PDA

View Full Version : How big is the MAP?

gmorra
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
How big would you say the world of Borderlands is? Would you say it is smaller or bigger then Fallout 3?:confused:

xhunterrrr
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
How big would you say the world of Borderlands is? Would you say it is smaller or bigger then Fallout 3?:confused:

If I remember correctly, it is much bigger than Fallout 3.

gmorra
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
If I remember correctly, it is much bigger than Fallout 3.

Cool, thanks man! :drunk

xhunterrrr
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
IF I am wrong and it is smaller, it is barely smaller. However, the map is broken up into sections where you have a really short loading screen going between them.

gmorra
10-19-2009, 03:58 PM
IF I am wrong and it is smaller, it is barely smaller. However, the map is broken up into sections where you have a really short loading screen going between them.

Ahh, so kinda like Mass Effect where the planets would be smaller open areas to explore?

xhunterrrr
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Ahh, so kinda like Mass Effect where the planets would be smaller open areas to explore?

Yes, but much more free-roam. Basically, giant open areas with multiple quests. Not really linear. Also, these areas are definitely bigger than the Mass Effect areas.

neok182
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
yeah this isn't like fallout where it's like here have a big square to walk around in.

This is more like diablo. You can do a quick search for diablo maps if you want to see what it's like.

Basically you have a town and then a whole bunch of wide open areas around it going to the next town.

Also the areas are randomly generated for each character.

gmorra
10-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Cool, thanks a lot for the info guys! You have really helped a lot! :drunk

Shelton
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Over on the official forums, there was a thread discussing this. Oblivion and Fallout both have a map which is 16sq miles. One of the GBX devs stated that Borderlands map is between the size of Manhattan and the moon, lol. Therefore, at the very least it is about 23sq miles.

Gariom
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
So the map is kinda like the one in Mercenaries 2, except bigger? And yes, I am ashamed I even thought about this game in the same light as Borderlands.