PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Boar Bather Trick

ac3h013 anton69
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Ok, if you're having trouble with Boar Bather, I got a little trick for you, after you do the hunters quest to kill the razorfire boars go to the sea of black tears, use the Call of the Wild solo and you will spawn a bunch of them. Then just ride them into the sea, it works, I just did it to see if it would work and it does! Easy 50G

shadowfeeder
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Neat, I thought Call of the Wild just summoned those small Urchins.
I did this achievement today, the "normal" way, made it on the first try actually, not too bad. Pretty fun achieve all in all. :)

ac3h013 anton69
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Neat, I thought Call of the Wild just summoned those small Urchins.
I did this achievement today, the "normal" way, made it on the first try actually, not too bad. Pretty fun achieve all in all. :) Yeah it seems fun, I wanted to try it legit, but I just wanted to see if it would work, I was sure it wouldn't, but hey it did.

asdf123
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
This has been posted quite a few times now, but theres always someone who missed it i guess, doing it "legit" is not very hard at all, it take a few minutes longer, thats all

Tim1601
10-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah I got it first try, it's pretty fun and rewarding seeing as it's worth the same as the 100% achievement.

Lol if I were to try the cheap way I'd end up with a Hextadon anyway.

willbedone05
10-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I tried this by killing at least 4 to 5 razorboars and still got a hexadon.:mad:

J1nXxX
10-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I tried this by killing at least 4 to 5 razorboars and still got a hexadon.:mad:

The call of the wild solo summons the beast you have progressed through with the hunter sidequests. So if you already did the one after the razorboars you cant summon them anymore.

You either have to do the hunter missions and stop as soon as you get the razorboars. Or just do it normally which tbh isnt that hard. But you cant summon the razorboars anymore as you have already finished the hunter side missions

ac3h013 anton69
10-18-2009, 07:41 PM
The call of the wild solo summons the beast you have progressed through with the hunter sidequests. So if you already did the one after the razorboars you cant summon them anymore.

You either have to do the hunter missions and stop as soon as you get the razorboars. Or just do it normally which tbh isnt that hard. But you cant summon the razorboars anymore as you have already finished the hunter side missions Oh oops, my mistake, I thought it was the last beast you killed, because i did it after i did the razorboar hunt.

willbedone05
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I guess I have to do it on my 3rd playthrough then.

Tim1601
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I guess I have to do it on my 3rd playthrough then.
Why bother with that? It's pretty easy to just do it properly.

TFU
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't know about that. Doing it legit was kind of a pain. 2 times, Eddie just jumped out into the Black Tears with the hog, and two other times, those damn Panthers lit me up as I try to avoid them.

Still, effort/GS points ratio, this achievement is definitely worth it.

Amazon XD
10-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I did it first try. Not difficult. You just have to be decent at handling the boar.

leburn98
10-20-2009, 02:51 AM
I did this just after getting the Fistfull of Fog achievement by summoning the Boars and driving them off right beside the bridge.

barnabaas
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Why bother with that? It's pretty easy to just do it properly.

QFT. It's not that hard to do the right way.

Confined1987
10-20-2009, 06:31 PM
did it got nothing

x Halcyonfury x
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM
If you have trouble handling the boar at full speed, tap your handbrake (B) and you will go slow.

swamptastic
10-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I find it hilarious so many people are saying it's not difficult to get this achievement. It's obviously difficult for some people. I keep getting near the end and losing the Boar. I've only tried it three times, but it's getting annoying to get three-quarters of the way to the Sea and fuck up. You can say I suck if you want, but that's just a way of saying my skills aren't up to your level. Well, not everyone is as good at games as everyone else! And getting better is not always as simple as practicing. Some people will simply never be any good at racing games. Some will never be good at twitch-based stuff. A lot of people will always suck at puzzle games. What's the point of posting on a forum where people are asking for help and saying "You don't need help! This isn't hard!"? So you've got great skills. Good for you! How 'bout leaving the rest of us who suck to our forums, and get back to being better than we are at all the games you play?

iruhlman
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
I find it hilarious so many people are saying it's not difficult to get this achievement. It's obviously difficult for some people. I keep getting near the end and losing the Boar. I've only tried it three times, but it's getting annoying to get three-quarters of the way to the Sea and fuck up. You can say I suck if you want, but that's just a way of saying my skills aren't up to your level. Well, not everyone is as good at games as everyone else! And getting better is not always as simple as practicing. Some people will simply never be any good at racing games. Some will never be good at twitch-based stuff. A lot of people will always suck at puzzle games. What's the point of posting on a forum where people are asking for help and saying "You don't need help! This isn't hard!"? So you've got great skills. Good for you! How 'bout leaving the rest of us who suck to our forums, and get back to being better than we are at all the games you play?

QFT! some ppl take these xheevos way too damn seriously. lmao

it's 50 points for a reason, I'm having trouble with it as well.

TheMongoStomp
10-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I was going for this achievement when i read you have to beat the game to get this one...not true. Im on the last mission and instead of driving it off that ramp(which wont be there if you didnt beat the game) i drove it off to the right of the ramp. Just go between the fan geyser and the bridge/ramp to the right and launch it off, achievement unlocked