PDA

View Full Version : DLC bonus weapons

S3M
10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Seeing how I can find nothing on the internet about this, does anyone know how many bonus weapons can be unlocked in the six extras missions found in the DLC.

So far I beaten all the missions and have unlocked six extra weapons. Just wondering if there is anymore. As so far the best rank I managed to get on any of them is a 'B', does anyone know is there are any other unlocks for getting A or S ranks?

Oh and just incase anyone is wondering these weapons do not count towards the Weapon Lord Patch Achievement. Once unlocked they can be used in story mode however.

Megis Eldurin
04-11-2010, 12:59 PM
As far as I can tell there are only the six weapons, as mentioned on the official homepage under "New Element". http://www.square-enix.co.jp/sylph/

AceOfVoiceover
02-22-2011, 09:39 AM
The DLC contents for Project Sylpheed is no longer effective and what is weird about it is that it remains in the Marketplace. Each time I download it, the Leaderboard and Extra Missions no longer appear. Project Sylpheed may have had its servers closed like ChromeHounds.

Samurai Kadaj
03-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Are the six new weapons any good? I wasn't going to bother playing the challenges until I heard you get more weapons from it. Is it worth my time? (Will the new weapons make beating the campaign on hard easier?)

Fried Cola
10-29-2011, 04:03 AM
The DLC contents for Project Sylpheed is no longer effective and what is weird about it is that it remains in the Marketplace. Each time I download it, the Leaderboard and Extra Missions no longer appear. Project Sylpheed may have had its servers closed like ChromeHounds.

I'm glad to hear someone say this. Searching for an answer to why the DLC doesn't work has lead me to nothing but motards with unhelfpul non-answers on the subject (the they don't even have the game and wouldn't even !@#$ing know, but Imma answer u anyway kind of unhelpful)

Are the six new weapons any good? I wasn't going to bother playing the challenges until I heard you get more weapons from it. Is it worth my time? (Will the new weapons make beating the campaign on hard easier?)

I'm replying to a post half a year old, so you probably won't read this. I have read that one of the DLC weapons is a laser for your heavy hard point. Lasers + the target tracking thing = deadly in this game and supposedly using the target tracker & alternating between the light laser and the heavy laser before they overheat breaks the game & u can take down an S battleship faster with that combo than 1 maelstrom bomb.

I dunno about u guys, but I'm sick and tired of having one of my retarded wingmen fly straight into my maelstrom bomb the moment I shoot it :mad:

Samurai Kadaj
06-22-2012, 05:33 AM
That laser sounds pretty cool. Too bad I'll probably never see it. I was able to pass the first challenge mission to unlock the Thrush missles, but that's as far as I can get. The second challenge mission pits you up against warships that come in waves and the game states that you're supposed to find the most efficien and fastest way to take them all down. Simply can't seem to do it. The Acropolis always goes down too fast. I don't even come close. And you can't play challenge missions unless the previous one has been beaten.

And yes, I'm still playing this game... That One Gigaton achievement is the worst grind achievement I've ever gone for. Granted, I keep putting the game down and picking it back up, but I've been working on that achievement off and on for over a year now. Seriously, who puts in an achievement for killing enough enemies that it takes a solid 11+ playthroughs?! And of course this game has a "platinum" achievement for getting all other achievements, too!