PDA

View Full Version : GAMESTOP Guns?

MADasaHatter
10-21-2009, 03:11 AM
It wasn't in my game case, I just noticed (yes, 6hrs of playing and just noticed)

the code was supposed be inside, right?

lmao

see what I get when I rush home wanting to play?:p

MADasaHatter
10-21-2009, 03:13 AM
crap, sorry

an error message made me post this thread twice

:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked

HeavenSoldier
10-21-2009, 04:07 AM
If your already 6 hours in, then you probably passed up at least one of them in usage...if not both by now, they're all right for the level you can use them at, but they don't last long, which is kind of disappointing i suppose.

JunkSkelington
10-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Like HeavenSoldier said those weapons are garbage by level 5 so no loss for you. Their benefit is that they are better than the beginning weapons you can buy and makes 1-5 a bit easier, but hardly anything to worry over.

Flik Nightshade
10-21-2009, 07:23 AM
You probably ended up with one of the random cases that wasn't designated as a preorder copy. I know at my store we got about 15 copies and one of them did not have the "PREORDER BONUS INSIDE" graphic on the box.

neok182
10-21-2009, 01:09 PM
the guns are pretty good though. I was using the combat rifle until i was level 14. Finally found a better one.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
the gamestop guns are garbage. around level 9 i found a shotgun that shoots pudding. after that, smoooooth sailin.

hydroxyde
10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
a shotgun that shoots pudding.
Why isn't my copy here yet? :eek:

Will Daniels
10-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Maybe it depends on which class you are using. I am using Roland (soldier) and his two Gamestop/Gearbox guns rock. I believe I am around level 7 or so, and I haven't found anything more powerful so far. I did find a cool pistol repeater that sets enemies on fire. Nice!

Jet1337
10-21-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm a hunter and that Combat Rifle is still lasting me at level 17!!!

I need to find some better shit! xD

ZYM
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM
I have only played the soilder so far and the guns you get are pretty much crap 35 damage I think on the assult rifle and don't remember the pistol not impressive at all found way better guns by lvl 10 had to wait till lvl 13 to use them tho . . .

not sure on the other classes, but also pay attention to your proficiency because as you use weapons(any regaurdless of class choice) that level goes up and you get faster reloads and better accuracy as well as other stuff . . .

Will Daniels
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok, yah, by level 10 I would think you would find at least one gun that is better. But starting out on level 3 (when you can use those guns), it is pretty good for the soldier.

KFZ Scrubs
10-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh, is the code inside the game case?
Well, mine isn't there either.
I know people are like it's no big lose, but i prefer to have it because it's the whole reason i pre-ordered it at gamestop.
If it wasn't for that i would have bought it for 40 bucks using the 20 dollar gift card i got with ODST.

Will Daniels
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I would think you could go back to the GS that you got it from and tell them about it. Surely they will help you out.

howes
10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
If you didn't get a hold of the codes call Game$tops' retail assistance number, they will take some info from you and email you out a code within 24 hours. The number is on their site, and just to be clear, all you need is a receipt number.

fantazja
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
yeah i wouldn't worry about it. i used the Gamestop guns for maybe 2 hours.

McApree
10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
My experience with the gamestop guns so far is actually pretty good. I am a lvl 10 Hunter and I use the SNiper that came in the pack a lot. It is real powerful for me with the way I have my skills weighted right now. I used the pistol, I think until I got the LadyFinger, but it was pretty good when I had it.
I used the sniper to kill Bonehead (for a mission) when he was lvl 11 and I was level 9. I knocked his shield off with two head shots in a row!! I will use that sniper until I get something much better.

Flik Nightshade
10-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm a hunter and that Combat Rifle is still lasting me at level 17!!!

I need to find some better shit! xD

Yeah, same here. Playing as the Sniper, I didn't come across a rifle that was better than the preorder bonus till around level 10 or 11.

MADasaHatter
10-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Oh, is the code inside the game case?
Well, mine isn't there either.
I know people are like it's no big lose, but i prefer to have it because it's the whole reason i pre-ordered it at gamestop.
If it wasn't for that i would have bought it for 40 bucks using the 20 dollar gift card i got with ODST.

that's exactly my thing

I preordered it to get the guns from the start. If not I couldve gotten it from gamefly for 44 bucks.

A shotgun that shoot rockets anyone?

Asking GS for it is a moot point now since I'm already at lv 22 and have weapons that can put a hole in the sun

A shotgun that spits rockets anyone?

KFZ Scrubs
10-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Well.... i don't think it matters now.
I don't know if i'll even need to use the pre-order guns because people say it's no good when you're near level 10... which i am now.

msummi12
10-22-2009, 01:39 AM
I got the codes but my buddy didnt. Can i drop the sniper rifle for him or do the gamestop guns stick with character who has the code?

DENAz666
10-22-2009, 02:59 AM
in answer to the OPs question, no they come in a seperate cardboard sleeve, not inside the game case

MCurley
10-22-2009, 04:11 AM
in answer to the OPs question, no they come in a seperate cardboard sleeve, not inside the game case

The sleeves come in marked game cases.

DENAz666
10-22-2009, 05:16 AM
The sleeves come in marked game cases.

Not for me. We got a little card inside a cardboard sleeve that came seperate to the game

MacPhisto
10-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Yeah the same thing happened to me too. The GameStop store manager at the store I pre-ordered with was at the checkout when I went back to pick up my pre-order copy, and I specifically asked him about the pre-order code, expecting to get a code card, but he just said "It's packaged inside the game", so I took his word for it and left. Then when I got home and unwrapped it, no code was anywhere to be found and of course when I called ALL the GameStop stores in the area, NONE of them had any extra pre-order copies left. What's the point of even offering a pre-order bonus if they don't make enough for the release date?

MADasaHatter
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah the same thing happened to me too. The GameStop store manager at the store I pre-ordered with was at the checkout when I went back to pick up my pre-order copy, and I specifically asked him about the pre-order code, expecting to get a code card, but he just said "It's packaged inside the game", so I took his word for it and left. Then when I got home and unwrapped it, no code was anywhere to be found and of course when I called ALL the GameStop stores in the area, NONE of them had any extra pre-order copies left. What's the point of even offering a pre-order bonus if they don't make enough for the release date?

First the Juggernaut code screw up and now this

two months in a row, GS

They screw me out of my COD preorder and I'm going to right toggle someone

Will Daniels
10-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I got the codes but my buddy didnt. Can i drop the sniper rifle for him or do the gamestop guns stick with character who has the code?

I think you can drop the guns and your partner can pick them up. That is assuming they are the class that can use that particular gun.

Somebody have experience with this? I'm just guessing here..

Will Daniels
10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
that's exactly my thing

I preordered it to get the guns from the start. If not I couldve gotten it from gamefly for 44 bucks.

A shotgun that shoot rockets anyone?

Asking GS for it is a moot point now since I'm already at lv 22 and have weapons that can put a hole in the sun

A shotgun that spits rockets anyone?

It would still be good to get the GS guns. On the sheet with the code, it specifically says that it is available to all new characters when the game begins. So if you start a new character class, you'd have the GS guns from the beginning. I'm about level 12 and still using one of the Soldier's GS guns.

JNix22
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Man, that happened to me too... except that I noticed 5 minutes after. I went back and they switched it out. They were pretty good about it too.

Sm1ttySm1t
10-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Check the borderlands forums -- there is a # you can call, Gamestop will verify your receipt # as a pre-order, and you can get your code.