PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Xbox

graemelunn
02-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Just curious - did any of you have any issues with your xbox freezing when playing Prey's campaign mode? I only ask as it's done it 9 times in 5 hours now & it doesn't seem to happen on any other title so I'm hoping you can reassure me it's not my Xbox (poor little launch model).

Smokez
02-13-2007, 09:21 AM
When i played the game i never had a problem with it. Maybe it just might be a bad disc

Mulsiphix
02-15-2007, 09:58 AM
My Xbox is pretty new and Prey is my first rental. I played through the campaign with it only freezing once but I had some more freezing occurances during online play. Because it is so new I took it back to Walmart, exchanged it for a new one, and the first time I played it the game froze again.

Not sure if it is Prey or this disc though. The disc has several scratches. I don't think it was the scratches though as I think I would have had trouble during the campaign if they were bad enough to cause multiple freezes during online play.

I've had similar issues with Call of Duty 3 and Doom. With Doom it was only during Online play though. Unlocking Doom's online achievements was a Nitemare.

Zef
02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I would only freeze in campaign if I was doing certain things. It would freeze almost on command if I was firing certain guns whilst going through portals, or if I killed enemies with the rocket launcher and there were more than one in the room.

It didn't quite freeze as much as COD3 though, but still annoying.

Drewdude1023
02-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I dont think it froze at all for me. I don't rememeber cause its been a while since ive played the campaign. YOu either ahve a bad disc on your 360 is overheatted possibly. Not sure though.

Mulsiphix
02-16-2007, 01:41 AM
It froze once again for me during online play today. I loved the game so much I went out and bought it. This disc is flawless. If this one messes up on me I will post here and probably invest in a cooler. That is the only other thing I can think of that might be causing the freezing. :confused:

JC Elite
02-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I just played through the whole game and it never froze on me once. Who knows with these 360's though? They all seem to have a personality of their own.

Mulsiphix
02-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Who knows with these 360's though? They all seem to have a personality of their own.That is very sad but oh so true :(

JC Elite
02-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I had my first one for two weeks and it went belly-up on me. Then they sent me a brand new one and I haven't had any problems with this one (knock on wood)........so far. But this one is louder than the first one. Go figure.

soflyinMS
02-27-2007, 05:58 AM
my xbox froze today on me while playing prey.I can't say that it hasn't froze on other games as well though.I hope I don't have to send my xbox in for repair. I would have withdrawels.

Mulsiphix
02-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I would have withdrawels.Your not alone :eek:.

DaedHead88
03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I had some trouble with this game as well. I bought it used, the disc was in average to good condition. Some minor scuffs etc. At the end of one mission, I beat all the enemies and a portal was supposed to spawn but it didn't so I had to load an old save and play through it again to make it work. Then on the boss fight ::Spoiler alert:: with jen ::spoiler alert:: it froze just as I got the finishing blow in.

KindCandy
03-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey ..... Count me in , lol
actually i never played prey and i dont want to play it if it freezez , my console freezes on graw2 in campaign mode 2nd mission i dont know whats wrong weather its a console problem or bad disk , well disk is scratch less but still its he disk problem i guess coz my xbox never freezed before and its like 5 or 6 months i bought it.

Mulsiphix
03-20-2007, 02:45 AM
It would seem that most 360s seem to have personalities. Just because "Xbox 1" doesn't freeze when playing Call of Duty 3 doesn't meant that "Xbox 2" won't have issues. One thing I see regularly on forums is when somebody reposts freezing issues with a game there are always a handful of people who have the same problem and another handful of people who have never had any issues. Just one of the things you have to put up with when owning a 360 :(.

Illution
03-20-2007, 04:43 AM
I had it freeze once. It was after one of the chapters on cherokee and I was pretty pissed. I just took it back and got a new disc and all was well.

InsaneGamer94
03-20-2007, 05:02 AM
is this about your xbox freezing or a game?:confused: