PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Freeze Freeze

Suffer27
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah I am still getting major freeze issues?
What can I do? It freezes after strikeouts, it freezes after every inning more or less, and then I have to restart the ole 360.

Help?
Should I just get a new copy of the game?

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
the original thing that fixed the mlb2k6 freeze was weird, but it actualy worked most of the time:

put in a game (besides mlbsk6) and let it load to the title screen. open your 360 and do again with another game, and then a third game all to the title screens. then open the 360 again and put in mlb2k6 and it should work for you. never shut the console off the whole time you do the first 3 games.

i know it sounds weird, but it did worked for me...

Suffer27
02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanx dude.
but if that doesnt, then what?

brsfan22
02-12-2007, 07:47 PM
There was an update for the game that fixed all of the problems that I had with it.

Suffer27
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I guess I missed that update?
I dunno, just kinda freakin out.

The funny thing is people give EA so much crap, but ya know this is prolly the worst baseball game ever.
I wish EA had the baseball liscense. MVP was always good.

Shaaady Souljah
02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
yeah mvp was way better. hopefully it will go back to neither having licensing so both can try their luck at it...

brsfan22
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I would gladly give up the football rights for EA to have basbeball.

Jellius16
02-13-2007, 06:47 AM
if u have ur xbox connected to the internet.. or xbox live.. an update should automatically pop up when u put the game in to play.. they released a patch a bout a month after the game came out to fix the freezing issue

Suffer27
02-13-2007, 03:11 PM
So I tried everything and after the 6th inning it froze as usual.
No patch popped up or anything .... what now?

And yeah, give us back MVP. Even though the head guy from the MVP project is at 2k now and he did 2K7, so lets hope its awesome

Creech
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I borrowed this from a friend yesterday and no update popped for me, but no freezes either. Strange....

I have noticed that most games that freeze up on me are using the hard drive for storage, and I have started using my memory card as the memory for active games and transfering them to the hard drive when I am done. You might see if that helps, assuming you have a memory card.

Suffer27
02-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Well that will be my method tonite, i will use my memory card.
Should i move my saves there?
or start new ones?

Creech
02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Move the saves, you shouldn't have to start over.

Suffer27
02-13-2007, 09:06 PM
thanx a ton
i hope this finally works.
i wanna finish this game already
or at least get thru a season

Jellius16
02-14-2007, 07:52 AM
yeah the memory card thing should DEFINATLY work... i remember back when it was a big issue it was because of the hard drive's cache, or whatever that is.. just like the game using the memory on the hard drive made it freeze.. the patch fixed that.. so the memory card shenanigan should work

Suffer27
02-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Yessum it did.
Thanx to all of you for your help.
May 2K7 be a sweet ass game.

Shizelbs
02-15-2007, 10:42 PM
I have noticed that most games that freeze up on me are using the hard drive for storage, and I have started using my memory card as the memory for active games and transfering them to the hard drive when I am done. You might see if that helps, assuming you have a memory card.

The same thing happens to me with the hard drive on. Only a few of my games actually work with the HD on. I keep it off most of the time now. Regrettably, the games that I need the HD for to download the MP maps, those are some that don't like the HD.

Anyways, I can't believe how lousy of a release this was. I mean, its perhaps the worst game release ever. I like also how they did hardly any updating from last years version, which in my opinion, was horrible. I hope they lose their exclusive license and we can go back to playing MVP.