/L the demo play it a few times on brutal to get a feel then go forth and get the game, its fookin awesome, very funny just like jack black you almost feel that your playing him not Eddie also for those who have it... how awesome was the start up :D

HittingRug
10-17-2009, 01:56 PM
dude, play this game for its awesomeness , not cheevos... why go onto an achievement site if your not after achievements?

Voxael
10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
why go onto an achievement site if your not after achievements?

Well I'm here because I use guides with about 80% of my games and the ones here are incredibly helpful and 9 times out of 10, the people on the forums can clarify a strategy/suggest another approach if they're asked.

I don't know what the other poster's reasons for being here are, but if Achievements disappeared tomorrow, I personally wouldn't be heartbroken.