PDA

View Full Version : Quick Co-op Question

SirShavesALot
10-20-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm still a bit confused on how the co-op works. Does the person have to be on your friends list in order to join your game or can anyone join any game they choose? Thanks for any help.

neok182
10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
i believe they have to be on your friends list.

xhunterrrr
10-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm still a bit confused on how the co-op works. Does the person have to be on your friends list in order to join your game or can anyone join any game they choose? Thanks for any help.

If you are asking about something like matchmaking, then there is no matchmaking in this game.

The Incendiary
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I was in the "Browse for Game" section of the menu and tried to find a custom match but there were none, so I'm thinking it only tracks people on your friends list if they're playing the game.

buknasty88
10-20-2009, 04:36 PM

A person doesn't have to be on your friend's list to join a game. Me and a couple of friends were playing yesterday and random people were just going our game. (I really wish he made it a private room so I didn't have to be bothered with kicking those people out.)

Wulfaur
10-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Does anybody else find it lame that you can't do split screen co-op over live? I remember the developers talking about making this game around co-op, but how could they forget something as vital as this?

Rolyatkcinmai
10-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Does anybody else find it lame that you can't do split screen co-op over live? I remember the developers talking about making this game around co-op, but how could they forget something as vital as this?

Because it's really not vital at all. Most coop is played over Live, and a huge amount of resources would have to be wasted on splitscreen. A game that can be rendered in splitscreen is performing at half of what it could be (since it takes double the processing power).

Dr Popodopolus
10-20-2009, 10:15 PM
You can search for quick matches and custom matches on xbox live so no, they don't have to be on your friends list. Wait a few days for more people to get the game.