PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Origins - Character Creator released

Ackis
10-13-2009, 05:54 PM
If you upload a character before the release date you get a code for an item:
This old stone, set in a golden ring, has been an aid and companion to dozens of adventurers across innumerable years. Its trip to Ferelden was long and convoluted. Some say it has a life of its own.
Stats:
~ Adds +1 to all all stats.

http://blog.bioware.com/2009/10/13/character-creator-and-the-bioware-social-network/

Dave of Canada
10-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately, it's for PC-users only.

EDIT:

The creator I meant, the ring can be gotten for both 360 and PC.

NateTraveller
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Well, I've done it but when will you get the code? Is it something that came directly or is it something that should come as soon as the character is listed?

Dave of Canada
10-14-2009, 08:12 PM
From what was said on the Bioware forums, you need to link your Gamertag/PSN to your EA account, but I have no idea how to do that.

XXII Death IIXX
10-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Once you play the game while logged on to live; assuming you signed up for the social site with the same email as your gamer-tag. You will receive the ring, just like the Fable flash game items.

eviltb
10-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Very nice, will be on this later. 300mb download so maybe not at work hehehe :D

NateTraveller
10-15-2009, 06:09 PM
From what was said on the Bioware forums, you need to link your Gamertag/PSN to your EA account, but I have no idea how to do that.

Okay. I thought I tried that earlier but failed. I have to look into it.

Once you play the game while logged on to live; assuming you signed up for the social site with the same email as your gamer-tag. You will receive the ring, just like the Fable flash game items.

That sounds good - hopefully without linking the Gamertag to the EA Account, but I probably think that you will have to do it. Just so that they can sense if you registered your character on the site.

XXII Death IIXX
10-16-2009, 12:52 AM
That sounds good - hopefully without linking the Gamertag to the EA Account, but I probably think that you will have to do it. Just so that they can sense if you registered your character on the site.
Not exactly sure about how it is going to work now... There are conflicting stories on the official forums now, with some people getting email notifications. But even those people said they did not get a code for download.

XXII Death IIXX
10-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I found this. http://greywardens.com/overview/
Important Note: Regarding the promo item you get when uploading your character – or any DLC code you get such as other retailer items, The Stone Prisoner, etc – these are all tied to the new social networks account, based on the email address and password used.

Make sure you are logging into the right account that you’d like that content associated with. In other words, if you had to create a new account to get in initially, just make sure that in the end you associate your current forum account from here, with the email address you want to have content associated with. And always use that email/pwd when you are redeeming codes or uploading characters.

With respect to the actual Character Creator item (http://greywardens.com/overview/luckystone/) – this one is done in a way such that no code is even needed. Just log into the game with the same account you used in Character Creator (or Social) and the item will be there waiting for you.

NateTraveller
10-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanx for the clarification!

Takatori
10-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I just went through my character creation, and looked through my account on the character profile site. On the left there is a sidebar with several links to set up your account. Under Profile > Register Games > Dragon Age: Origins Xbox 360, click the link that says 'Click here to register game' It will take you to a page which requires a code that is suppose to be on the outside of the box.... I just kinda hope it's INSIDE rather outside, otherwise there could be a lot of invalid codes by the time people get their copies from other people stealing them from the outside of the box.

Either way I think that's how you link your Gamertag to your Character Profile account, at least somehow.

Ackis
10-28-2009, 03:53 PM
https://profile.ea.com/

Go to the add persona down at the bottom.

Select XBox GamerTag

Add it in.

Check your e-mail.

Profit.

Twilight Now
11-01-2009, 04:40 AM
I just went through my character creation, and looked through my account on the character profile site. On the left there is a sidebar with several links to set up your account. Under Profile > Register Games > Dragon Age: Origins Xbox 360, click the link that says 'Click here to register game' It will take you to a page which requires a code that is suppose to be on the outside of the box.... I just kinda hope it's INSIDE rather outside, otherwise there could be a lot of invalid codes by the time people get their copies from other people stealing them from the outside of the box.

Either way I think that's how you link your Gamertag to your Character Profile account, at least somehow.

Hehe. The code you use to register your 360 copy of the game is just the standard UPC code found on any product available in stores. ;)

I registered on Bioware's social site by using my EA account - which already was linked to my Gamertag. So my advice is to perhaps see if you have an EA account already and use that.

AboveHunter
11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
i can't get to my profile at all it says there are missing things and the only missing thing is my gamer tag great im screwed out of alot good content ;.;