PDA

View Full Version : A star related question

iCe-b0mB
02-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I have tried searching for this question but couldn't find any definite answer, my question is that how do the stars in my gamer profile increase? i have seen people with 4 stars, 5 stars and than with white stars

i couldnt find any explanation for this

FrothyOmen
02-13-2007, 09:24 PM
The stars are indicators of your "Rep". When you play with other players online, they are able to leave you feedback. There are two kinds, Positive, and negative.

Positive feedback will allow the player that sent it to be more likely to be ranked with you in the future. This may also influence your Rep level, and increase your amount of stars.

On the flipside, there is Negative feedback. If you are loud, obnoxious, cheating, or anything that somone just doesn't like about you, they can leave negative feedback. Leaving negative feedback is more in-depth than positive feedback, since you have to choose what they were doing that you didn't like. That player's rep decreases, their stars may (but usually won't) decrease, and you are less likely to play that person in the future.

I hope this clears things up for you, if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask :)

iCe-b0mB
02-14-2007, 05:39 AM
ahh thanks that explains :) so a person who is not on live would not get the rep updated, i mostly do my gaming on system link and don't use live so i guess i will be stuck with these three stars for a while :D :D :D