PDA

View Full Version : Gain Levels & More Points?

tally2425
10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Well had a look on the Borderlands website today and i couldnt find any information on gaining levels and earning extra points, I could only find the 'skill tree' Which you get a total of 46 point.

Many of you on here have more of a clue than me so i thought id ask as i no gaining levels and points is a must in this game, It looks amazing!.

So can anyone please tell me if you can gain levels and points?

Borderlands Website: www.borderlandsthegame.com (http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/)

Tally.

neok182
10-13-2009, 06:28 PM
the skill tree shows on the bottom the required level.

The 45 points are when you reach level 50. You get a certain amount of points each level. And it takes 100 hours to reach level 50.

it's unknown if you can earn extra points in anyway.

xhunterrrr
10-14-2009, 12:56 AM
If I remember correctly, you get your first point when you hit level 5 and you get one every level. The level cap is 50, but it will take a good amount of time to hit level 50.

tally2425
10-14-2009, 06:13 AM
the skill tree shows on the bottom the required level.

The 45 points are when you reach level 50. You get a certain amount of points each level. And it takes 100 hours to reach level 50.

it's unknown if you can earn extra points in anyway.
If I remember correctly, you get your first point when you hit level 5 and you get one every level. The level cap is 50, but it will take a good amount of time to hit level 50.

Cheers boys, I had a look at the Achievements on this and it does say level 50 which is good! Nice to know it takes a long time to get it.

So i take it you can max out your skill points then?

neok182
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
you only get 45. so you gotta spread them around but you can't max out all your skills. You gotta pick and choose which ones you want.

It's not like fallout 3 where by level 20 you can be maxed. Borderlands actually takes a lot of thinking with your skills.

xhunterrrr
10-14-2009, 12:24 PM
The best thing to compare it to is WoW. In WoW, you get a point every time you level up starting at level 10. However, you have way more skills in the skills tree than compared to that number of points you get. So you can only max out a few skills or spread the point all over. Your choice.

chicaqo
10-15-2009, 02:35 AM
in borderlands will you be able to reset your talents liek in WoW?

neok182
10-15-2009, 02:43 PM
yes, at any of the save stations you can completely wipe your stats and rearrange them anyway you want.

getting your ass kicked, move some to health, not taking any damage, move some to attack. From what i've seen it's incredibly simple to do.

You can also change your characters colors at anytime in the game as well at those same spots.

But again, it's only at the save spots, you can't do it just while your out in the world.

chicaqo
10-17-2009, 11:21 PM
ok thanks i was hoping you would be able to

McApree
10-18-2009, 04:37 AM
Does anyone know if the announced expansion will let you gain anymore skill points? That would be good to here. ALso, how many expansions are planned?

neok182
10-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Does anyone know if the announced expansion will let you gain anymore skill points? That would be good to here. ALso, how many expansions are planned?

1st ?: Don't know yet. Would be nice but i kinda doubt it. Gearbox hasn't said anything other than the name and price so we'll find out a bit more over the next few weeks.

2nd ?: Again, don't know yet. Gearbox has said that they have a lot of ideas for DLC/Sequels so depending on how well the game goes a sequel could be go this year and we might only see 2-3 DLC items.

or they might hold off on a sequel and give us a whole bunch of DLC. If i had to guess though. I'd say 3-5 pieces of DLC.

ThunderStorm101
10-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Better the game does the more DLC we will get,

After the Zombie Island DLC, we wont see anymore this side of christmas, so i recon if we did get anymore it would be mid/late January

rubiq
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Played so far for probably ten hours so far and im only level 16 so far.

Plenty of leveling up time left yet as each level takes longer to achieve

xx_0_0_xx
10-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Im complete the game - where im find lever for more exp? I reading on other site, game has randomly generated level - i dont see anyone. Killing guys im got only 10xp,etc.

rubiq
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
You get min 25exp for running over the scrags each.. ?:confused:

xhunterrrr
10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Im complete the game - where im find lever for more exp? I reading on other site, game has randomly generated level - i dont see anyone. Killing guys im got only 10xp,etc.

If you actually completed the game, start over. Everything will scale to your level.

xx_0_0_xx
10-19-2009, 06:50 AM
If you actually completed the game, start over. Everything will scale to your level.
Nice, first i must complete my few sidequest and Playtrough 2 welcome :)
Ps. Im playing Soldier 37lvl- if a change character to other i got 1 lvl or my 37?

neok182
10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Nice, first i must complete my few sidequest and Playtrough 2 welcome :)
Ps. Im playing Soldier 37lvl- if a change character to other i got 1 lvl or my 37?

New game plus will let you keep your level 37 soldier with all his items

if you start a new character you'll be back at level 1.