PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone thats played this game help?

ScottCorno1987
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
What is Borderlands actually like? What other games can it be compared to?

From watching one video, I can tell I'll love the game... but trying to convince others to get it is difficult as they cannot see beyond the graphical style of the game (which I personally think is refreshing and is one of the unique things about it).

FYC Punker
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Fallout 3 mixed with Call of duty...

Kinda..

Its bassically its own game.

ScottCorno1987
10-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Fallout 3 mixed with Call of duty...

Kinda..

Its bassically its own game.

thanks, I'll quote you on that... the mere mention of call of duty will easily make people buy it :-)

xhunterrrr
10-18-2009, 11:45 PM
thanks, I'll quote you on that... the mere mention of call of duty will easily make people buy it :-)

The only similarity between CoD and Borderlands is that both are FPS games...

Why not mention the fact that there are millions of randomly generated guns? Much better point about the game.

Dahaka
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I haven't played the game, so I'm pretty much blowing hot air here, but I've been tracking it since it was on the cover of game informer my freshman year of college (that was 4 years ago, give or take)

Basically, it's a fast paced shooter, ala call of duty or halo - but with diablo-esque loot generation, co-op, and leveling, set in a universe that's a stylized version of fallout 3 (ie, post-apocalyptic, kinda, except not really - in setting it probably has more in common with red faction guerilla, but i hesitate to compare it to that mediocre at best game).

FYC Punker
10-19-2009, 12:36 AM
The only similarity between CoD and Borderlands is that both are FPS games...

Why not mention the fact that there are millions of randomly generated guns? Much better point about the game.

Because he asked about gameplay,not features.

IF IP IS
10-19-2009, 12:42 AM
It's FPS RPG so they can do call of duty style while playing an RPG

rubiq
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Its FPS so think along the lines of Fallout rather than COD as its got mission RPG type stuff to do, similar to fallout ie (find object x, take to location y, collect reward from location z)

The feel is a bit cartoony like crackdown but still with the feel of post war, like Fallout3 again..

During battles if you try and wade in you will be punished and each time you die, it costs you money to respawn so you dont wanna be dying too often.

I like the way it introduces new characters in the game, reminds me of Kill Bill for some reason.. they have quirky personas too which is good rather than you not caring if you see them again or not.

Only ten hours or so into it so im sure theres loads more i havent seen yet.. its fab so far tho..

jokerg31
10-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I would compare it to Bioshock more then anything. But I haven't played fallout.

BlindxLink
10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Well the way I explained to it was, it felt like a first person MMORPG. MMO because it was set up the same way, quests wise. Some side quests were like, "Kill 5 Bad Guys and return to me!"

You can't really compare it to much.

xx_0_0_xx
10-19-2009, 06:45 AM
"RPG" (xp, gold, quest,ect) with guns and fpp camera ;>

Macho M.
10-19-2009, 06:51 AM
So far, very Fallout 3'ish, with less developed skill system, more developed weapon system, with much smaller map, but having vehicles...

It doesn't feel like CoD much tho.

ScottCorno1987
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
thanks for all the feedback.

seems a shame this game is being released so close to COD:MW2, as no doubt that will negatively impact the sales of this game