PDA

View Full Version : glitches dirt 2

tommy2trowels
10-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen to them, i was winning a rally cross race online when another car appeared infront of me to go 1st. It did not come past me as it appeared some way ahead of me

GreaseMonkeyGB
10-14-2009, 07:29 PM
hmmm... this happened to me once which i was earlier today. I was winning a trailblazer (about 4 secounds ahead of 2nd) when suddenly they popped up ahead of me. Might be just major lag.

spilner100
10-14-2009, 09:46 PM
lag is the problem, usually its the guy whos car is randomly jumping/flying around

Puppy Machine
10-15-2009, 04:11 PM
lag is the problem, usually its the guy whos car is randomly jumping/flying around

Yeah, it's lag. Happens pretty much in every racing game I've played.

Rifle Elite
10-15-2009, 08:46 PM
There can be 2 explanations:

1) lag. if theres a lot of lag people will lag on your screen and appear to behind you, while infact they are faster then you. In these cases you will lose the race.
2) a pretty weird bug, where people sometimes appear as black dots and are put into first place on the leaderboard, while they really arent in first place. This however doesnt affect the race results, and so, according to the leaderboard on the right side of your screen you could be in 2nd place but still win the game

rudeboyMACKA
10-16-2009, 03:37 PM
ive noticed also, when ive downloaded a few ghosts, that they go well off the beaten track sometimes, taking dodgy shortcuts which i followed on a few times lol.

Rifle Elite
10-16-2009, 06:59 PM
ive noticed also, when ive downloaded a few ghosts, that they go well off the beaten track sometimes, taking dodgy shortcuts which i followed on a few times lol.

Yeah, I remember one time on of my opponents in a Trailblazer race (with staggered starts) did that. There were a lot of hairpins and I ofcourse nicely stayed on the track. Then this guy just cut off every hairpin by just driving in a straight line up the hill.

I was like ''that made no sense'', quit out of the match and started to play Domination again, never doing a trailblazer race again.