PDA

View Full Version : "The game appears to be unavailable..."

CGPsaint
10-17-2009, 02:06 AM
WTF? I mean seriously, this game has been out for quite some time, you would imagine they would have all the kinks worked out. Does anyone know what causes this or if it's just me? I have a serious Battlefield itch and this is the only game that will cure it, so any info at all would be great!

PS - NO, it is not herpes! Let's just get that out of the way now...

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
10-17-2009, 02:20 AM
What do you mean it's unavailable? It won't let you download it or something?

Because I was planning on buying the game after I finish CoD3..

:rant:

Coadster1
10-17-2009, 02:22 AM
What do you mean it's unavailable? It won't let you download it or something?

Because I was planning on buying the game after I finish CoD3..

:rant:

No, it's still available. He must be talking about some glitch or lag that happens when he plays. :confused:

CGPsaint
10-17-2009, 04:01 AM
This is the message that I have been getting all day when I try to join matches. I'm calling it a day. I'll try again in the morning.

Shelton
10-17-2009, 10:39 AM
It happens. EA servers are shit. Only thing you can do is wait it out. Take note, if this occurs on a Tuesday, it could be down to maintenance as that is when it takes place.

CGPsaint
10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info Shelton. I seem to recall there being massive server issues when the game first launched, but that was quite a long time ago. I have never been a fan of EA, and it's the little things like this that solidify that decision. Do you remember the original Mercenaries game on Xbox? It was developed by Pandemic and published by Lucas Arts. The game was pretty f'ing brilliant and quickly became one of my favorites. Guess what? EA got their hands on Mercenaries 2 and it is one of the buggiest games on Xbox 360. Coincidence? I think not!

Harry Lloyd
10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm getting this from time to time. Usually after a few tries it finally connects to a game.

CGPsaint
10-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm getting this from time to time. Usually after a few tries it finally connects to a game.

I would like to be able to play with some friends of mine, but after an hour of trying today, I finally said F you EA and turned my 360 off. It is absolute BS that I can never play this game when I want to. I refuse to make sacrificial offerings just so that I can play a game. I went to EA's website and even though a know that I am pissing in the wind, I told them that either they find a way for people to be able to play or I want a full refund for my game. This is not an Xbox 360 error, it's an EA error. Like I said, I doubt they will issue a refund, but damnit I'm going to try.

GonzoPoopsmith
10-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I've just come to expect this from EA. Battlefield: Bad Company has the same issue, as well. The only thing you can do is wait it out, I guess, because they still haven't fully fixed it for BC, so I doubt we'll ever get this taken care of.

CGPsaint
10-22-2009, 10:32 PM
EA sucks balls! Hmm, that made me feel better. EA sucks balls... getting better...

EA SUCKS BALLS!

Damn, now I don't care anymore. At least I'm not like EA. I don't suck balls!

:uzi: EA

Ulquiorra14405
10-28-2009, 02:48 AM
it really sad they haven't fixed server issues yet...its been out for quite a while...its not like their working on more content for it to be too busy lol....i've been unable to get a match for 3 days now

Skid Row Trash
11-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I play a lot, a every now and then this happens. I don't know what to do because I am an addict and need to play some 1943!!! Help!
Currently, I haven't been able to connect at all in the past 3 hours. It hurts

intoxicated662
12-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey i'm trying to get on right now and play a quick match but no luck. I am getting the same message as you too. It says Please wait, joining game then it pops up with another message stating "the game appears to be unavailable, please try again." Damn ea sucks that is why I refuse to buy any future game they release on the arcade marketplace. I read in the fine print on another game they made stating they have the right to pull the plug on any game at any time as far as the online portion..think it was 3 on 3 nhl arcade not sure but I recall reading it. Maybe that is what happened now and it sucks. Out of $15 and the game's only been out a few months.

CGPsaint
12-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I haven't had as many issues getting into games lately. It's probably because everyone is playing Modern Warfare 2 now... you know, a game not published by EA!

Darsh
12-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Add me to the list. I bought the game last week and really like it a lot. I talked a friend of mine into buying it and neither one of us have been able to join a game since last Saturday night! F EA.

Whistler
01-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I got this 15 times in a row, then I exit the game and started it again and got in on my first try. So might be a solution or it was just luck.

heiliger_geist
01-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Check your NAT settings, that may be the problem here.
Go to "Network Settings" in the Xbox menu and choos the "Xbox Live Test". If it says you have minor problems you should go and open Xbox Live ports.

12ozkrue
01-03-2010, 12:57 AM
ive been running into the same problem on only this and not BC...since i got this on the holiday special it's been buggy =/

REN3GADE
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
ive been running into the same problem on only this and not BC...since i got this on the holiday special it's been buggy =/

Same here...

Tried to play BF:1943 all night, no luck...

But BF:BC worked just fine, no lag...

F'ed up thing abt it is I had somebody on my friends list playin BF:1943 ranked..? F*** EA. Shitty servers that eventually get completely closed.

You should all check EA's list of games' servers they are closing in February... There's a TON

EDIT: Finally got into a game after I posted this lol.