PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Legend FAQ

Facial La Fleur
10-18-2009, 09:40 PM
There are many many many duplicate threads (as usual) and no one has started a frequently asked questions thread yet for this game so I thought I'd start. If you guys/gals have anything to add just post below and I will include it if it is valid and useful information.

Q. Are the difficulty achievements stackable?

A. Yes, if you choose to play on Brutal straight away you will earn the achievements for the Gentle and Normal difficulties once you've completed the game.

Q. How do I interact with the big chained statues?

A. These statues are the Legends that you will find throughout the world that offer a bit more insight into the world's history. To unchain them you will need to do an Earthshaker move with the :abut:+:xbut: combo and then use the :ybut: button to interact with them and learn a bit of lore. All locations can be found HERE (http://images.roosterteeth.com/images/4ad6590960ef2_bighugemap.jpg).

Q. Why can't I use my demon wings outside of the Stage Battles?

A. The main function behind the Eddie's demon wings is to give you a topside view of the field while in Stage Battles. While it would be pretty sweet (and possibly useful in searching for collectibles) to fly around the world it just isn't something the developers chose to include. Perhaps one day a cheat code will surface that can make it happen but up till now I haven't heard of one.

Q. Once I've completed the primary story quests, will I be free to roam the world and search for things I've missed or do I need to make sure I have everything before heading to the finale?

A. You don't need to stress yourself out trying to find everything first. After you beat the story mode you can finish up anything you might still need. Secondary Missions, Serpents, Landmarks, Stunt Jumps, Legends, Solos, and Buried Metal will all be available to you.

Q. I've finished all of the Hunter secondary missions but the achievement didn't unlock for me. What gives?

A. You need to go back to where you were given your first hunting mission and speak to the Hunter one last time. Not only will you get the achievement, but also a nice parting gift. If you're having trouble finding him, check HERE (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/hunterachievement.jpg/).

Q. I've found all of the Solos on the map but I don't have the achievement for learning them all. Help!

A. Not all Solos are discovered in the world. Some of them are awarded to you for completing certain primary missions. Also, if you haven't earned the Call Of The Wild solo from there Hunter then do a couple of his missions and you should have it. Check out THIS (http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2742/mapsolo.jpg) map for Solo locations not automatically earned through the story.

Q. I appear to be missing a few of the Landmark Vistas. How do I know if I've previously used a viewer?

A. As you approach a new viewer you may notice that the base is surrounded by green lights. Once you've used the viewer the base lights will turn red to indicate that you've been there before. All Landmarks can be found HERE (http://images.roosterteeth.com/images/4ad6590960ef2_bighugemap.jpg).

Q. I've finished the entire game (including secondary missions), found all of the collectibles, and completed every stunt jump but I'm still short on Fire Tributes. How do I earn more so I can purchase the remaining upgrades in the Motor Forge?

A. Simply drive around the world looking for fellow Ironheade units engaged in battle with baddies and join them in the fight. Once you've finished off all the enemies (so long as none of your own guys die) you will be awarded +15 Fire Tributes.

Q. I've finished the entire game (including secondary missions), found all of the collectibles, completed every stunt jump, and purchased every upgrade from the Motor Forge, yet I'm stuck at 99%. What's going on here?

A. It sounds like you're missing a few pieces of concept art. For the achievement you'll need all the art for Storyboards, Landmarks, Characters, Creatures, Lionwhyte, and Ironheade. Specific details on how to unlock these can be found in the guide HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2442220&postcount=2). Also a checklist of all the concept art can be found HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183471).

Q. For the Sellout achievement, does the number of fans I spend only count in Multiplayer matches or do the ones I spend during single player battles count also?

A. This achievement is cumulative across all game modes but the majority of your fans will certainly be spent in Multiplayer as the story mode has less than ten battles. See the achievement guide HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2442220&postcount=2) for a quick way to earn your points.

Q. If someone was interested, is there somewhere to find a full list of all the concept art?

A. Indeed. Visit THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183471) link.

Q. Speaking of concept art, I'm still not quite understanding the process of unlocking the sketches of the various factions and their unit types. Could you explain again, please?

A. There are twelve (12) different pieces of art for each faction that is unlocked through Stage Battles in Multiplayer. Eleven (11) of those are for recruiting said number of one unit type. The final art is of that faction's Megastage which is unlocked by spending more than five (5) minutes on stage. Got it?

MORE COMING SOON!!!

J1nXxX
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Great idea, I have some that you might want to add. As i see a lot of these questions.

Q: I finished all the hunter missions but the achievement did not unlock, is my game glitched?

A: No, your game is not glitch you have to go back to the hunter where you got the first mission and talk to him for it to unlock. You might have to restart the game for him to appear. You can find him here (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/hunterachievement.jpg/).

Q: Im missing a solo but I have been to every single one on the map?

A: Make sure you have the solo from the hunter missions Call of the Wild if you do refer to this (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/mapsolo.jpg/) map to find the one you are missing.

Q: I can't open the big statues that are chained together (Legends)

A: Use the earthshaker to open them, pressing A+X at the same time, then when near press Y to use them.

Q: I completed the game, found everything, bought everything but I still have 99% on the stats screen is my game bugged?

A: No you need to collect all concept art from Ironheade for this to unlock, refer to the achievement guide as to how.

Facial La Fleur
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Cool, I will add these shortly.

Bamm
10-18-2009, 10:23 PM
where do you find tollusks?

Facial La Fleur
10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
The tollusks are the big creatures that roam on the first island. They are everywhere but if you can't find them check near the mines.

I will compile a list of the various creatures and their locations and add them to this thread.

BarbaricGoose
10-18-2009, 10:53 PM
A. This achievement is cumulative across all game modes but the majority of your fans will certainly be spent in Multiplayer as the story mode has less than ten battles. See the achievement guide HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2442220&postcount=2) for a quick way to earn your points.

That is a link to post #2 of the achievement guide. The achievement you're looking for is at the top of page #3. ;)

Tim1601
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
The tollusks are the big creatures that roam on the first island. They are everywhere but if you can't find them check near the mines.

I will compile a list of the various creatures and their locations and add them to this thread.

Sometimes it also helps to save and quit then reload to get them to spawn.

Dahaka
10-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Sometimes it also helps to save and quit then reload to get them to spawn.

Actually, while that is also true, there seems to be a bit of "spawn pop-in" in the game, at least when it comes to critters.

What I mean is that a cursory trip through a known spawning area for some stuff (I'm thinking Tollusks, Hextadons, Reaper Steeds more than anything else) often reveals absolutely nothing, or different critters entirely

However, if you sit around in that area for a minute or two, the stuff that should be there starts appearing. I first noticed this when I went afk for about 30 seconds in the snow area, no mammoths when i left, 4 when i came back. Did some testing there and elsewhere, and came to the earlier conclusion.

Facial La Fleur
10-18-2009, 11:15 PM
That is a link to post #2 of the achievement guide. The achievement you're looking for is at the top of page #3. ;)

I was linking to the Metal God description because that part gave specific details on how to use Feeding Area to get your units killed so you could spend more fans.

hefe13
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Can you use the chapter selection to start over and get the Brutal Campaign Achievement?

Facial La Fleur
10-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Can you use the chapter selection to start over and get the Brutal Campaign Achievement?

I couldn't say for sure until someone tests it but until then I'm gonna assume not.

hefe13
10-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Apart from collecting, which is tedious, the game was awesome. Just don't want to have to do it again. Oh and the Drowning Doom/Tainted Coil stage battles. Those were bloody hard!

Facial La Fleur
10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Can I get one of the Mods to sticky this, please? :)

ptpjr
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
does anyone know if u complete the story can u go back and clean up the 2ndary missions?

Facial La Fleur
10-19-2009, 05:54 PM
does anyone know if u complete the story can u go back and clean up the 2ndary missions?

Yes you can.

Facial La Fleur
10-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Well, I've added all I can think of off the top of my head and will continue to add more as I think of them or they are suggested. Keep the questions coming guys and maybe this will be good enough to get a sticky so we can maybe clean up the forum a bit with the same question threads all the time.

gmorra
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
This is awesom! This FAQ needs a sticky! Thanks OP!:drunk

Facial La Fleur
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Updated. Added two new questions.

Facial La Fleur
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Updated. Added another two questions.

smokestacker
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Awesome FAQ, one possibly stupid question.......I somehow didn't get around to riding a tollusk and now I am at the point where I have to do the stage battle with the bridge. When I head back towards bladehenge it has been overrun with baddies and tollusk looking things with crap sticking out of their back. Are there still some tollusks to ride at this point or do I have to complete the game then go back?

Facial La Fleur
10-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Awesome FAQ, one possibly stupid question.......I somehow didn't get around to riding a tollusk and now I am at the point where I have to do the stage battle with the bridge. When I head back towards bladehenge it has been overrun with baddies and tollusk looking things with crap sticking out of their back. Are there still some tollusks to ride at this point or do I have to complete the game then go back?

Check near the mines for tollusks. They hang out in that area alot.

smokestacker
10-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Check near the mines for tollusks. They hang out in that area alot.
Sweet, thanks for the quick response

-chrisluvshacks-
10-21-2009, 08:29 PM
i did all the ambush, mortar, and death rack missions available on the map and still dont have the protector achievement-the only missions left on my map are 1 race and the hunting missions

Facial La Fleur
10-21-2009, 11:08 PM
i did all the ambush, mortar, and death rack missions available on the map and still dont have the protector achievement-the only missions left on my map are 1 race and the hunting missions

Do you have the entire map unlocked? Once you've defeated Lionwhyte you'll unlock the second half of the first island and then shortly after that you'll unlock the second island. Also, more secondary missions become available as you progress through the story so do a main quest and then check your map for new side missions.

-chrisluvshacks-
10-21-2009, 11:11 PM
got the achievement-more poped up after beating the game at bladehenge, they were all against lionwhyte henchmen, so i guess it wouldnt make sense in story if they were there after he died so they put them back after it was over

Facial La Fleur
10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
The whole first page is littered with questions that have already been answered here. Can we get this stickied someone?

gmorra
10-22-2009, 04:01 PM
How do we sticky posts? I never learned:confused:

smokestacker
10-22-2009, 10:19 PM
How do we sticky posts? I never learned:confused:
I think a mod probably has to do it but I'm not sure.

Facial La Fleur
10-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Yeah, only a mod can sticky a thread as far as I know.

Facial La Fleur
10-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Updated: Added another new question and answer.

Why the hell aren't the Mods paying any attention to this forum. It's a mess with all the repeat threads and if this was stickied then maybe people would stop the spamming though it's doubtful.

YuHadMeAtHal0
10-26-2009, 04:01 AM
I have a question that I can't seem to find anyone has asked on the forums.
On the part where you have to fly up to the top of the mountain thing in the middle of the Black Tears map. There is a landmark on top of it but I can't get up on top of it because you can't use wings outside of a stage battle. How do I get up on top of it to view the landmark?

Facial La Fleur
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
There is a road in the dry ice area that leads up there. I don't have a specific location that I can say but there is a fork in one of the paths in that area and one of them leads to higher ground. I hope that is helpful.

ZiM1021
10-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Quick question. I picked up the game today, started on normal difficulty, and played for an hour or two. I just read that brutal difficulty isn't that much harder. If I switch the difficulty now and finished the game, would I get all three difficulty achievements or would I have to start a new game on brutal difficulty? Thanks.

Facial La Fleur
10-27-2009, 02:33 AM
Quick question. I picked up the game today, started on normal difficulty, and played for an hour or two. I just read that brutal difficulty isn't that much harder. If I switch the difficulty now and finished the game, would I get all three difficulty achievements or would I have to start a new game on brutal difficulty? Thanks.

To be safe you should just start a new game because it would suck to play through the whole thing thinking you'll unlock the brutal achievement and it not pop. Worse case scenario you might not even get any achievements for changing the difficulty and that would really blow.

DinoTanker
10-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Facial and other Brutal Conquerors, when I try to unlock the Legend marker in the northern part of the Central region, it's covered with snow and does not respond to the A+X action. Any ideas? All of the video guides show it as normal/un-snowed. Did you have to do something to melt the snow (fire combos didn't seem to do the trick) or did you get it after finishing the campaign?

smokestacker
10-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Facial and other Brutal Conquerors, when I try to unlock the Legend marker in the northern part of the Central region, it's covered with snow and does not respond to the A+X action. Any ideas? All of the video guides show it as normal/un-snowed. Did you have to do something to melt the snow (fire combos didn't seem to do the trick) or did you get it after finishing the campaign?

Have to finish campaign

Odessa
10-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Have to finish campaign

I was actually able to get it before finishing the campaign. I was told you could do this after raising the Temple, but I was a bit farther along before I tried it.

smokestacker
10-29-2009, 10:27 PM
I was actually able to get it before finishing the campaign. I was told you could do this after raising the Temple, but I was a bit farther along before I tried it.

Hmmm, well there you go. I didn't start on the collectibles until after the main story missions because they were angering me. Would have made things a bit easier if I had started earlier so I could have had some upgrades. Oh well....

Odessa
10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Hmmm, well there you go. I didn't start on the collectibles until after the main story missions because they were angering me. Would have made things a bit easier if I had started earlier so I could have had some upgrades. Oh well....

Oh wow. Seriously? I just started on Brutal and the first thing I did is start looking for those Serpents. I can't imagine attempting it without all the health and upgrades.

smokestacker
10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Oh wow. Seriously? I just started on Brutal and the first thing I did is start looking for those Serpents. I can't imagine attempting it without all the health and upgrades.

Yeah, lol. By the time I finished my brutal play through I think I had 42 serpents. Each upgrade I got I just thought, man this would have helped.

icypinksmurf
10-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Cheers mate, this was really helpful.

TheMarski
09-02-2011, 04:15 AM
You don't have to complete the entire game. You do, however, need to progress through enough of the story/primary missions in order for "the snow to melt," so to speak.

After the mission "A Number of the Beasts" [where you cage the Metal Beasts, and ultimately recruit the amazonian Zaulia tribe to your side], you'll get a deeper explanation of Eddie's family and his presence in the past during the ending cut-scene for that mission. After this point the snow will be gone, allowing you to use the "Earthshaker" move and view the Legend. The story told in that particular Legend formerly covered in snow deals with these secrets, so I guess game developers didn't want to give anything away too soon, and "locked" it until a later part of the game...