PDA

View Full Version : The Official x360a Fantasy Baseball League

Cyrex
02-12-2007, 12:41 AM
while im going to set up a fantasy baseball team in a couple of days and im wondering if anyone wants to join?

it will be 10 teams with a live draft sometime in march.

right now there are 8 open spots because im guessing that perpetual will want to join

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 12:47 AM
YES. i would love to get into another league! :)

let me know when the draft will be... thanks.

The Shadyville Sluggers are coming off a huge disappointing year. After dominating the entire regular season, they were upset by a team that got hot when it mattered--in the championship. But that was in my league, which may also have a couple open spots. So maybe if this league fills up, others could fill in the couple gaps in my league?

Yes. I am a big baseball fan. and An Even BIGGER fantasy baseball nerd. :p I will admit it.

Smokez
02-12-2007, 01:44 AM
yeah l was actully gonna see if anyone wanted to join my League

Cause
02-12-2007, 03:21 AM
What sight are you guys actually going to do the fantasy baseball???? i usually do 5 teams so when ever you guys are ready im in. Just message me the date and time.

Smokez
02-12-2007, 03:26 AM
l Use Yahoo

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 03:27 AM
i always used yahoo until 2 years ago. i think cbssportsline's set up is better and more fun. but they are both good and similar. (and free)

whatever works... just let us know..

IMportdreams95
02-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Yeah i want to join, let me know the details etc.

bdg7884
02-12-2007, 04:37 AM
I want in... Send me details

Mingledon
02-12-2007, 04:43 AM
If there is still room, I'd like to go in. Never done Fantasy Sports before, but I UrbanDictionaried it, and I like the idea of being represented by actual team members and the like. I just would like to know what exactly is going to happen and what everything will mean before I go in.

Smokez
02-12-2007, 04:43 AM
We Can Always make 2 Leagues if u guess want. I can run the Yahoo one bc ive been using it for 7 Years. And Shady u Run a CBS one.

On the 15 i will post all the info for the Yahoo League bc thats when the Sign ups Start

Yahoo League for Smokez v2
Smokez
IMport
Cause
Shady
BDG7884
Mingledon
AOS Puck
Chuck Noris

Anyone one else want in Let me kno.

Mingledon
02-12-2007, 04:48 AM
Is this a for-money or any kind of stakes Fantasy Pool?

Smokez
02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Mines Free

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 05:20 AM
yeah, i think "for fun" would be the best route for fantasy baseball... it gets to be a very long season and people often quit before it is all over. the sad truth is: come september, i bet half of us will not still be managing our teams.

but, if all goes well, maybe we could take the same people in the fall and somehow make a fantasy football league for a small cash prize of some kind? that does not take as much dedication or time as baseball.

my football league always plays for money, and the same people do baseball for fun/free...

Mingledon
02-12-2007, 05:30 AM
I think I'm in, then, if it is no stakes.

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 05:35 AM
I think I'm in, then, if it is no stakes.

i think you will like it mingledon... it is very fun and addicting. i always love playing with first timers. (not because of the inexperience, but because of the real interest/effort they show)

my sister and her fiance shared a team for my football league this year, both first timers. and next year they both want their own team. even my sister loved it and can't stop trash talkin about next year.

*** Let's not forget this was Chuck Norris's thread first, so his league gets priority... But I think the other two leagues would be a good idea as well if we get enough interested people... ***

Mingledon
02-12-2007, 05:36 AM
I like trying new things, so cheers to it.

When will this all begin?

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 05:48 AM
the actual season does not begin until the 1st of April...

but I am sure the draft will be sometime in mid-March.

Mingledon
02-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Plenty o' time then.

Just PM me the details so I know the basics.

Cyrex
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
We Can Always make 2 Leagues if u guess want. I can run the Yahoo one bc ive been using it for 7 Years. And Shady u Run a CBS one.

On the 15 i will post all the info for the Yahoo League bc thats when the Sign ups Start

Yahoo League for Smokez v2
Smokez
IMport
Cause
Shady
BDG7884
Mingledon

Chuck Noris?

Anyone one else want in Let me kno.

ya im in , hold on ill make a list too

Cyrex
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
LIST

Chuck Norris621
Shaady Soljah
Import X360A
SmokezV1
AOS Puck

Perpetual??? you around, i rmember you expressed interest in Baseball a while back

4 more spots

AOS Puck
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
If there are any openings in the Yahoo league let me know, I've been playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball since '99.

Cyrex
02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
4 spots left anyone else?

AOS Puck
02-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Hey Chuck, are you running a Yahoo one also?

Smokez - Add me to your Yahoo one also if you don't mind.

Smokez
02-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Updated me List. The Bold were the first batch i had and the none bold are recent adds.

AOS Puck and Chuck i added both of u to me list

Cyrex
02-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Chuck, are you running a Yahoo one also?

while i was the one who started the topic and yes its yahoo

IMportdreams95
02-15-2007, 03:19 AM
When does it start bro?

Smokez
02-15-2007, 04:40 AM
lm Making the League Tonight since it opens tonight. So if ur reading this then it will be up tomrrow and i will fill everyone in on the info for my League

PerpetualHeaven
02-15-2007, 05:06 AM
Awh I don't know much about baseball. :(
I used to be in a basketball, football, golf, and hockey one.
But throw me in anyways :D

Smokez
02-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Okay well they Changed the date to sign ups till tomrrow so ill make it tomrrow then and Could we please get 1 more person so its 10 people in my League instead of 9

Smokez
02-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Well l Made My League Tonight Folks and its a 10 Man Roster. Don't Join the League unless you've asked me bc i wanna make sure that the 8 Other People who posted get in first and if they choose they dont wanna do it anymore ull get first spot, So if u arent one of those few people dont join unless u ask. l Will Boot you if ur not on List
Thank You

lts a Head 2 Head

The Leagues name is : x360a

League ID: 41487

Password : x360a

Draft Date : Friday March 2nd at 3:45 Central

Team Names : Please Make them your GamerTag
(so its easier to find out who is who)

URL
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/41487

The 10 People on this List Need to Sign up by Monday or its 1st come First Serve
Smokez - Joined
IMport - Joined
Cause - Joined
Shady - Joined
BDG7884
Mingledon
AOS Puck - Joined
Chuck Noris - Joined
PerpetualHeaven

Grim Reeper - Joined

AOS Puck
02-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Alright Smokez, I've joined.

Smokez
02-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Thank You. l updated my List with u joined it

Cause
02-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Allright i joined.

Shaaady Souljah
02-17-2007, 04:25 PM
I just joined... as of now there are 5 people in it.

Smokez, Cause, Import, Puck & Shady.

Smokez
02-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Thank you for the List Shaaady

Grim Reeper
02-17-2007, 08:42 PM
I signed up!

Shaaady Souljah
02-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I signed up!

Reeper, you did not read all of the other posts in this thread. No one else can join now except the other people who have expressed interest. Reeper will be the 10th apparently.

It is nothing against you, but we were trying to let the people who expressed interest first join. But there should be room for you, so don't worry yet...

But this brings up a good point. I think anyone else who has not yet joined that said they would has until a set date to get in (Maybe Monday?), and then it should just be first-come, first-serve so that we are not waiting until the last moments to fill the league.

Smokez
02-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Thats a good point shaaady. l thought they should have a time to decide but couldnt come up to a date but monday will work. So im gonna PM the last people to join and if not by monday its a first come first serve purpose since the Draft is in 3 weeks

@ Reeper - Did u join the League or just telling me u signed up here? Also if u could can u please add ur Gamertag to ur avatar for me.

Grim Reeper
02-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I saw the list and counted 9 so i figured yall needed one more. If you need to to quit the league I understand.

I am currently working on my avatar/profile thing should be up by the end of the night.

sorry for the confusion

Smokez
02-18-2007, 12:41 AM
No u dont have to leave we have 10 People now so its good. And thank you for working on ur avatar

Grim Reeper
02-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Alright Alright, everything is good to go! thanks for letting me join up in the league. Can't wait for spring training!

Smokez
02-18-2007, 01:39 AM
l Prefer Grape Fruit League!!!!

Grim Reeper
02-18-2007, 04:20 AM
yeah, grapefruit>cactus. The only good thing above moving to florida is seeing my mets for spring training every year!

Shaaady Souljah
02-18-2007, 04:23 AM
GRAPEFRUIT REPRESENT! ;)

(aka: GO TWINS!) can't wait for April 1st!...

IMportdreams95
02-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Me either. Everyone but Shaaady will be very suprised on one of my draft picks. You guys don't know who he is, but yet he will have a big impact this season. You can count on it. :p

Cyrex
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
alright ya smokez im in... now that i think about it im not sur ei really want to do a league because now that smokez has one for x360a im not sure it needs to at all...... not a big deal

Smokez
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Can Someone Please Remind me who the 05 World Series? l Cant Seem to Remember :)

Shaaady Souljah
02-18-2007, 10:46 PM
05 was the fuckin white sox! BOOOOOOO!!!!...

06 was the Cardinals... eh... OK.

was that the kinda answer you were digging for? :p

Smokez
02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Haha Kinda. But the whole BOOOOO thing, well that was wrong. lts YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

lm a Huge Sox fan and i wish they didnt get rid or Frank or Magglio bc he was my favorite player. But l guess it was for the best because the next season they won and had the MVP

Shaaady Souljah
02-19-2007, 11:34 PM
this should be fun then. Twins vs. Sox. ;)

all i gotta say is MVP +Cy Young + Batting Champ is great, but it is nothin like a RING. :(

maybe next year as they say... :p

IMportdreams95
02-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Haha Kinda. But the whole BOOOOO thing, well that was wrong. lts YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

lm a Huge Sox fan and i wish they didnt get rid or Frank or Magglio bc he was my favorite player. But l guess it was for the best because the next season they won and had the MVP

Big White sox fan! Wow your in for some trouble this year. 1) Cubs have a hell of a new coach. 2) 125 Mil on Soriano, Prior is healty, Lee is healty. You got some trouble in Chi-Town.

Now onto the only Sox that matter, The Redsox. I've got 3 words for you. 'Big Papi" & "Matsuzaka". Not to mention Varitek ; Ramirez ; Crisp ;Drew ; and Schilling!

Yankees Suck, Johnny Damon Swallows! :eek:

Smokez
02-20-2007, 02:35 AM
l hate the Cubs. Lou is a good coach and Wood haha got hurt by falling outta a Hot Tub. lf Wood and Prior Lasts the whole season i will be very very suprised. And Yes the Twins vs White Sox will good this year just like always. Hopefully Buerhle figures out what was wrong and they let Contreras pitch like he wants instead of trying to change the delievery. But we Also got Toby Hall this year and John Garland will probly have another great season

Smokez
02-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Okay so we need 3 players and the draft is coming up so if anyone wants to join please join and make a post of who u are. lf we dont have 3 players all i want is 1. lve sent the last 3 people PM's and no Responses.

IMportdreams95
03-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Not sure if any of you remembered, but man my Team doesn't look that bad.

Got the guy i wanted :
Adam Lind (went to HS with him, you will be suprised what he does)
Curt Schilling
Manny Ramírez (hellz yeah)
Carlos Delgado
David Wright (looking for his HR power this year)
Eric Chávez
Aramis Ramírez (best cubs player IMO)
Édgar Rentería
Marcus Giles
Justin Verlander

really can't hate on anyone i got. Solid team.

I've got some trades going out to you guys. Let me know whats up. VIA PM

Bolt
03-04-2007, 03:27 AM
damn, i missed it

Krazie
03-04-2007, 06:25 AM
My team is solid, and I didnt even get a chance to set my pre-picks!

I got quality at every position! One of the most, if not the most reliable catchers in the league, if somebody needs a 1B, get at me because i have arguably 3 of the top 5 first basemen in the entire league, lol.. Dan Uggla, although no Chase Utley is a very quality start at second base, I have Troy Glaus who is a great start for either 3B or SS. Third Base might need an upgrade down the road.. SP and RP I will be good on, Chris Carpenter heading my squad is GREAT, and with the depth of the waiver wire for pitchers, I'm good to go..

If anyone wants someone on my squad, the positions I can use an upgrade for are OF, 3B, and SS only..

Shaaady Souljah
03-04-2007, 06:29 AM
damn. i hate gettin autodrafted... i thought i read somewhere that you changed the draft to the 10th. oh well... i suppose the transactions during the year matter most.

i never do good when i get autodrafted, but we will see how it goes i suppose ;)

Cyrex
03-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Not sure if any of you remembered, but man my Team doesn't look that bad.

Got the guy i wanted :
Adam Lind (went to HS with him, you will be suprised what he does)
Curt Schilling
Manny Ramírez (hellz yeah)
Carlos Delgado
David Wright (looking for his HR power this year)
Eric Chávez
Aramis Ramírez (best cubs player IMO)
Édgar Rentería
Marcus Giles
Justin Verlander

really can't hate on anyone i got. Solid team.

I've got some trades going out to you guys. Let me know whats up. VIA PM

how come you got 3 3rd basemen

IMportdreams95
03-04-2007, 03:30 PM
how come you got 3 3rd basemen

B/c thats what the auto draft gave me and i haven't been able to trade yet. I've got some players droping and adding mon.

Cause
03-05-2007, 03:14 AM
Ya ll just wait my team is going to surprise a lot of people.

Cyrex
03-06-2007, 01:37 AM
sent some trades out so people check your teams to turn down trades if you don't like them, so we can retry them wit different players

Grim Reeper
03-06-2007, 05:56 AM
shit I had a whole projected lineup but I thought we were starting once full......damn my team sucks!

Cyrex
03-06-2007, 04:08 PM
ya reeper what was wrong with trade i proposed, you would get jose reyes

Krazie
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
The best thing about Fantasy Baseball is it uses the most strategy of any fantasy sport. You cant win a football league with an average team, but you can win a baseball league with an average team if you know how to utilize your players, when to make moves, etc.

The waiver wire is so deep, last night I picked up pitchers that have no business ever being in the free agent pool, i dont like that idea, i wish we had a couple more teams..

Smokez
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
yeah i picked up 2 people as well and was suprised i didnt get my number 1 pick but i got my number 3

Cyrex
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
ya smokez you stole my number 1 in beckett

Cause
03-07-2007, 01:54 AM
ya smokez you stole my number 1 in beckett
No i got josh beckett

IMportdreams95
03-07-2007, 02:07 AM
[quote=Smokez;204684 was suprised i didnt get my number 1 pick but i got my number 3[/quote]

I got my number one pick, but thats because nobody knows who he is. And no one wanted him. lol

Krazie
03-07-2007, 02:13 AM
I got my number one pick, but thats because nobody knows who he is. And no one wanted him. lol

I still scratch my head at that considering you coulda got him with your very last pick, lol..

Cause
03-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Ill tell you one thing though. Damn you guy stole all the good outfielders. I can't find nobody for my bench.

AOS Puck
03-07-2007, 06:12 AM

I knew who he was, but no one in their right mind (except you :P ) would waste a first round pick on a minor leaguer. :)

IMportdreams95
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I knew who he was, but no one in their right mind (except you :P ) would waste a first round pick on a minor leaguer. :)

How the hell did you know who he was. Also he isn't a minor leaguer. He got called up late last year (sept) and played a few games. Although he may start out in the minors this year (not sure yet) he deserves to be in the Bigs.

I still scratch my head at that considering you coulda got him with your very last pick, lol..

Because Baseball is my fav sport, I have people i like over people that are good. I enjoy playing fantasy and don't care if i win. Just want people i like on my team. If i had 95% Yankeee players i would get rid of them for the worst players if i had to. I hate the Yankees. anyways what im saying is, im playing for fun. Seeing how well the guys i like can do.. Not seeing how well i can do in the competition.

AOS Puck
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
How the hell did you know who he was. Also he isn't a minor leaguer. He got called up late last year (sept) and played a few games. Although he may start out in the minors this year (not sure yet) he deserves to be in the Bigs.

I follow baseball and I tend to hear about players who get called up during the roster expansions and proceed to tear it up. I'm always on the lookout for players for the next season.

As of this point, he is going to start at Triple-A Syracuse and will unfortunately toil there until one of Toronto's starters gets injured. Got to feel bad for the guy though when your manager tells you that Matt Stairs is better than you.

Cyrex
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
ya i know what you are saying puck, there is a guy in my HS and he is the top ranked recruit in the country for pitching, he's going to UCONN on a full boat scholarship and throws 97 (was at a friends and he hit me, IT FUCKING HURT)

but import...............YANKEES SUCK, BAHSTIN ALL THE WAY

Krazie
03-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Because Baseball is my fav sport, I have people i like over people that are good. I enjoy playing fantasy and don't care if i win. Just want people i like on my team. If i had 95% Yankeee players i would get rid of them for the worst players if i had to. I hate the Yankees. anyways what im saying is, im playing for fun. Seeing how well the guys i like can do.. Not seeing how well i can do in the competition.

Yes sir, but you coulda picked him off of Free Agency and still coulda had Pujols ;P

Shaaady Souljah
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes sir, but you coulda picked him off of Free Agency and still coulda had Pujols ;P

yeah but then my autodrafted team could not have him. ;)

i will see you on the field Krazie... first week. ITS ON. :p

Smokez
03-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah IMport i also go for my Favorite players which why my Team is almost all White Sox Players and then a few i like. l Wish i got Jenks but someone got him first grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Grim Reeper
03-12-2007, 03:01 AM
I sent you a trade, Im not a fan of bobby jenks at all...send a counter if you want!

Also, chuck A-rod for Reyes straight up?? im down for that if you are. I like Alex but Jose Reyes is by far my favorite player in the league. Send an offer!

Cause
03-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Ya ll know that's funny that everybody knows a major league in here. I played all star baseball in Massachusetts for years with a La dodger prospect (and billionaire now ) Matt white. Were im from in massachusetts is a hot bed for major leaguers. We had gm DAN Duckett. Jeff reardon, turk wendell, etc... I mean not really home names but they were good for a time. I would pick white up for my fantasy team but he probley going to be in the bull pen so it ant worth it.

AOS Puck
04-02-2007, 04:09 PM
The season actually started yesterday, but good luck to everyone and lets have a fun league.

On a side note, who expected Adam Lind to start in the minors?? Oh wait, I did. ;)

Krazie
04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
You guys are in trouble this season!! We're gonna make this a regular thing from now on for baseball, football, and basketball each year..

Cyrex
04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
not basketball,

its not very fun, im definatly in for baseball and football

AOS Puck
04-02-2007, 07:14 PM
What, no hockey!?!?!?! :mad:

Just kidding, we already know that no one likes hockey. ;)

P.S. I'm down for baseball, football, and basketball in the future.

Krazie
04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
not basketball,

its not very fun, im definatly in for baseball and football

Kinda late reply, but what're you talkin about? Fantasy Basketball is GREAT, probably the most strategic of any fantasy sport, IMO..

And Puck, DAMN man, our pitching is going off this week! What a duel! May the best man win :p

AOS Puck
04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Kinda late reply, but what're you talkin about? Fantasy Basketball is GREAT, probably the most strategic of any fantasy sport, IMO..

And Puck, DAMN man, our pitching is going off this week! What a duel! May the best man win :p

Tell me about it. Man, I wish I had Felix though, that kid is such a stud. He will improve even more once the Mariners take the leash off his curveball.

Krazie
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Tell me about it. Man, I wish I had Felix though, that kid is such a stud. He will improve even more once the Mariners take the leash off his curveball.

Yea man, he's absolutely sick! Let's see if he can hold this form all year long..

Smokez
05-02-2007, 04:30 AM
My Team is doing bad, Even tho its pretty much 80% of the CWS

Krazie
05-04-2007, 04:46 AM
My team looks pretty good to me on paper, but they havent been doing too well as a whole. Thats what you get when you let a computer draft you a team, lol. All the teams that IVE drafted are doing really well right now!

Hulking Bubba65
06-01-2007, 02:35 AM
yea, in the future i may be up for some football basketball and hopefully baseball next season.......

Cyrex
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Hell ya i won. I beat cause in the final round to pull out the win. I know that it was not even remotely close to what a real baseball league should be but with that point aside I WON.

i just wanted to brag a little. Seasons over anyways

Shaaady Souljah
10-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Hell ya i won. I beat cause in the final round to pull out the win. I know that it was not even remotely close to what a real baseball league should be but with that point aside I WON.

i just wanted to brag a little. Seasons over anyways

Congrats, man. ;)

I am sure next year will be much better--I know I will actually play and draft... The football is going great so far; hopefully in the other football league as well.

Keep an eye out for Krazie to start this up again next year... Until then... ENJOY THE PLAYOFFS! ;)