PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about the ending

toonsage
10-14-2009, 07:10 AM
so I just beat the game and I though the ending was great imo ^.^ just wondering what everyone else thought about it

Sporty Flea
10-14-2009, 07:25 AM
so I just beat the game and I though the ending was great imo ^.^ just wondering what everyone else thought about it

two words, and I guess one number. Brutal Legend 2

SupremeRapier
10-14-2009, 07:39 AM
yeah, I'm not surprised that there will be a sequel lol

toonsage
10-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Oh that would be so awesome ^.^ I hope there is

Skyler0
10-14-2009, 12:22 PM
SPOILERS----

I thought the ending was kinda lame with the whole 'I knew that wasn't you' and *PLUCK* Back to normal. No explanation or anything, it just was. Other then that little part, the ending was pretty bad ass. Deeeeeeeeeecapitation

xJollyLlama
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I almost cried when he repeated what he said in the beginning about roadies being there, and when you don't know it.. They're already gone.. I seriously shed a tear.

toonsage
10-14-2009, 06:10 PM
SPOILERS----

I thought the ending was kinda lame with the whole 'I knew that wasn't you' and *PLUCK* Back to normal. No explanation or anything, it just was. Other then that little part, the ending was pretty bad ass. Deeeeeeeeeecapitation
oh man i thought that was the funniest scremo warcry ever, jack black ftw =P

I almost cried when he repeated what he said in the beginning about roadies being there, and when you don't know it.. They're already gone.. I seriously shed a tear.
yea man that part had me like aww...T.T the same for when ophelia went rogue and evil i was like nnnnnnnnooooooo T.T and i was upset when she "died" but me personally i like happy endings so i was happy an shed some tears when they got back together ^.^
overall i enjoyed this game a lot ^.^

SiftRock
10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
When the demo got released, I had a friend of mine try it out, he found it hilarious and from that point on he yelled "DECAPITATIOOOOOOOAAAWN!~" whenever the game was mentioned, to the point where I thought I hated that scene cause I heard it to much.
When Jack did his fucking crazy ass blood drenched version of it I fell in love with it again, eagerly awaiting my friend to get to that point

Six to Eight
10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Not sure how a girl unconscious underwater survived... woke up in the middle of being dragged to the surface and then proceeded to save Riggs, other than that yea pretty good.

BGSS
10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't see how it set up for a sequel at all. Sure they could come up with a whole new plot, but all loose ends in this storyline are all wrapped up. Someone care to explain?

toonsage
10-15-2009, 05:08 AM
the tear bro says all ^.^ lulz i dont either but hey i would love to see it

ToeFurB
10-15-2009, 05:40 AM
I don't think they'll do a sequel. If they do it just won't have the same feeling that this one did. It'll just seemed forced and unexciting. But they did leave room to make another one if they choose too.

toonsage
10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't think they'll do a sequel. If they do it just won't have the same feeling that this one did. It'll just seemed forced and unexciting. But they did leave room to make another one if they choose too.
i wouldnt say it would be forced should they make a sequel, if anything itll be better as their is more story, you get to see more of the character in more new excursions. like most games have sequels and it usually ends up being good imo

xJollyLlama
10-15-2009, 08:48 AM
i wouldnt say it would be forced should they make a sequel, if anything itll be better as their is more story, you get to see more of the character in more new excursions. like most games have sequels and it usually ends up being good imo Agreed 100%. I'm actually hoping they'll make a sequel.. Continuing into the storyline and such. Maybe make the second game a prequel.. Where you play as Riggnarok (SP?). I think that'd be sweet.

toonsage
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Agreed 100%. I'm actually hoping they'll make a sequel.. Continuing into the storyline and such. Maybe make the second game a prequel.. Where you play as Riggnarok (SP?). I think that'd be sweet.
yay someone agrees with me ^.^ lulz wow that would be badass. i just hope it doesnt take forever i hate waiting =P lulz

darksidecow
10-16-2009, 12:19 PM
they need to imo make one they left it wide open for a sequel and with the game complete mission saying "this brutal world is safe...for now." i would be insulted if they diden't have sequel. oh and i wish they would have had more interaction between riggs and ophilia at the end other then that i loved it. not anything like explicit just you know him talking to her in the final cut scene.

toonsage
10-16-2009, 06:40 PM
they need to imo make one they left it wide open for a sequel and with the game complete mission saying "this brutal world is safe...for now." i would be insulted if they diden't have sequel. oh and i wish they would have had more interaction between riggs and ophilia at the end other then that i loved it. not anything like explicit just you know him talking to her in the final cut scene.
so true, i guess they did that to see if the game does any good, that itll get the sequel, and omg yea i wish they had more interaction between eddie and ophelia, but whatever it was good ^.^ just now we need a sequel, maybe some dlc ^.^ first then the sequel =P

CBG360Mcnugget
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I thought the ending was good so was the whole game in face I hope this game does well and he either do a sequel to this, Psychonauts, or heck Tim Shafer could just make another mind numbingly awesome ip that becomes highly unappreciated.

Voxael
10-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I liked it but I wish they'd spent a little more time foreshadowing the Son of Succoria / Drowned Ophelia twists.

Also, if there isn't a sequel, I'll buy at hat and then eat it.

toonsage
10-17-2009, 02:42 AM
I liked it but I wish they'd spent a little more time foreshadowing the Son of Succoria / Drowned Ophelia twists.

Also, if there isn't a sequel, I'll buy at hat and then eat it.
lmao i would just be upset an sad...and maybe eat a lot of ice cream =P lulz

A Satyr
10-17-2009, 02:48 AM
I thought the Ending was pretty shitty to be honest but the parts during the final battle were great, Decapitatiioooooooooooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!

SupremeRapier
10-17-2009, 03:05 AM
the only thing that I didnt really like about the ending was when eddie left and then it shows ophelia just sitting on that hill which almost gave me the impression that eddie was leaving everyone to go back to his own world and everyone just accepted it but didnt want to say any sad goodbyes. :(

toonsage
10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I thought the Ending was pretty shitty to be honest but the parts during the final battle were great,
Decapitatiioooooooooooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!
well what didnt you like bout the ending? and i loved that part it was hilarious ^.^ and very epic
the only thing that I didnt really like about the ending was when eddie left and then it shows ophelia just sitting on that hill which almost gave me the impression that eddie was leaving everyone to go back to his own world and everyone just accepted it but didnt want to say any sad goodbyes. :(
yea, it was saddening iwas like T.T

stfatherabraham
10-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Not sure how a girl unconscious underwater survived... woke up in the middle of being dragged to the surface and then proceeded to save Riggs, other than that yea pretty good.
The sea, which turns people into emo zombies, is made of the black tears of a woman whose voice nourished a tree that fed the entire world, which consisted of demons.

You're worried about lung capacity?

Darth Cuda
10-18-2009, 12:50 AM

Go back to the hill where she was standing...you can interact with her. I won't spoil the surprise for you.

Dahaka
10-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Go back to the hill where she was standing...you can interact with her. I won't spoil the surprise for you.

Wanna makeout?

Voxael
10-18-2009, 10:19 AM

Really? *runs back to his 360*

Terror_racer_nl
10-18-2009, 11:26 AM

i will make a car for you now :woop::woop::)

toonsage
10-20-2009, 06:04 AM
The sea, which turns people into emo zombies, is made of the black tears of a woman whose voice nourished a tree that fed the entire world, which consisted of demons.

You're worried about lung capacity?
Lmao guessed I overlooked that bit as well =P

hestar
10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
thought the ending was alright,could have been better though.But I liked the game and hopefully there's a sequel :).

JayKwon13
10-20-2009, 12:43 PM
I loved the endig when it had some time to settle in my 'realisation-part of wth had happened' in my brain.

Also I found by myself Ophelia which made the ending even better. However there are more things to the ending me thinks.

After finishing the game you can also find and interact with:

- Lita @ the graveyard, standing @ Lars grave. (there is a Killmaster compagion in the graveyard as well, but he has always been there).
- The Baron in the last area a 100 m's away from the ramp that goes down to the sea of decay.
- The Killmaster's compagnions @ the killmaster's place
- Angus in Bladehenge on top of the huge blade (use the skull-vision things to get a closer look)
- That Amazon chick (forgot her name) @ the temple where you first discover of the existance of Rignarok
- And you can finally join the party for real on the beach where you had to drive the beer to, to celebrate your victory:).

-Also I found out that a headbanger is gathering stones in the mines near the swamp, where you have your first stage battle against Ophelia. I can't interact with him, but his re-edit of the Master Kill's bike you build is pretty bad-ass.

I haven't found the Killmaster himself yet, nor any other interactable units other than the double-team interactions. Would like more of them:). Anyone else find something more?

About the discussion of a sequel, there probably won't come on, as Tim Schafer never makes a sequel he said. Maybe there will come a sequel if Brütal legend becomes a succes, but I doubt it will be developed by Tim Schafer or Double Fine that is.

I do think though that they left the ending a bit open so there's room for DLC, which I would love. Maybe a minor uprising for Deviculus that needs to be repressed (I'm still eager to fight those big bad-ass one-eyed clown dummies of him), or some new characters which entered the the medieval demon world from the future or another world. Enough options anyway, some new wild creatures, another faction. It's all open =).

Also an update on when flying in a stage-battle to select one type of unit a lá Halo Wars would be a nice addition.

stfatherabraham
10-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I haven't found the Killmaster himself yet
As I recall, he's back at his place, playing his bass-harp-thing. If you go to the center of the back wall (don't remember if you can actually see him from that position) and interact, there's a little exchange like "Bass sounds real nice, Kill Master." "Yeh, it always does." Little disappointing, actually.

raybiker73
10-21-2009, 04:33 AM
I loved the endig when it had some time to settle in my 'realisation-part of wth had happened' in my brain.

Also I found by myself Ophelia which made the ending even better. However there are more things to the ending me thinks.

Which hill is Ophelia on? Been cruising around and can't find her anywhere.

Pigletoos
10-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Which hill is Ophelia on? Been cruising around and can't find her anywhere.

She is near the iron cross, kinda around the area where you first meet up with the hunter guy. She is sitting down on a bench, a little hard to spot at first.

xSeifer13x
10-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Personally I think the game is setup for a sequel. This is Tim's baby.

The Black Sea as you will know calls out to you. Such is shown when your driving to the final battle. During Ophelia's sadness I believe the sea also called out to her. Once Ophelia fell into the black tears it grabbed her and then used her image against her former friends. The black tear at the end could have been a tear of happiness showing that the last of the blackness in her had been pushed out.

That's how I took it.

TriRock
10-21-2009, 07:42 PM
As much as I love the game, I would not want to play a sequel. The magic, if you will, of the first time would be gone, and it wouldn't have nearly the same effect. It would only taint the memory of the original.

So make a sequel if you want to, but don't count on me rushing into the store on release day, as I did this time. ;)

Krisko Disko
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
This seems better than starting a new thread, and maybe it's a dumb question, but I destroyed the two heads, was told to come back when I grew a pair as big as my mother's... now what? It's probably obvious, but I'm not seeing it right now.

A Satyr
10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
This seems better than starting a new thread, and maybe it's a dumb question, but I destroyed the two heads, was told to come back when I grew a pair as big as my mother's... now what? It's probably obvious, but I'm not seeing it right now. Drive up into the middle head on the bridge...

Blue Thunder28
10-23-2009, 08:32 AM
This seems better than starting a new thread, and maybe it's a dumb question, but I destroyed the two heads, was told to come back when I grew a pair as big as my mother's... now what? It's probably obvious, but I'm not seeing it right now.

hah I didn't see it very obvious too. Infact I thought I had that typical glitch where as the game doesn't progress when it should so I quit to replay it. I then saw that really quick tip at the bottom for a few seconds that only appears once tell me to drive into the center head. >_<

Loved the ending though. Great game.

CutmanMike
10-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Predicable and a bit cheesy, but that's what you grow to expect from video games. It could have been worse, Lars could have been resurrected which would have nailed it in the cheesy ending coffin but I'm glad they had the balls to keep him dead.

The only other thing that bothered me is the whole demon transformation thing. He gets shot in the back, it effects him every single stage battle but... goes unexplained? Huh. Well I hope sales pick up, I would definitely like to see a sequel. It's strange to get a game these days where the story alone is enough to keep you going :)

raybiker73
10-24-2009, 09:21 AM
The only other thing that bothered me is the whole demon transformation thing. He gets shot in the back, it effects him every single stage battle but... goes unexplained? Huh.

I assumed it was resolved at the end

SPOILER

when it was revealed that Eddie's mother was the demon queen Succoria. I guess he gets it from her side of the family. :)

JayKwon13
10-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I assumed it was resolved at the end

SPOILER

when it was revealed that Eddie's mother was the demon queen Succoria. I guess he gets it from her side of the family. :)

Mjup that's it.

@ stfatherabraham, thanks. A bit dissapointing indeed. Nothing more found to bad. Need 3 more serpents for 100% complete. Nice.

smokestacker
10-24-2009, 03:12 PM
As previously stated: DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
Greatest part of the game. Jack Black should do more games.

eojgodlub
10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
once a roadie always a roadie, lame/funny how he didnt get any credit for doing EVERYTHING lol.

Kahler Hahn
10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
The ending - like the whole plot- was awesome.
but the highlight was the "Mr Crowley cutscene". that one gave me chills