PDA

View Full Version : Post locations of good weapons here!

surge1
10-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Up to level 26 right now with my Siren in a strictly 2 player co-op game and none of us so far have been lucky with any purple or orange weapons. Only the occasional guaranteed purple drop from a boss has been used, but other than that, everything has been quest rewards. No chests have had any good drops or anything. So.. with that said.. any of you know any locations of guaranteed drop weapons? Hidden weapons? The GT review mentions an alien sniper rifle, but I don't know where to get or anything else cool.

xhunterrrr
10-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Up to level 26 right now with my Siren in a strictly 2 player co-op game and none of us so far have been lucky with any purple or orange weapons. Only the occasional guaranteed purple drop from a boss has been used, but other than that, everything has been quest rewards. No chests have had any good drops or anything. So.. with that said.. any of you know any locations of guaranteed drop weapons? Hidden weapons? The GT review mentions an alien sniper rifle, but I don't know where to get or anything else cool.

Alien weapons are at the end of the game. As for drops/chests, except for certain boss weapons, drops are entirely random. Badasses drop better weapons, but even that is random.

mosin360
10-20-2009, 01:59 AM
I've found two alien weapons in caches, pretty mean stuff. I've gotten two orange guns and a ton of purples. And uh, you can't list good places because its 100% random besides quests rewards.

neok182
10-20-2009, 03:13 AM
as mosin said, with the exception of rewards it's 100% random so there's no way to make a list of locations.

Sporty Flea
10-20-2009, 04:38 AM
One would think some one so far into the game would know this by now...I mean, I haven't even played it and I know it...

surge1
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM

I said locations of guaranteed drop weapons, not locations of chests

Brendy Boy
10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
In old haven, you find a quest on some dead bodies for finding treasure. When we completed the quest, I got an SMG for my Siren that is the best weapon I've seen yet. It's a purple item and I kill bad asses in 1 clip.

Hoaxs
10-20-2009, 08:57 AM
The alien weapons are good but they aren't the best. You get the Alien Laucher without a sight near the end of the game. I ended up getting 3; Alien Laucher with Scope, Alien Shotgun and Alien Laucher without scope.

jwmc1971
10-20-2009, 01:01 PM
i got a rifle ..Ball buster ( ? ) ..it has infinite ammo . shoots purple orbs .

neok182
10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
i got a rifle ..Ball buster ( ? ) ..it has infinite ammo . shoots purple orbs .

best fucking weapon ever lol. And i want it.

seahn
10-20-2009, 04:38 PM
not sure how the items work, like if the chests have random weapons, or what, and i do know that even though you get roughly the same stats, in co-op a friend and i retrieved the guys leg and killed the creature that had stolen it from him, and in doing so we received a wave gun (a shotgun with weird ammo haha, best way i can describe it), now we had roughly the same damage and what not, but i had a scope and he didn't, and i guess technically i was "host" if such thing exist in this game (basically we were split screening, my account on my on board memory, and his on his HDD on my xbox, and i was first player) so i don't think, but i don't know if that would make a difference, as i do remember hearing such items in co-op may have differences

but, if there is some kind of pattern to the boxes, i was around level 13-14 when i went to a little raider town, across the way from where you get your first missions from the doc (where you have to jump across first, then open the gate, a ways past the actual gate), and going threw this little town (cant say where it is exactly ATM but i do know there is a little shack at the beginning and then a bridge that takes you over to somewhat highly elevated walkways and buildings, and in one of those buildings i found a very expensive and high level class mod, 2 actually in a weapon crate, one being for my class (hunter) but for a level 22, and another for a beserker for level 20)

other than that, just boss weapons, but i think the weapon crates and drops are fairly random...

absolutely love this game. just had to mention that, played for about 7 hours straight and got to level 17, having a blast

seahn
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
oh, i kindof forgot something, not sure if there is anything to it as ive only done it once, and with kindof crappy results...

but it may have been in the load screen, that i read to shoot some of the bird enemys as they sometimes swallow enemys whole, weapons and all, and once again, im not sure, but there was one that had a slight sparkle under its belly, but it was accompanied by many other bird enemys so i cant be for certain, but im pretty sure as a shot it and down rained a weapon and other loot...

and the one weapon i did receive was a decent but not great assault rifle, and this was without the use of my blood wing, i merely shot it down and the weapon ammo and money spilled out

also, im not sure this is true always, but the one i did manage to get this to work on, like i said, had a slight sparkle on its underbelly, and it was a white off white bird (sorry, i cant remember the names of the enemy)

NaK Quinn
10-20-2009, 05:23 PM
You can only carry 12 things in your inventory correct? Seems kinda dumb, being an RPG, you should be able to carry alot more than that. 6 Billion guns but can only carry 12? Can someone deny/confirm?

neok182
10-20-2009, 05:36 PM
You can only carry 12 things in your inventory correct? Seems kinda dumb, being an RPG, you should be able to carry alot more than that. 6 Billion guns but can only carry 12? Can someone deny/confirm?

you can get 42 inventory spots by finding all the claptraps

And theres only 17 million guns actually lol.

Hoaxs
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
best fucking weapon ever lol. And i want it.

All alien weapons have infinitie ammo but have to recharge after 2/3 shots.

Macho M.
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
There are spammable chests... best way to get some weapons and extra cash... like 3 weapon chests (2 chests 1 weapon box in fact) in New Haven, on roofs.. you can get stuff in less than a minute, load the game and gather the stuff again... easy way to equip yourself for 19-25 levels.

However, that's not really worth it... my purple 2 shot 14 lvl revolver still OHKOs all except bosses (I'm level 25 with this char now btw), and my orange repeater pistol is already gone as it's usefulness expired in 3 levels... so it's not much about the grade of item, but what attributes it gives. Fast regen for shields, high +% damage or infinite ammo for guns are things that make even a green weapon a worthy replacement.

vI-Youneek-Iv
10-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Just killed Bone Head at lvl 7 ( Now lvl 8 ) just wondering does his Bone Shredder Gun drop automatically?

surge1
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
yeah the bone shredder drops every time

DarkCrown
10-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Just killed Bone Head at lvl 7 ( Now lvl 8 ) just wondering does his Bone Shredder Gun drop automatically?

Suppose to .. I killed him and is gun was on the ground

neok182
10-20-2009, 11:25 PM
i've found a shit load of purple weapons. In fact just about every item i've had is purple. Just found an orange but it requires level 25.

vI-Youneek-Iv
10-20-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm guessing Orange are really rare?

Dr Popodopolus
10-21-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm guessing Orange are really rare?

Yeah the colour coding is white > green > blue > purple > orange

With purples being Rare and Oranges being legendary.

Boylin
10-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Yeah the colour coding is white > green > blue > purple > orange

With purples being Rare and Oranges being legendary.

I think you mean

white < green < blue < purple < orange

sjanuary99
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
i actually have a yellow rarity pistol, and no its not orange because i saw one of the legendaries and couldn't afford it. anybody else get a yellow rarity gun? i bought it from a vending machine.

example of yellow: http://img196.imageshack.us/i/yellow1v.jpg/

example of orange: http://img40.imageshack.us/i/orange1t.jpg/

Macho M.
10-21-2009, 10:14 AM
That's not yellow rarity, it's the same class as orange, but it has expl element.

jwmc1971
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
i have a yellow smg , found in chest . it is my best besides the alien sniper rifle .

sjanuary99
10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
That's not yellow rarity, it's the same class as orange, but it has expl element.

no you're wrong. it is yellow rarity. compare the color of the names of the guns to the frog up in the top left of the link and your will realize it. but yeah they both have explosions element.

Parallax Demon
10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Is the color of the weapons you find someway depending on your level? In know it was in Too Human, where the first orange weapons and equipment didn't show up before level 40, with some exceptions at level 30 If I remember it correctly.
Haven't played the game because it's not released in Europe yet :(

Macho M.
10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
no you're wrong. it is yellow rarity. compare the color of the names of the guns to the frog up in the top left of the link and your will realize it. but yeah they both have explosions element.

Ok, let's say like this - all weapons with yellow names I got so far had the expl element, and I had 4 of them. Either it was a lucky coincidence, a note that all the best weapons have expl or just a bug which colours the name.... oh, and don't forget, colour of explosion element in the game is yellow (if you get a white weapon with expl, the weapon itself will have a yellow part)

Sporty Flea
10-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Is the color of the weapons you find someway depending on your level? In know it was in Too Human, where the first orange weapons and equipment didn't show up before level 40, with some exceptions at level 30 If I remember it correctly.
Haven't played the game because it's not released in Europe yet :(

It's like WoW, upi associate the rarity to the level, a purple at lvl 5 is great at level 5, but you will replace it for something like a green 5 levels later (or earlier :P)

And I'm sure they have a min level for something like oranges, but I doubt any of us know exactly it is. I am 22 though and haven't found one yet if that helps

McKaystyles
10-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Im a big fan of the protein gun. Just stroke it a couple dozen times and it shoots an onslaught on pain at who ever its aimed at.

Jet1337
10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I got that Elephant Gun ( scope-less sniper rifle ) from kill Skagzilla and it does 267 damage! It's overkill!

neok182
10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Ok, let's say like this - all weapons with yellow names I got so far had the expl element, and I had 4 of them. Either it was a lucky coincidence, a note that all the best weapons have expl or just a bug which colours the name.... oh, and don't forget, colour of explosion element in the game is yellow (if you get a white weapon with expl, the weapon itself will have a yellow part)

I found purple items at level 4. Couple i was able to use.

I saw my first orange item on sale at the store at level 15. It was ridiculous. $500,000 level 4 fire auto sniper with like 300 damage.

don't remember the level requirement because i just saw the money and said wow okay not ever getting it lol.

Hoaxs
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Just got my first good legendary. Level 22 Sniper with the ACOG scope. Love this scope. I'm 36 and plan to use it for a long time. :woop:

HeavenSoldier
10-22-2009, 12:09 AM
just randomly helping a friend who wanted to try out the soldier class, and at level 10 i found an Eridian sniper rifle (level12 required) that does 540 damage, with infinite ammo and +60% stability...though i would guess eridian guns have infinite ammo?

howes
10-22-2009, 02:14 AM
I've seen a blue and purple Elephant Gun drop off of skagzilla. Pretty decently powererd sniper with no scope.

Also, just got a orange SMG in the junkyard. I'll post about it in a sec.

OrangeSodaSmurf
10-22-2009, 04:28 AM
my friend managed to snag a eridian shotgun like thing from a New Haven chest
so jealous

Darkprophet
10-22-2009, 05:08 AM
I just bought as a deal of the day, a Purple Revolver. 2x Explosive element, 169 base damage, high fire rate, 2x zoom, 2 shell clip.

I haven't found much that doesn't explode into a bloody mess from a single shot from it :D

seahn
10-24-2009, 01:43 AM
i actually have a yellow rarity pistol, and no its not orange because i saw one of the legendaries and couldn't afford it. anybody else get a yellow rarity gun? i bought it from a vending machine.

example of yellow: http://img196.imageshack.us/i/yellow1v.jpg/

example of orange: http://img40.imageshack.us/i/orange1t.jpg/

i have also found a yellow weapon, oddly enough its a better version (damage and level wise) than my orange

here are their names and stats... oh and the weird thing is, the yellow in my inventory is between the purple and orange, so yeah, idk

GNN solid volcano
name color: yellow
damage: 416
accuracy:97.4
fire rate:0.8
EDIT: fire damage x4

VRR40 c cobalt volcano
name color: orange
damage:256
accuracy:98.7
fire rate:0.9
EDIT: fire damage x4

oh and both have this as the description in red "Pele demands a sacrifice"

i was giventhe orange weapon by a friend, and the yellow from a cache during a mission (not an objective cache)

Knockdown eh
10-24-2009, 02:12 AM
So far i have two oranges and a lot of purple stuff

Smithaveli
10-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Well, I have a chest you can check.. Every single time I've open it, also in a strictly 2 player coop environment, it has had a legendary, epic or rare. I've opened that chest 3 times on 3 different playthroughs, and it has never failed me. When you have the mission Find Tannis for the first time, find here, and then face the same direction she is face. Go outside her tent, and take a right, then platform your way across the broken stone pillars or whatever they are. That chest is awesome.

seahn
10-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Well, I have a chest you can check.. Every single time I've open it, also in a strictly 2 player coop environment, it has had a legendary, epic or rare. I've opened that chest 3 times on 3 different playthroughs, and it has never failed me. When you have the mission Find Tannis for the first time, find here, and then face the same direction she is face. Go outside her tent, and take a right, then platform your way across the broken stone pillars or whatever they are. That chest is awesome.

the first time opening that cache, chest whatever, i got a lousy rocket launcher, the second time i got an eradiun (not sure that's spelled right) sniper

EVILGARDENGNOM3
10-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Alien weapons are at the end of the game. As for drops/chests, except for certain boss weapons, drops are entirely random. Badasses drop better weapons, but even that is random.
I think i found an aluen weapon its a sniper rifle with shock infinant ammo and when u shoot it, the projectile goes up and down when it travels to the target and is a white ball with a tail kinda like a commet and the name is like 0001 101 and so forth it does about 124 damage plus the electricity found it in the machine gun scavenger hunt

Bonkekook
10-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Does anyone know of a list of weapon chest/box locations?