PDA

View Full Version : For the next Rewards Challenge, Do You Think They Should Have More Options?

brsfan22
02-13-2007, 10:22 PM
When I say options I mean ways to connect. I don't really know how servers go, but is it possible for them to have a server for the east coast and one for the west coast. That would stop all of the traffic on the web page. If not more servers, how about a mail-in registration due a month before the challenge starts? The reason I ask is because I think they handled this situation poorly and have kept myself and thousands of other gamers from getting prizes they deserve.

thecrazyguy
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I do agree with you. A mail in registration would deffinetly be nice. Or maybe to be able to call in to 1800 4 my xbox, and they could register you that way.

My problem is with having to use a windows live ID to get registered for the old spice challenge. I've been having a ton of problems with my windows live ID, and because i havent been able to log in with it, it's kept me from being able to register and take part in the old spice challenge.

For future challenges, they deffinetly need to have new ways for gamers to register and get involved. Because it's set up very poorly with the online registration right now, and like you said, it's keeping alot of gamers from being able to get involved, and getting the prizes they deserve.

Walcherina
02-15-2007, 11:58 PM
This challenge was a disaster in my eyes, they're going to have to come up with another way to work it.

rollerpenguin
02-16-2007, 12:25 AM
I think that they should have advertised it a bit more. The only reason I found out about it is because one of my friends told me about the game informer article. They need to just say up front that you can with free stuff. Not make you jump through hoops just to find out the basics of the contest. I mean "Are you up to the challenge?" is a bit vague don't you think.
As for more options, there definitely needs to be something else. I couldn't sign up for the challenge until the third day it was going on. But they did say that this was just a test run so hopefully they'll fix all the problems nest time.

BACKDRAFT11
02-16-2007, 01:57 AM
I think before Microsoft even starts another challenge, they need to fix everything! The fact the servers crashed as soon as the site went up needs to fix, and the links not working is another huge problem! Yes, there is the possibility for more options, but I really don't like the fact about what happened with this challenge.

Fonkey Monkey
02-16-2007, 02:01 AM
This one was a complete mess so I just avoided it altogether... But we will have to wait awhile cuz this one doesn't end till sometime in April isn't it?

Slormer
02-16-2007, 05:27 AM
I think they should have a sign up period like a week or so before the actual challenge begins, so that even if it does crash all their servers and whatnot, it not not holding people back because the actual contest has not started. More people would have heard about the challenge had they had Ads on the actual 360 dashboards like other things have. Not all 360 users browse forums and surf the net, some only hear things from their friends. Hoping the next one is available in Canada aswell.

Spot2009
02-16-2007, 06:02 AM
I think that they should have advertised it a bit more.
That's a lower chance for everyone else to get the rewards! And plus, that's more traffic onto the servers.

And hopefully, Xbox Live Anywhere will implement an Xbox Rewards system into it.

They handled this poorly, but I'm not gonna cry about it, seeing how I know that I could not do it better myself. And plus, the rewards are free. And maybe they'll give out more rewards.

Deaths Tool
02-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I think the fact that the huge load of sign-ups and registrations are done now will lessen the load next time they have a challenge.

Next time it'll be open webpage, click twice, maybe three times, and done. Not fill out form, submit form, submit form again.

It could overload just on the fact that people are checking it to sign-up for another challenge, but maybe they could stagger levels so that level ones sign-up then two's then three's or the other way around. Make it so that if you're not that level you can't get in to lessen some load.

Just throwing around ideas.

I think they should have an option as to which XBLA game you get cause what about the people that already have Contra?

thecrazyguy
02-16-2007, 02:15 PM
By the way, did anyone notice the amount of prizes available? Aside from contra, of which there are 70,000 units available, all the other prizes, the xbox live points, t-shirts, fusion frenzy 2 etc, there are only 2,500 units of each of those available. So in reality this was a contest only open to the first 2,500 people who were lucky enough to be able to get on the website to register, and complete the challenge.

To anyone else who was not one of the first 2,500, what are we competing for? Other than the level boost if your level 1 or 2. But other than that, or if your level 3, your trying to win a FREE old spice gamer pic? BIG WOW. Or a copy of contra? Oh thats a terrific prize, unless you already have contra that is.

For the next challenge, microsoft really needs to rethink the prizes. I mean this is microsoft, and all they can swing is 2,500 of each prize? C'mon