PDA

View Full Version : thinking of buying this

mmartynn
10-17-2009, 07:03 PM
not to sure if i want this yet. i know it have like 87 billion guns but im not convinced.
is it worth buyin?
can i customize guns, armour, charicter?
what else would make it worth buying?
thanks in advance

xhunterrrr
10-17-2009, 07:09 PM
not to sure if i want this yet. i know it have like 87 billion guns but im not convinced.
is it worth buyin?
can i customize guns, armour, charicter?
what else would make it worth buying?
thanks in advance

Splitscreen. Up to 4-player co-op drop-in/drop-out play style. Way too many guns. FPS/RPG combination. Hundreds of hours of play. Random weapon/enemy/environment generation. Four different classes. Awesome achievements. Vehicle combat. Loot galore. Beautiful, hand-drawn designs in game.

Things that I can think of right off the bat.

You can't customize guns in the sense that you can make a gun however you want. The game randomly generates thousands upon thousands of guns. Chances are you will randomly find one that is good for you. You can change the colors of a character's armor, but not the armor itself. The customization there comes from shield mods and such.

Basically, this game is going to be badass.

neok182
10-17-2009, 08:54 PM
just as a follow up. you can't customize your armor or weapons.

You can choose your characters/vehicles colors and thats it.

there are 17 million possible weapons that will be randomly dropped in the game. You can add mods to them to up their stats but you can't customize them like adding a scope or things like that.

as far as your character goes, theres a sill tree for each character that you can check out here: http://87bazillion.com/skillcalculator/

junKeh
10-17-2009, 08:58 PM
The game is fun. Just imagine Diablo being a Sci-Fi FPS game instead of H&S. Many people might throw stones at me now saying that the comparison isn`t that accurate. Maybe it isn`t, but it`s to give others an idea about what to expect.
No more boring, pointless FPS rampage. Now you get XP from mobs and you level up. You can work on quests, you get vehicles, lots of weapons with lots of different stats, learn new skills, there are 4 classes.
The weapon randomization is so crazy I got myself a rocket-shooting-scope-shotgun with about 250 damage which is pretty decent for level 20. The game is pretty interesting so I recommend it to any FPS & RPG fans. I also think it kinda looks like Fallout 3 sometimes...