PDA

View Full Version : feedback on this game

samjustsam
10-21-2009, 03:03 AM
im thinking about maybe getting this but im gonna read some online reviews first. but i just wanted the opinion of ppl who have played the game. what do you think of it? how is it compared to fallout 3? is it a must get or a pass?
thanx

Laronvas
10-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Very action oriented...lots of weapons...and each one "may" have a unique firing method.. (bounced buckshot, spiraling bullets, double shot(s))

I loved fallout..but this is MUCH more action oriented...good deal of humor.

They MAY release a demo eventually...but otherwise I'd say you should EASILY atleast go rent the game...it's a blast and there's 4 player coop if you want.

lostmotiv
10-21-2009, 03:49 AM
its def an action packed game... lots and lots of shooting and using new weapons. It's kind of like fallout meets unreal tournament while the game does have rpg elements it's really fast paced with lots of over the tops weapons.

CyanideBreathMint
10-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Action FPS-RPG is what I'd describe it as...with loads of guns to choose from. Great game so far. Enjoyed the crap outta Fallout 3 (although couldn't get into Oblivion...go figger), so this is on par with that enjoyment level.

Looking forward to the DLC Gearbox is already apparently working on for this game too.

Dr Popodopolus
10-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Enjoyed the crap outta Fallout 3 (although couldn't get into Oblivion...go figger).

Same here, I have about 100 hours on Fallout 3 and Oblivion about 30 minutes, I wanted to get into it but I just couldn't. Maybe I will give it another go one day... :p

NFaMuS one
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I loved both Oblivion and Fallout 3.

On topic though, to me, Borderlands is absolutely amazing. Granted, the way I enjoy games may open it up for me to say I think a lot of games are absolutely amazing, but even still, this game is!

I love the cell shaded art style, as it definitely puts a twist on what every first person game has been before it, yet it still maintains the blood and gore that we have come to know and love from the first person genre.

The gameplay is pretty on point, as I have notice very little hitches, albeit there has been a bit of slow down here and there, but nothing to write home about. Running and gunning as never felt so good! :eek: The controls are spot on and quite simple to get used to, especially the driving mechanics, which seem to come straight from the Halo universe. For me, once I started this game, it was difficult to put it down.

Now, the game as a whole, may seem a bit slow going in the beginning during the tutorial and such, but believe me, it picks up, and you will find yourself loving every minute of it.

DarthMalice777
10-21-2009, 07:29 PM
I loved both Oblivion and Fallout 3.

On topic though, to me, Borderlands is absolutely amazing. Granted, the way I enjoy games may open it up for me to say I think a lot of games are absolutely amazing, but even still, this game is!

I love the cell shaded art style, as it definitely puts a twist on what every first person game has been before it, yet it still maintains the blood and gore that we have come to know and love from the first person genre.

The gameplay is pretty on point, as I have notice very little hitches, albeit there has been a bit of slow down here and there, but nothing to write home about. Running and gunning as never felt so good! :eek: The controls are spot on and quite simple to get used to, especially the driving mechanics, which seem to come straight from the Halo universe. For me, once I started this game, it was difficult to put it down.

Now, the game as a whole, may seem a bit slow going in the beginning during the tutorial and such, but believe me, it picks up, and you will find yourself loving every minute of it.

I couldn't have said it better myself, so I just figured I'd use his words again instead. Amazing game, was almost scared I had overhyped it before it came out....but Gearbox/2K stepped it up with this game. A def recommend to anyone who enjoys RPG/FPS elements of games and wants to see what they can be like when combined.

Parallax Demon
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Running and gunning as never felt so good! :eek: The controls are spot on and quite simple to get used to, especially the driving mechanics, which seem to come straight from the Halo universe.

I was very eager to get this game, but driving mechanics like Halo are two tumbs down :rant:

McApree
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
I love RPGs. But to compare other RPGs to this game is so unfair. This game is so much better, I think. I love Oblivion, but this game is better. I want to play Fallout 3, but I will probably not get a chance to since I will be playing this for so long.

I think it is really unfair to compare this game though to anything currently available because there is nothing like it, if you ask me. And I think the story is good, for a video game. I mean nobody lambasts COD for not having a decent story. Being a huge scifi fan, I can say HALO's story is decent, but VERY elementary. If you want a story read an effing book. If you want fun, play this game. I have never sniped a person before and blew off half their body.

THIS GAME IS FUN>

NickelNine20
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
The game is so much better than I expected. I only rented it because there were not any other new releases available. The 8.5 average critics gave was higher than I assumed it would be. So I went into it expecting to be disappointed. 15 hours and level 24 later, I'm still playing. Very addicting.

FYC Punker
10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
I was very eager to get this game, but driving mechanics like Halo are two tumbs down :rant:

Dont let that bring you down you dont do alot of driving.

And it doesnt feel like Halo,it just has the same controlls and you can change that if you want.

Oh and OP the game is like Bioshock was put on top of Fallout 3.

It's amazing.

RagingClue
10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Im thinking of getting this game. but i ahve no one to play it with.

i cant use the cheev trading thread as my mike is broke. so is singleplayer too hard on your own (im pretty good at shooters) is it worth getting if i have no one to play it with?

Tgisme
10-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Action packed game that you won't want to put down. Personally, I would choose this game over Fallout. Even though both are great games, something about this one just allows more fun over all. But that is a matter of opinion. :)

FYC Punker
10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Im thinking of getting this game. but i ahve no one to play it with.

i cant use the cheev trading thread as my mike is broke. so is singleplayer too hard on your own (im pretty good at shooters) is it worth getting if i have no one to play it with?

Why not ask the Hardly Boys...?

:p

Sorry had to do it.

The game isnt as hard as people say it is,if you know how to play shooters your good to go,if you know how to play RPGs then you know to stay the hell away from that level 30 when your only on level 16!

RagingClue
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Why not ask the Hardly Boys...?

:p

Sorry had to do it.

The game isnt as hard as people say it is,if you know how to play shooters your good to go,if you know how to play RPGs then you know to stay the hell away from that level 30 when your only on level 16!

I did ask them put joe hardly got exicted over the question and shot clue goo all over me and frank hardly. so i just left.

thanks for your help btw

Santaslave
10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm having more fun with this game than with Fallout 3 and Oblivion combined, and those are great games. Go figure

Ricanboricua954
10-22-2009, 12:32 AM
im thinking about maybe getting this but im gonna read some online reviews first. but i just wanted the opinion of ppl who have played the game. what do you think of it? how is it compared to fallout 3? is it a must get or a pass?
thanx

Hey man i say you should just rent it. The game is AWESOME! To me it feels like Call of Duty 4, Fallout 3, and Bioshock all-in-one. You should rent it only because Modern Warfare 2 is coming out and your better off waiting until then. In my opinion its a 8.5/10. Unless you have some money to throw around, then thats another story! Alright sam peace out holmes!

samjustsam
10-22-2009, 06:26 AM
thanx for the feedback everyone.:)
it seems like most of you are enjoying the game and think its good. i think this is what im gonna get myself for christmas.:woop:
i would ask a family member to get it but they are too cheap so im getting it for myself:p probly use my gift cards that i get for x-mas to help pay for it. as far as modern warfare 2 goes. i will get it eventually (probly sometime next year when its 20 bucks cheaper or on sale or something) but right now this is more interesting to me. i would also like to get wet and saw. and yes i know that they might not be great games but my interest level in both of them is pretty high. i might pay full price for wet and get saw when its 30 bucks. (but anyway...on topic. (lol@ my add):)
so im happy that you guys like the game and am happy at the reviews cuz i really wanted to like this game ever since i first saw screenshots for it. it seems to have its own unique and cool style.

Kyai
10-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Comparing it to Fallout 3 really is the wrong way to go. The only Fallout 3 similarities it has is scrounging for bullets (which can be bought very easily) and the post apocalyptic feel. That's it.

It's more like Diablo with guns, if I had to give any comparison. Then again, that's my opinion. Either way, the game is fantastic.

FYC Punker
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Comparing it to Fallout 3 really is the wrong way to go. The only Fallout 3 similarities it has is scrounging for bullets (which can be bought very easily) and the post apocalyptic feel. That's it.

It's more like Diablo with guns, if I had to give any comparison. Then again, that's my opinion. Either way, the game is fantastic.

I think the reason why people compare it to Fallout 3 is because (Like myself) they never played Diablo II so comparing it to Fallout 3 is easy.

But its weird to try and explain how its like Fallout 3...But at the same time its nothing like Fallout 3..

It has alot of Fallout 3 "Elements"..But it is nothing like Fallout 3's gameplay.

But comparing it to Bioshock that i can understand,its very clear they took alot of things from that game (Which IMO isnt a bad thing at all.).