PDA

View Full Version : Deathstar II, the nightmare, the strategy

smorpheus
02-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Well, after about 4 hours, I finally have the Deathstar II Achievement. I had an absolutely horrible experieince. First time I make it through blowing up the core without losing a life, I'm carefully navigating the trench out, when blam: 360 FREEZE.

I couldn't believe it. I'd never seen the game freeze before in 40 hours of play.

After screaming a bit, I go back in. After about 10 more attempts I clear the core again without dying, however during the cinematic where the core is caving in on itself, my ship manages to crash into a wall and blow up while I'm not controlling it.

At this point I'm just in utter disbelief.

OK try number 3 after pounding down 2 or 3 cigarettes to calm my nerves. After about 5 tries I clear the stupid deathstar again. On the way out, I switch to the X-Wing, blam-o freeze. Honestly, the first time I thought it was because I was listening to a custom soundtrack which I had never done before in the game.

OK, so I wipe off the disk, but I've compeltely lost my rythym. An hour later, I finally get the achievement. I have a pretty good strategy outlined below, that unfortunately I didn't figure out completely until the last few tries. If you're stuck some of these tips may help you.

GENERAL TIPS
I use the Tie Interceptor for everything except the one part I mention below. It's fast, has excellent rolls, and the four cannons are very powerful. It's slightly smaller than the X-Wing making the final exit a bit easier. I've seriously tried every ship on this mission. Even the Slave I is not as effective as the Interceptor.

Hearts don't go away on this mission. So if you have full health, try to save any floating around for later when you are hit.

Rolls are absolutely key when navigating within the Deathstar. You can't be hit while performing a roll, and it's the only way to avoid incoming TIE fire when coming straight down a tunnel.

As everyone says, try to never let go of the fire button.

Practice, practice, practice. You need to be an absolute expert on each of the parts of this mission in order to avoid fire. Play in regular mode with invulnerbility on until you memorize the layout and the techiniques outlined below.

PART 1
This is by far the easiest part of the mission once you get the strategy down. Stick to using the Tie Interceptor and the enemy Ties don't really attack you in this part. Fly around in circles until you pick up two bombs from killing TIE bombers.

Once you have two bombs, flank a Star Destroyer from the side, well out of range of the cannons. Come up behind the Destroyer and let your bombs go from back there, there should be no one attacking you from that angle.

Should be cake to take down all four, after I got this strategy down, I don't think I ever died, and if I lost a heart, I just grabbed one of the many floating about the playfield.

PART 2
Zig-Zag back and forth with your tie taking out all obstructions. When you get to the turrets at the end of the first tunnel, perform a couple of rolls to avoid the incoming laser fire.

You should be able to get through this first part with four hearts. If you have two hearts, I strongly recommend circling back and trying to pick up a few hearts form the debris you smashed (but don't go back as far as the turrets.

When you get to the bomb-generator, quickly perform a forward-back motion to pick up three bombs. Whatever you do, DO NOT switch to the Y-Wing or Bomber. Making two trips with a good ship is a hell of a lot easier than one trip with a floating target.

Throughout this section you will be attacked by groups of TIES, use Barrel Rolls (A Button) to avoid their fire and take them down. It's essential.

Head through the tunnel ahead and use rolls to try to take out at least one of the turrets. When you get past the turrets, expel your bombs. This is the only part I don't fire as it's hard to reach across the controller and hit the bomb button while firing. Not firing here didn't cause me too much trouble, but if your thumbs are dextrous enough, it can only help.

Now with the three pipe targets down head back to the bomb-generator, be sure to try to take out whichever turret you didn't nail the first time through.

Grab up three more bombs and head back out to the big door area with four targets. Make sure you nail at least two of the targets (3 if you can.) then head back for a restock of bombs. Remember to use Barrel rolls to avoid and attack the incoming TIES. They can literally tear you apart in seconds if your not ready for them.

OK, hopefully you've avoided the TIEs (I find this to be the hardest part of the mission. Blow up any remaining targets and head through the door.

PART 3
Fill up on the bomb generator, then head down the tunnel on your left.

Stick to the left side of this tunnel and keep firing. Maneuver out of the way of any TIES coming down, but you should be able to avoid almost all fire by staying as far left as you can.

When you get to the big turret homing-missle launching things. Try to hover right in front of them. As soon as the doors start to open, fire a bomb. If you do this right, you'll get a quick, direct hit without your bomb flying all over the place and eventually missing. Don't try to do two in one go. Just wait until the doors open again to take out the second.

PART 4
Congrats, the really hard stuff is over. But taking out the generator takes some practice. Once you get it down, you should be able to hover in front of each of the electrical outlets and shoot them out before they can get a charge off on you. This works excellently with the Interceptor as the firepower decimates these things. If a TIE gets on your tail while your hovering, perform a loop de loop to get behind him and blow him up and move onto another Outlet. Don't try to take on TIES and Outlets at the same time, or you will die.

Carefully take all five Outlets out. If you get hit a bit, and your dogfighting skills are good, fly around the core blowing up TIEs until you recover your heatlh. Use Barrel Rolls and Loops to outmaneuver them.

OK, now once all the Outlets are down, this is the only time I recommend switching ships. Switch over to the Millenium Falcon. The reason for this is that you can take out the core simply by flying around the room and letting the auto-targeter gun occasionally take pot shots at the core openings. This is by far the safest way to take the core down. Focus on the TIEs, use Loop De Loops to outwit any that get behind you.

Eventually the side turret takes out the core. Do NOT fire the bomb yet. First, switch back to the TIE Interceptor. Now fire the bomb. Be sure to stay in the middle of the room because if you try to go out the door you might run into the bug I did and crash in the cinematic.

PART 5

The last trench bit shouldn't be too hard with the INterceptor. Just be sure to practice it quite a bit so you know how to get through it. I recommend performing slight zig-zag motions with your ship, but generally staying to the center-right of the screen. Be sure to hold down on the analog stick while flying through this section.

On the third screen, there's a troublesome bit you can get hung up on, just try to hang a little to the right through most of this and you should be fine.

If you do manage to get this Acheivement, consider yourself elite. According to MyGamerCard, only about 4% of people who have played LEGO Star Wars earned that!

SuperPhillip
02-24-2007, 06:00 AM
I sincerely doubt I will have the patience to do this, but thank you for sharing anyway. I'm glad I'm not the only one on the verge of something destructive from that mission. :p

Kahuna
02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
thanks for the tips, this is the only one that is giving me a major headache
hopefully will get it in the end, will just keep on trying...

bdg7884
02-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Use his tips! They work, and also throw in a little of yours and you can get it. I did this level undefeated my first time at trying undefeated. I did story, then after free play. I then did the super story, and not even trying just flying as fast as I could through the level trying to get under an hour I made it all the way to the two homing missles before I died. It was 5 AM so I went to bed got up and turned it on BAM first try! IMO this was the easiest level to get Undefeated on! Use the Tie Interceptor! It's lasers are amazing!!! Especially in the last room.

Col Boom Stick
03-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Tried several times unsuccessfully to do this. Took a gander at your post and beat it 2 tries. Thanks. :)

jqtaxpayer
03-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one on the verge of something destructive from that mission. :p
Believe me, you're not. That game froze on me a few times in the same spot. I thought it was because I had extras turned on, though. After I turned them off it didn't freeze anymore. Must've been coincidental. Thanks for the tips, anyhow... these have been killing me.

GEEN0
03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Completed it last night and read ur tips today! Lol But all spot on imo.
Only thing i would add is to stock up on three bombs in part 1 to take into part 2, make sure just b4 u fire the last bomb on the last destroyer u are carrying three and have one floating nearby in space to collect b4 lev2 starts. And definitely zig zag from one side of the tunnel to the other all the way in, and use the falcon all the time when in the reactor core and the speeder on the way out zig zagging again, completed it 2 more times to make sure, (after a thousand failures, a couple of successes felt good)

Walcherina
03-26-2007, 04:49 AM
Great job on the guide, it helped a lot.

PaleGringo
03-31-2007, 01:22 AM
Holy freaking feeling of accomplishment, Batman!

That has to be the suckiest 20 points I've ever earned. :woop: I shelfed this thing for 45 days because I couldn't get it. Perseverance wins out... this was like getting that Purple Heart achievement in COD3. Thank you so much everybody for the great suggestions in helping me finally ace this one.

This thread adds to the proof that this is the best community online for 360 users with questions and who are looking for solutions!

DarkDementia
04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
My friend and I found a alternative way of completing this mission undefeated. Basically he flew and barrel rolled, and i madly tapped X. We did this through the whole mission, coupled with a whole lot of cringing, we completed it. :)

DFILL450
04-08-2007, 06:16 AM
wen i get this game i prob wont be doin this.. ill b happy wit like 900 pts

smorpheus
04-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Glad so many people found that of use. I'd say this and my Hitman 1000 are my two biggest accomplishments :)

ruff
07-01-2007, 10:47 AM
lmao, wooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I died at the last part but this guide helped me TONS

ruff
07-01-2007, 11:00 AM
*THROWS CONTROLLER DOWN AND WAVES HAND IN FRONT OF MY FACE*

YOU CAN'T SEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love you for this guide, cmere :Bounce:

oneshotbilly
07-11-2007, 01:50 AM
God bless you Smorpheus, just managed to do it with your strat after fucking up the escape twice :eek: and then putting my foot on the remote and switching the TV off after i get there the third time - luckily i was quick enough to press pause and wait for the TV to switch back on lol - then Complete that damn level :woop:

also an extra tip - during part one try to have extra torpedoes to carry into the next part, at least 2, i even got 3 by quickly killing a tie bomber after destroying the final star destroyer :)

Conker Rules All
07-11-2007, 01:53 AM
OMG dude are you serious i just beat it on my completist account and now have a full thousand in it i tried that level for so long and finally now it's done and now i can finally give it to my brother who wanted it so bad lol (hes 7)

WaRp3D91
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
dude i tried that and i did not last long

Mtld
07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
This is the only real hard achievement of this game. I am at 980 for this game... don't know if I'll ever finish it.

Pyroman31
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Wow I thought I was the only one...

My game froze while escaping the blast...Fired the game up again and beat it FINALLY. 1000/1000

Great guide!

Daggermn
08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
WoooHoooo! I finally beat this level without dying. Thank you so much for all your tips, they helped a lot. Even with those tips though, this achievement was still fairly difficult in my opinion. I died like 3 times before I got this. I taped down the shooting
button (X) and just concentrated on the loop button (A). It was very hard for me to navigate the inside of the death star, it is so cramped in there. I would spin to avoid being hit by enemy lazers, but then I would smash into the wall and loose a heart. Because there is so much advise that has already been posted on this achievement, my only advise is to stay as calm as possible and don't let the game frustrate you into making stupid moves. If you just remain calm, tape down the x button and concentrate on not hitting the walls, you should be fine.

Now all I have to do is beat the game on 100%. It shouldn't take that long and then I will have another 1000 gamer score to my name. Thanks again guys. This is truly the best site ever.

KingPinn187
08-04-2007, 01:38 AM
nice Guide i actually found the first level of Episode V harder.. and i didnt know that u can get the achievements through free- play so i busted my ass and got it with the millennium falcon the whole way

SHAD0W L1NK
09-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Easier way- Use the tie interceptor the whole time. Tape down the x button. Roll A LOT when inside the deathstar. Took me 5 tries. :woop:

Frangster NL
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I've registered here to thank you for your wonderfull tips! It just took me 2 attemps to get the achievement! Wonderfull! :woop:

elsmitmyster
10-30-2007, 01:35 AM
Lol! Didn't even realise you could roll!! I should really learn to read the instructions more carefully. Did the Death Star in two goes after learning to roll and I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but on the way out just stay in the middle and never stop firing. I found the 'Hoth' undefeated level far harder because every time I tried to somersault, the game had a fit and crashed. You also can't rely on the tie fighter during the Hoth level because it can't drag the bombs.

Incorrigible Space Cadet
11-07-2007, 05:41 AM
Easier way- Use the tie interceptor the whole time. Tape down the x button. Roll A LOT when inside the deathstar. Took me 5 tries. :woop:

I got undefeated in two tries with this strategy it really is amazing how much more you can worry about with your thumb free from pressing the X button. The Tie Interceptor is also perfect.

poulpy72
11-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Thank you very much for the tips! Got it on my 3rd attempt!!!

Now I can go for the 1000...;)

Grunt
11-29-2007, 04:29 AM
Ya!! I just got this one only toke me about 10 trys too! :woop:

baylon452
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll be trying this out for the first time later on today, hope your guide helps

Edit: yup got it on my 6th or 7th try, thnks for the tips! :woop:

Jump Joker
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Another option to rolling is constantly changing directions back and forth while firing through the tunnels. I usually kept going forward until seeing an oncoming fighter then started to flip flop until the fighters were destroyed or gone. It takes a while longer, but for some reason incoming TIEs have a tougher time hitting. Even if you do take a hit, one of the incoming squadron tends to drop a heart. I did mine with the Falcon in about five attempts.

xymon81
01-19-2008, 07:00 PM
oxm stated this is one of the hardest achievements to acquire, im still workn on it, this is the last one i need to get full 1000

braddelo
01-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Man. I was stuck on this only for a bit when I said "Fuck it. I'm looking for a guide." And what's funny is that all I needed to know (remember rather) is that you can roll and dodge everything. Got it my second try (I died during the damn reactor cut scene the first time). Well thanks for helping me remember to use roll! haha

P.S. Why haven't I seen anyone use this::ass?!?!?!

the_b1ues
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
SuperPhillip i no its off topic but where did u get that banjo picture in your gametag from?

Rink Rat 55
02-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Man. I was stuck on this only for a bit when I said "Fuck it. I'm looking for a guide." And what's funny is that all I needed to know (remember rather) is that you can roll and dodge everything. Got it my second try (I died during the damn reactor cut scene the first time). Well thanks for helping me remember to use roll! haha

P.S. Why haven't I seen anyone use this::ass?!?!?!

I am probably saving this achievement for last too. I have perhaps a stupid question: when you say "roll" are you meaning rolling from left to right and right to left. Or do you mean when you press the A button and do the backflip roll motion?

darthmaulian
02-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the help. Your strategy makes this achievement much easier to get. I would like to point out that having a friend help you also makes things even easier. You get double the firepower, and double the proton bombs, meaning fewer trips back to the generators. Just note that the 2 ships, once inside the tunnels, are linked such that if one person does a loop, the other will too, if one person reverses, the other will too. I found this out the hard way. We had gotten through the whole section, and were on our way out without me dying once, and my partner accidentally reversed into the flames. Needless to say, I watched in horror as my ship followed suit and destroyed itself in the fire. So be careful.

bsimmons4prez
03-02-2008, 11:39 AM
thanks for this guide bud, helps greatly

killerharu45
03-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Good guide, I used this and got the achievement fairly easy. Woot! 1000 points

I Deus I
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
This is really easy just use the tie interceptor, i did it first attempt 1000 :woop:
If you have any problems with it freezing turn down the bloom filter to 0 in options when escaping the death star once youve blown the core up.

StumpyFlesh
03-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm going to try this later tonight. I was trying to do it with the snow speeder because it's small and hard to hit, but it's lasers suck. I will have to try the tie interceptor. I will let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT:

GREAT TIPS MAN!!! I beat it on my second try with this guide, nice work! Another 1000/1000 to add to the list! Thanks!

Caddius
03-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Glad to say I nailed this one after just one try tonight, but after many tries the last few nights. I was expecting to be dong this all weekend, but good heart management is all it really takes. I used the Interceptor through the whole thing, If I lost a heart, I just dog fought till I got it back and then continued. And I never stopped moving. I think not being frustrated made a huge difference.

Okay, so here's to my first 1000 that I am really proud of. Time to grab another game.

Bluedeuce13
03-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Wahoo! Just got this one today to finish off 1000/1000 for the game! I had been using Slave 1 on the Star Destroyers, then switching to the Tie Interceptor once inside the star. I got tired of swapping, so I just did the entire thing with the Interceptor. Lots of barrel rolls and cautious positioning. I think overall I attempted this level about 15-20 times.

killerc0P
04-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for this helped out a great deal.
I used the tie interceptor all the time and just taped down the x button with some insulation tape.
This way you can just concentrate on the barrel rolls.

One tip though.... On the way out don't do any barrel rolls as sometimes you go backwards towards the explosion and die also keep to the right and just hold down on the thumbstick.

Took around five attempts in total.

HeroFromHyrule
04-13-2008, 04:17 AM
I would like to say thank you sir. Thanks to this guide, I got this achievement in TWO (yes, 2) tries.

You win x360a imo.

towelie07
04-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Great guide. It still took me a few tries, but I got it, and I'm currently the envy of a couple of my friends. I told them about this guide, and they're going to try it.

On a side note, I personally recommend not rolling at all during the last part (Part 5). It's unnecessary, and it could cause you to loop right after a transition, which will kill you.

Once again, great guide.

CARN8GE
04-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Trying to get this now, but instead of taping down your fire button, use heavy duty elastic band .....I'm using one of those blue ones that stores use to hold bunches of broccoli together, and it works great.

Lilballer59
04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Wow. Your guide is really helpful. thanks! :D

I kept having trouble at the very end of the level where you would have to leave the death star. I got up to there every time i tried.

It wasnt as bad as when i was playing super story on Episode VI. I made it all the way to the last part of the death star when you were leaving, I had to go about 5 inches

and BAM. xbox froze.

It was a horrible experience.
it was worth going for the 1000/1000 though
cause its something im proud of. thanks!

Crimson Ridley
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Dude, I effing love you, I've got the achievement at last. Thinking back to 2 minutes ago lol, the level ain't that hard when you know what to do, I'm still about having a heart attack though, the escape is nerve racking stuff.

Denisu47
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
According to MyGamerCard, only about 4% of people who have played LEGO Star Wars earned that!

Where can you find this information, I have browsed through http://www.mygamercard.net/ many times but have never come up this information.
And it doesn't seem to be possible to look at statistics for the games themselves since it redirects you to xbox.com.

stu375
05-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Cool guide , attempted it just with all your hints in mind , only I stuck the fire button down with that tacky stuff you use for posters, just to make life easier Straight away I got as far as the reactor before doing something stupid to get myself killed . My point being , that the roll you mentioned is ESSENTIAL !!! Good on ya for creating this guide, much needed.

TheGoalslammer
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I FINALLY got this achievement!

Canary Wundaboy
06-28-2008, 04:10 PM
MY GOD I HATE THIS.
Just did everything PERFECTLY and my ruddy interceptor caught on the top of that really narrow opening on the way out!!! ARRRGGGGHHHH.

*edit*
Just did it on the next go!!!

AngrySalad
07-03-2008, 05:25 PM
I finally 1K'd this bad boy. Take that Star Wars Lego II!

G420Funk
07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I read this thread and was freaked about this achievemnt so I saved it for last, I tried the first time with the Falcon and died in the reactor chamber, then I did the whole thing with the Tie Interceptor and got it. Two tries and done. I think this achievement is overated. All I did was take my time and spin a lot, when I lost a heart I replaced it, simple.

Cormyre
07-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Wicked walkthrough! made the achievement cake, sat down tonight (after giving the game a few days off) and after reading your walkthrough took it down on my first try... suck that LEGO SW! it's trade-in time for you!

TransonicPower
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Finally, finally I get this!!! This was the last achievement I was missing and I finally get it!!! This game is my first 1000/1000! I taped the X down, and kept rollin'! In the Escape part, I just went trough everything!

onemorechanc
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the write-up ... it was a great help. I had been trying this for ages and kept dying, but after reading this (and taking a break from the game for about a week) it only took four or five tries.

xGrenadeJumper7
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm still working on 100% achievement, and I have to say, I'm scared about tackling this one. However, the strategy seems to work for most of the guys here, and I will love this site forever if I can manage to get it. Wish me luck guys!

Blue Radium
06-03-2009, 06:50 AM
It took me 3 tries, you guys really psyched me out on this one. Here is how I did it:

Use the Tie Interceptor the entire time, except for the escape portion, on which I changed to the Millennium Falcon to be sure I escaped. Rule #1 is button mash rapid fire as fast as you can for pretty much the entire mission. Holding down fire does not work, as you do not shoot fast enough to kill oncoming suicide bombers as I call them.

For the first part, just rapid fire, kill the ships, collect hearts as is needed, easy stuff.

Second part, entering the trench, was the most difficult for me, mostly because on my first 2 attempts the enemies simply stopped dropping health, over 15 kills, no hearts. On my 3rd they consistently dropped health though. Rapid fire the entire time, picking up the bombs, destroying the pink stuff, etc.

3rd part, the missile launchers, take 3 bombs with you for sure, 1 for the killing blow at the end. Rapid fire your gun the entire time, collect health as needed, destroy both guns and continue.

Now, for the zapper gun part. I found the best way to do this was to make a wide approach, facing the gun from far away, slowing your ship down to a near standstill, then massing your gun for about half a second. Wash rinse and repeat for all of the guns. For the center, stop facing the center, rapid fire at it, should take no more than 2 rounds of shooting to get the kill. Fire the bomb, then switch to the Falcon.

As for the escape, stay in the direct center of the screen, firing as fast as you can the entire time.

For me, that is all there was to it. I might be the lucky one, but as long as the enemies don't have a health famine, I had an easy time. Good luck with this if you are having trouble, persistence is always key.

gameseeker15
07-14-2009, 03:44 PM
This is a tough one. Thanks for the tips. Your not the only one too with it freezing there at the end. It is either a coincidence or the game is glitched at the last stage cuz I just barely finished the super story and it froze at the ending cutscene. It has also frozen there 2 other times before and no where else.

TonySki
08-31-2009, 04:08 AM
Damn this was a pain in the ass.

then I bought the Tie Interceptor and got it 3rd try.

you gotta keep barrel rolling and switching directions to beat it cause you can't get hurt if you're upside down. Also for the first part I kept changing to the Y-Wing when I'd get more than 3 bombs cause it can carry 5 at a time. Get 4 with the Y-Wing before taking out the last tower on the last star destroyer so that when you go in the death star you have 3 to start with the Interceptor.

60th Game 1K'd

SweetnSaxyBoy
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
excellent guide, got it 2nd time though!! finnaly done

ChipmunksRus
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I got it i got i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1000 baby!

bigrichienice1
09-06-2009, 10:26 AM
i got it eventually, would never have got it without selotaping the x button and concentrating on just barrel rolls! that helps a lot.

thepaxman
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
OMG this is SO annoying. I've done three runs, got to the end easily, only to get caught up on the way out where those two turrets by the minikit is. ARRRGH. There's not even anything to get stuck on!! Annoying.

thepaxman
09-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Heh, maybe I should have re-read the guide. Anyways, I just switched to Snowspeeder for the end and did it first time! :)

Handguns4Hearts
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Finally Finally Finally. I spent all day trying to get this GOD DAMN Achievement. Thanks for the tips. I was using the TIE Bomber cause I figured you get to carry more bombs it would probably be better. I was wrong anyone who has been having difficulty with this achievement if you have been playing the same level over and over and can get close with another ship use the Interceptor. I switched to it and got it in 2 trys. Thank you so much for the tips. Now I can add it to the 100% list.:Bounce:

PoMoGub
09-18-2009, 02:59 AM
I tried this and beat it on the second try using the rubberband method. One thing I would recommend differently is using the Falcon for the escape as well. The first time I died because I got hung up on something with the interceptor. With the Falcon the laser will auto target everything so you literally only have to hold down and it's cake.

Gottle
09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Anyone tried plaing the entire level keeping pressed RT+X?

STONE DEVIL
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
I tried this and beat it on the second try using the rubberband method. One thing I would recommend differently is using the Falcon for the escape as well. The first time I died because I got hung up on something with the interceptor. With the Falcon the laser will auto target everything so you literally only have to hold down and it's cake.

What's the rubberband method?

camautobot
12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Thank you so much I finally got it.:Bounce:

guthwulf_de
01-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Oh my God, I didn't know you could do this in Free Play mode!!! Piece of cake.

guthwulf_de
01-17-2010, 10:52 AM
What's the rubberband method?

Use a rubberband to hold the X button down so you can concentrate on evasive actions.

xSh4rpxSh0tx
01-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I can see how some people find this is hard, but I found it easy to be honest. I played through looking for the minikits and died once, so I went through and got the achievement first time attempting to go undefeated. And the TIE Interceptor and X-Wing make it so much easier :p.

IWHBYD
03-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Just got this yesterday, for whatever reason I had no trouble doing it this time around 1 failed attempt was all I needed to ace it this time.

homer09001
05-13-2010, 04:49 PM
the game had a fit and crashed.

Its just happened to me as the cinematic would have kicked in on the exit, im f****** livid!!

was 6 minutes ahead on the Super Story!

DeadRisingBully
07-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Just got it today!! That method worked wonders for me, even though I tried like ten times. I had the same freezing problem, too, it crashed on me at the ass end of every run. It was playing real dirty with me, especially when I went through one run undefeated! But thanks to Mr. Windex, the game worked fine.

craigyboy9024
08-06-2010, 11:28 PM
absolutely brilliant guide to the lvl, really detailed, exactly how it should be done... only thing i would say is dont waste time using bombs on the first 3 purple targets u come to as you dont have to destroy these, they are for a mini kit...

brandonator14
08-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for making this i give all my thanks to you and the guy who made the rubber band strategy!!

ZakkuHiryado
08-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Wow that TIE Interceptor is a beast!!

davo0157
10-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks so much for this, worked at the 2nd time of trying! Thanks again

Peter_Parker
11-14-2010, 01:12 PM
That really helped i was stucked on the last part

Rolks
11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
I totally agree. Tie Interceptor for the win! 100% babee.

I would just like to add that I did get hung up on Part 5 in the third leg as well, but I switched to X-wing the second time through and blazed right through.

If memory serves, it was an X-wing/Millenium Falcon that blasted out of DSII during explosion during movie. (My theory, when something doesn't make sense, just follow the movie for character choice.) So I used that.

Mad In Craft
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Yay! I finally got it and now have the 1000G. Thank you very much @smorpheus.

JAW LV
02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
After about 2hrs of practice I finally got the cheeve :woop:

In the end I used the Tie Interceptor the entire way through. This one was tough, glad to be done with it.