PDA

View Full Version : How Good is this game?

sniXen
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
is this game much better then "tale of vesperia" or "star ocean" ?

iNf3Rn0 Lan
10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Better than Tales? No. Better than Star Ocean? I would say I'm not sure--I personally like them about the same. However I could deal with many of the problems people had with SO and there aren't most of those problems in this game.

If you like RPGs a lot I say you get this game. I love it!

Rabbit
10-15-2009, 03:27 AM
I'm in love with this game like i was lost odyssey

DarkestHour00
10-15-2009, 12:52 PM
What would you guys say about the difficulty? Any level grinding needed?

The Pants Party
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
It's extremely easy. I didn't get a game over once on my first save file and I was on Disc 2. The only hard part is making sure you don't miss anything for achievements if you're into that. Which of course I did and had to start over. :p

Vivi
10-15-2009, 09:19 PM
No level grinding needed.unless you want to get all of the max out characters weapon achievements in one playthru.

Illuminatus V
10-21-2009, 06:01 PM
In my opinion it is on par with Lost Odyssey, better than Star Ocean.

Destiny900
10-22-2009, 07:10 PM
To me it is better that Star Ocean but it feels like Lost Odyssey. Its easy and no level grinding is necessary. You can pretty much breeze through the monster with the DLC weapons. The only thing you have to worry about is the possibility of missing something is you're not following a guide.

EikoAtoride
10-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I am truly disappointed with the game. The first part (on PS2 as I never saw the original PC game) was way better (imho) due to controls (they made it kind of unique). I also prefered the visual style of "Tears of Blood".

But this one here only is a pretty average RPG when it comes to story and battle system and visual style/graphics. But I am currently in the mood for it so I play it anyways. I am also a bit tired of listening to Johnny Y. Bosh as I already played most of "his" last games (P4, Last Remnant, Dissidia) very currently - he is very good but... Anyways, as I already said, I am in the mood for the art style of Kim H. T. so hopefully there'll be more of it soon. Maybe I'll shift back to "Tears of Blood" after finishing.

It's just such an average story in the beginning. How to explain a mysterious power better than with lost memories. Lost memories always explain something like that - even in "Knights of the Old Republic". Someone dear dies and in order to revenge the main hero joins war. What a pain. A slow beginning still ruins a game for me and later improvements must be awesome to make up for it. I like to compare it to Infinite Undiscovery. :rolleyes:

ViRaLuNdEaD
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Can someone give me a good description of the battle system? Is it more akin to LO where you are in a fixed location/perspective, or is it more like SO or ES, where you can run around and attack in real time?

lordrex217
10-27-2009, 06:00 PM
the battle system was almost exactly like final fantasy xii. the monsters are on the field and you can choose to battle them, or run past them.

Tyger7
10-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Better than Star Ocean? WHAT!? Star Ocean was awesome! So far this game feels like infinite undiscovery.

CoregBlue1
10-27-2009, 10:48 PM
its in my opinion better than star ocean but not better than tales.

I would place it 2nd. ^^

FaTaL EFX
10-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Better than Star Ocean? WHAT!? Star Ocean was awesome! .

Star Ocean was terrible...

Anyway, this game is very good - better than Infinite Undiscovery or Star Ocean : TLH easily.

As for Tales of Vesperia - I personally prefer it, mainly because I thought Tales had a terrible plot and a boring battle system.

MKBound
10-28-2009, 07:45 PM
SO4 sucks monkey balls compared to this....granted both have a high pitched annoying character but this is wayyyy better than SO4 and the first MC by far. For me if I were to rate this between the rpgs I have played it would be. MC2, ToV, LO, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, THEN SO4

Gilganomics
10-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Are your teamates as annoying as the ones in Star Ocean?
And what popular JRPG's story line isn't repetitive (apart from Persona...I guess)

Off-topic much:
To all you lovers of the recent SO, Star Ocean: The Second Story is my favorite RPG...period. My problem with the recent one (and to a lesser extent, the PS2 game) is how much cornier the characters seem to be once I actually have to listen to them and look at their pretty boy, baby doll 3-D models. I realize this is common, but it shouldn't have to be.

MKBound
10-29-2009, 02:04 AM
There is only one annoying character in this game and that would be Celestine. Only reason shes annoying is because she has the same voice as Sarah did in SO4. Whiny and high pitched. Makes ya wonder if the voice actor that did Sarah's voice also did Celestine's. Any one know if they are indeed the same?

Rum Master
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
in not sure but all i know is i had to turn my volume down when Celestine was talking as she gave me a headache although i found the majority of the character were well done personally i tried star ocean on my other account and couldnt get into it i did like the gameplay on star oceon though think it was the story and characters that i wasnt to keen on